rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
tonight i put i put i club stickers on the rack in hopes for good boarding for i-club folks

i need something to help with areo dynamics for the board rack.

i have seen some folks have a wind shield of some sort that looks liek it deflects air over the board rack, what is this called so i can try to find one
Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
^ I want one of those wind shields too! and if i had a iclub sticker that would also be on my racks too.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:40 AM

hmm maybe i need to go wash my car... i wasnt gonna wash it til march but i am thinking i need to wash it every day from now til turkey day
Old 10-29-2009, 12:54 AM

go wash it!! we should all clean our cars... maybe then it will start raining
Old 10-29-2009, 04:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
tonight i put i put i club stickers on the rack in hopes for good boarding for i-club folks

i need something to help with areo dynamics for the board rack.

i have seen some folks have a wind shield of some sort that looks liek it deflects air over the board rack, what is this called so i can try to find one
What kind of rack do you have. I'd buy one. I have 2 of them for different yakima set ups. One is on my wife's car. Made a HUGE difference.

Not so much in gas mileage or things like that but it reduced that whistle and wind noise in general a TON.

One thing that I noticed that did help mpg is when the snow racks are not in use turn them down. Takes a second and you can do it when you unload your car after a trip. Helps with noise and mpg.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by akdmx
Are there any other competitive collegiate snowboarders here? Boarder cross?
not that i enter contests or anything like that, but i do love me some X-course.

@kirkwood, got lucky last year cuz they were extending the short one they have for a contest the next day. they put up that orange mesh divider so you didn't have to worry about folks at the turn where the course typically ended & merged w/ the groomer. had some fun w/ a couple buddies smashing that a few times.

the one on sierra's backside sucked last year since it was on a flat beginner run. word is they're moving it back to the intermediate (Lobo or Coyote) this season. "interesting" way to start your day by coming off grandview, then dropping right into that w/ your crew.

other spots: bear valley's was OK, but they didn't have one last year. haven't been to boreal in a few but that's the 1st place i ever hit up a course... maybe in '99. DAMN! 10 years ago!!!

anyway, what school do you race for?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
ah boardercross... so much fun.

I have entered a few races over the years. Bear Valley unfortunately never has very good anything... from parks to race courses. The slalom course is alright most years. Little short.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by subi4justin
Wow, what did you blow out in you knee?

surgery sucks! I compound fractured my left clavicle last year taking a chest to the ice. I had surgery a week later and they put a huge pin to connect the bones together. Had the pin in for 7 months and then just got it taken back out a little over a month ago.

Best of luck with your surgery bro, hopefully its a quick recovery.
Damn that doesn't sound very fun! I partially tore my LCL, fully tore my ACL and also did a number on my meniscus. So much for learning rodeos this year!

Thanks for the good wishes guys.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ridetillurdead
Damn that doesn't sound very fun! I partially tore my LCL, fully tore my ACL and also did a number on my meniscus. So much for learning rodeos this year!

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

OOOOUCH! that right there sounds painful. They must have you on some good pain meds otherwise i'd be like

yea i was riding with Scoo'B when i broke my **** and he had to bomb my car back down to the bay. Worst ****in day ever! good luck with the surgery bro
Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
What kind of rack do you have. I'd buy one. I have 2 of them for different yakima set ups. One is on my wife's car. Made a HUGE difference.

Not so much in gas mileage or things like that but it reduced that whistle and wind noise in general a TON.

One thing that I noticed that did help mpg is when the snow racks are not in use turn them down. Takes a second and you can do it when you unload your car after a trip. Helps with noise and mpg.
i have no idea what kind of rack it is. i have never been abe to find it on google anywhere.

it holds either 8 snowboards or 12 pairs of skis or the combo of the 2.

i bought it on craigslist about 3 years ago off a nissan exterra and i got it home and relize it didnt fit my car.

so i did some modification on it bought some might mounts for a totally different ski rack and got it set up. it is a awsome set up though.

its good for when you have 2 car loads for folks. i usually get stuck taking all the boards and bags becuase i have the wagon. but if you can get another car in the gang you can have 8 folks go up with comfort, no worrying where our gonna put all the gear.

whats great about having a wagon is when everyone is jumping around in the parking lot trying to keep there balance, i just leave the heat cranked up and sit in the cargo area of the wagon and get ready.

once i get out to pinole and get a bit closer to some of you id liek to do a big trip. like i said i can hold 8 boards so it works well.

i even designed this special bag to go over the fronts and the backs of the boards so you dont have to worry about rocks flyin up and dinging the boards.

i have to say though when there is 8 on top it sounds liek you are inside of an airplane, but i am ususally so excited and cranked up on redbull that it doesnt matter.

i will take a pic of my rack later (yes mine and not my wifes) and maybe someone can tell me what kind of air deflector would work
Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 AM

Name:  DSCF2897.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  DSCF2896.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  49.4 KB
Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 AM

dude that thing is ****ing huge ryan lol
Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by ridetillurdead
Super huge bummer for me, I blew out my knee 2 weeks ago learning rodeo 7's on a trampoline. Surgery in a week, and I won't be back all winter. I go to school in Colorado, so it sucks even more considering last year I got 79 days, and I had a goal of 100+ this year
"Super huge bummer" is a HUGE understatement! Sounds like you're about addicted as I am. Good luck to you on the surgery & recovery. 'Tis gonna take a lot of willpower to cope w/ not being able to shred being that you're so close to some serious freshies. Btw, were those 79 days last season in CO, too?

- - - - - - -

Ryan's got an ENORMOUS rack.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb

ya its huge but awesome!!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
Nice car seat!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.