Road Biker Douche Nozzles!!! :mad:

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
hahaha i hate biker so much i live on a street that bikers go to all the time cuz its long and steep and windy in the hills...i can never leave my house without gettin stuck behind a group of road hogging asses...the best was when i had my tahoe that was lifted 8 inches on 35 inch tires id jus traill them so close and theyd get all scared one time one even got freaked out and hit the curb after turning around to see my beastly truck tailing them and fell off into this ditch on the side of the road that **** was priceless!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd11c1a4.htm

more specifically:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21202.htm

Cyclists who don't move over for traffic are douche bags (and breaking the law).
I'm with you, I ride off road. Never on the side walk though...well, not since I got a ticket for riding on the side walk.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by splinter
hahaha i hate biker so much i live on a street that bikers go to all the time cuz its long and steep and windy in the hills...i can never leave my house without gettin stuck behind a group of road hogging asses...the best was when i had my tahoe that was lifted 8 inches on 35 inch tires id jus traill them so close and theyd get all scared one time one even got freaked out and hit the curb after turning around to see my beastly truck tailing them and fell off into this ditch on the side of the road that **** was priceless!
haha, thats awesome. Theres actually one biker on my road I don't mind because he always sticks way to the side and lets people pass. He's really old compared to the others too, so before I get pissed off I check to see if its him. I don't mind bikers that let you pas, its the ones that ignore the fact you're behind them.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, when I split the group of three and sat in the middle of them, I laid on my horn the entire time and they didn't even budge

I'm gonna have to print that out

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 09-26-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2012 PBP STi hatch
I ride road bikes somewhat regularly.
That biker in the 1st post is a total douche and deserved what he got.
The vehicle code says bikes must pull right for the cars if they're impeding them.

To anyone who buzzes the cyclists (either by passing as close as possible, or pulling up behind and honking the horn at them) just cuz they're on bikes, is also a douche.
Don't be a ***** to all cyclists just cuz some idiot pissed you off on a previous occasion.

That guy with the post attached to his bike was asking for it. unbelievable!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Pretty crazy.. Maybe the trick is really loud horns? I dunno.

Also don't see what ***-hats on bikes riding up to Hammy has to do with city living... Just someone being a jerk, that's nothing new.

I go up/down hwy 9 a lot and there are always bikes. I always cut them a wide path so as not to freak them out or let anything happen. Most are cool, but some are just plain stupid. I haven't had much road-bike experience, but I have to say - there is no way I would want to compete for public roads with cars, so I don't. I ride my MTB on roads to get to trails sometimes, and I ALWAYS without fail make sure cars have the easy way and know I see them - worst case scenario I am inconvenienced for a few seconds while they go around me and are gone - I'll never understand people that want to keep people behind them and prolong a stupid and potentially dangerous situation. My friend road-rides in SF like a total *** and he has been actually hit 2x, chased and once he actually hit a car while looking back at someone that was following him raving mad. We don't see eye to eye on our cycling beliefs.. Haha.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
haha that bike story is hella funny

me and my friend were going up the road to the observatory during the mt. hamilton meet and everything was good for a little while. Maybe about half the way up or so, some dude on a motorcycle is going really slow and wont pull over. A couple times he takes the corners wide so we think he is going to let us pass, but then he just pulls back in front. He almost got hit once by a car going downhill. he wouldnt move over all the way to the top

heres the *******
Name:  DSC01765.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  59.1 KB
Old 09-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
i ran into that problem on 9 a few weeks back... I was in my ae86 so there was no mobbin past them on the straits... basically had been following them for 9 miles, the straightaways they would pull away, and in the turns i could have walked faster then them...

i managed to pass one of them right before the stop sign, only to have him pass me again and pull up next to his other asshat friend that he was riding with.

i got to the intersection after 35 and just went around them at the stop...

6 turns later they were nowhere to be seen!

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
haha that bike story is hella funny

me and my friend were going up the road to the observatory during the mt. hamilton meet and everything was good for a little while. Maybe about half the way up or so, some dude on a motorcycle is going really slow and wont pull over. A couple times he takes the corners wide so we think he is going to let us pass, but then he just pulls back in front. He almost got hit once by a car going downhill. he wouldnt move over all the way to the top

heres the *******
Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
Bikes deserve wide bearth and also are permitted to use the road -- and on the good mountain roads, there are no shoulders, so they're going to be in your path. That's life.

