rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You guys want to reschedule the trip?
I think it might be a good idea. They are saying we won't get another storm until February.
So that's a yes for canceling from I think everyone but cliff. I'll TM him now.
I was hoping the mojo of our anual trip would work its magic as always & break this ridiculous dry spell. I can't believe that the last significant snowfall we've had was on New Year's Day! And the next 10 days look just as dry. This is beyond ridiculous, so...

_ _ _ _ _

Attn: ALL powderhounds & shredheads --

If you haven't already done so, please do those snow dances or whatever other ritual appeases Old Man Winter & Mother Nature. I know I'll be washing my wgn at least a couple times this week. And I'll likely hold a "car wash" @ my folks' to hook up their cars.

Even these smileys are willing to do their part! *heh heh*
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Car Info: '05 psm STi
^^I've been dancing for snow every morning I wake up! It's sad. I've been hiking more than riding and it's JANUARY!
After I wash my car I'm going to build a jump/ jib line across the street.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ZtotheH
Any of you guys ever hit Kirkwood?
Yep as Aaron said, I do!

Usually only after a storm though. When It dumps, holla!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
we need some snow asap, this winter might end early haha
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Car Info: Foz
appears to be that way.... super nice weather but need snow.
heading up right now. ye ye
Old 01-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
So I visited heavenly yesterday for the first time in a few seasons and I've got to say I will not be returning. first, while Waiting in line for the aerial tram I was talking to a 2 clanker ****** (a skier), who after about 3 minutes of being polite started to badmouth snowboarders. He was very open about this and made sure everyone around him could hear his complaints about us. So right off the back i'm a little annoyed, but I'm in tahoe so not much can really bring me down. I then take a few lifts and get to there little prog park, uh groove is it? the only park you can get any sort of flowing line in, even though all the boxes were ride ons . After hittin that a few time I take a another lift and as I'm loading up One of the employees says "well, even though u guys are snowboarders... Have a good day". So now I'm feeling completely unwelcome from not only the riders but the staff as well. Im out of the park now and just riding the mountain, which is fun until a group of 20 skiers decide to block the flat parts of the trail that us boarders haver to keep our momentum through or we have to walk. Thanks guys for taking your half out of the middle making it impossible to weave through. For someone who spends the majority of their day in the terrain park, this isn't the place or you! The antty up park was cool if your pro and like to hit back to back to back 60 footers. Oh did I mention they didn't hav any jibs set up in that park? As for the park right next to the "groove", few decent hits, like 4, not worth my time to waste a run on 4 hits. And the down tube at the end that you have to do a 90 degree turn, losing all your speed to hit... Great idea park crew! At the end of the day there was one thing that went my way, we were leaving as soon as all the free hot chocolate and cookies were coming out, score! So in the end, I've never felt so unwelcome at any mountain I've ever been to in any state. If your a boarder and you think differently then you're probably a gaper! If your a skier that rides that mountain, thanks for the hostilitly, you got what you wanted, I won't be coming back.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by GD916
So I visited heavenly yesterday for the first time in a few seasons and I've got to say I will not be returning. first, while Waiting in line for the aerial tram I was talking to a 2 clanker ****** (a skier), who after about 3 minutes of being polite started to badmouth snowboarders. He was very open about this and made sure everyone around him could hear his complaints about us. So right off the back i'm a little annoyed, but I'm in tahoe so not much can really bring me down. I then take a few lifts and get to there little prog park, uh groove is it? the only park you can get any sort of flowing line in, even though all the boxes were ride ons . After hittin that a few time I take a another lift and as I'm loading up One of the employees says "well, even though u guys are snowboarders... Have a good day". So now I'm feeling completely unwelcome from not only the riders but the staff as well. Im out of the park now and just riding the mountain, which is fun until a group of 20 skiers decide to block the flat parts of the trail that us boarders haver to keep our momentum through or we have to walk. Thanks guys for taking your half out of the middle making it impossible to weave through. For someone who spends the majority of their day in the terrain park, this isn't the place or you! The antty up park was cool if your pro and like to hit back to back to back 60 footers. Oh did I mention they didn't hav any jibs set up in that park? As for the park right next to the "groove", few decent hits, like 4, not worth my time to waste a run on 4 hits. And the down tube at the end that you have to do a 90 degree turn, losing all your speed to hit... Great idea park crew! At the end of the day there was one thing that went my way, we were leaving as soon as all the free hot chocolate and cookies were coming out, score! So in the end, I've never felt so unwelcome at any mountain I've ever been to in any state. If your a boarder and you think differently then you're probably a gaper! If your a skier that rides that mountain, thanks for the hostilitly, you got what you wanted, I won't be coming back.
That's one of the main reasons I never ride Heavenly. Should have gone to Sierra or even Kirkwood. Much more boarder friendly. Even Bear Valley has some anti snowboard skiers there. They are everywhere, but I've never experienced as much ignorance as I have at Heavenly.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
we need some snow asap, this winter might end early haha
We've had some really dry January's before. Nothing to be concerned about. I remember the one year we had our annual trip it was one of the worst January's, then got back to back storms to close out March and April. Best riding of the year was at the end of the season. It was good.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
That's one of the main reasons I never ride Heavenly. Should have gone to Sierra or even Kirkwood. Much more boarder friendly. Even Bear Valley has some anti snowboard skiers there. They are everywhere, but I've never experienced as much ignorance as I have at Heavenly.
Yeah I haven't ever been to much of a big mountain boarder, I'm usually at Sierra or night boarding boreal. I've been goin to north* more often this season cus they're park is sooooo legit and I've kinda stepped my game up so I'm not intimidated by all the pros there anymore haha. I was just really disappointed because I was looking forward to riding the infamous heavenly for the first time in a few years and just ended up getting **** on
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
i think i know the flat part your talking about. Heavenly just seems to be for skiers and not boarders
Old 01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah I'd go to homewood over heavenly any day.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

The truth!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
haha im at homewood right now its not bad kinda ice but cant complain there hardly anyone up hear today and i had clear skys all day
Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
I was at northstar today and going again tomorrow. look out for a blue bugeye!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM

I like to use Heavenly's lifts to get to the backside/firebreak. Otherwise I try to avoid the place.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.