You've all got good cars - you can handle going around bikes -- even the few dicks out there -- quickly and safely. Yelling and a good loud lean on the horn is appropriate. For those three-abreast riders -- pull out in front then drive really slowly in front of them... but I think buzzing someone or running them off the road goes over the line to assault and reckless endangerment.

I've had runner friends who run on the side of the road and have had cans thrown at them, buzzed, etc. Why? I just can't understand that.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
No doubt, I agree with you in terms of the assault thing. I'd never assault a biker unless they assaulted me first. The worst I'd do is yell a profanity depending on the severity, or I would do like you said and get in front of them and drive like 10mph.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by drtofu

I've had runner friends who run on the side of the road and have had cans thrown at them, buzzed, etc. Why? I just can't understand that.
Because people are classless and moronic.

It's not just to bikers or runners, people are just idiots whith no class or respect at all. I remember once driving on 880S near hayward some morons were throwing BATTERIES out of their windows to see if they would hit cars... One battery almost hit my car, fortunatly it bounced over my hood... I called the cops and reported their lic plate, no idea what happened to them. Described them and everything. The 911 dispatcher was like "Sir, did you just say that there is a car that is throwing batteries out of its windows?". Wish I had a mini-gun (new age gatling gun) with me so I could have made swiss cheese out of them! They could have killed someone!!! Not just regular AAA batteries either! These were like C's or D's! I swear, I don't think I have EVER been that pissed off on the road in my entire life. If I could have made swiss cheese out of them and not been caught, I probably would have done it.

This was like 5 years ago, but still.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 PM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
On the subject of bicyclists....

I too live about 2.8 miles up a super windy road. We have lots of bicyclists. The ones going down are the worst. They go like 15 mph... too slow to follow comfortably, too fast to pass safely. They are also usually not really in control, they pose a threat to uphill traffic... etc etc

Anyhow, I try to pass them safely whenever I can, just because they don't seem to understand that there are people who want to go faster than them

I would never interact with them vocally or physically, either with my body or vehicle. I'll wave if they get out of the way... but that's it. However, if they ever threaten me or my property well... it's up to god haha...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
On downhills, usually cyclists are going over the speed limit. It's very easy to hit 40 downhill on the road on a bike...and most mtn twisties have lower limits. To be honest, I'd doubt if bikes are ever a problem for cars on the downhills, unless the driver is trying to hit the road really hard (in which case, the driver is the f*** nut).
Old 09-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
You should hella go rant at bikeforums.net one of the biggest bike forums on the internet. I'm sure it's just a select few just like how there are those exception of subaru drivers who races to every stop sign and stop light. But I have to say that guy in the first post got what he deserved.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by brucelee
Because people are classless and moronic.

It's not just to bikers or runners, people are just idiots whith no class or respect at all. I remember once driving on 880S near hayward some morons were throwing BATTERIES out of their windows to see if they would hit cars... One battery almost hit my car, fortunatly it bounced over my hood... I called the cops and reported their lic plate, no idea what happened to them. Described them and everything. The 911 dispatcher was like "Sir, did you just say that there is a car that is throwing batteries out of its windows?". Wish I had a mini-gun (new age gatling gun) with me so I could have made swiss cheese out of them! They could have killed someone!!! Not just regular AAA batteries either! These were like C's or D's! I swear, I don't think I have EVER been that pissed off on the road in my entire life. If I could have made swiss cheese out of them and not been caught, I probably would have done it.

This was like 5 years ago, but still.

Or the douche that hucked a CD at your windshield on the way to Hammy last year? People just bewilder me sometimes; I don't understand how some of these people walk and breathe at the same time.

Seconding the notion that not all bikers are *******s..........unfortunately, the bad ones are the ones people remember.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM

its always good to have a passenger with you when stuff like that happens.

they can always give a good push.

Quick Reply: Road Biker Douche Nozzles!!! :mad: