RIP Nelson Mandela

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 03:10 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
I'll stir the pot.

There was this other group that charged violent rebellious movements against a tyrannous oppressive government in the name of freedom and equality. Some d-bags named Washington, Adams and Jefferson. Yeah, **** those guys.
The Continental Army still fought on the 'gentleman's rules' of warfare which is the exact opposite of what Mandela did. The Revolutionary War was also fought mostly by whites against whites. Indians and blacks played a limited role. Mandela was very racist towards whites and even though apartheid was racially based his ideology was based on being anti-white (and communist).

Not all revolutions are equal just for the sake of being a revolution.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Lurk
The Continental Army still fought on the 'gentleman's rules' of warfare which is the exact opposite of what Mandela did. The Revolutionary War was also fought mostly by whites against whites. Indians and blacks played a limited role. Mandela was very racist towards whites and even though apartheid was racially based his ideology was based on being anti-white (and communist).

Anti-colonial, not anti-white. Close enough though, right? Read up on "Rainbow Nation" and revisit your proclamation that he was "anti-white". Spoilers, it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Having personally been the target of discrimination because of race, I call him a hero. Call him what you want, but at least get your facts straight.

Last edited by Rev. Rob Large; 12-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I just find it amazing that Paul Walker's death is generating a lot more buzz here on i-Club than Nelson Mandela's.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Originally Posted by Brfatal
That order terrorist bombings?
Meh no leader is perfect.

Not to mention, he was a ****ing communist.

I'm just going to leave this here... 3 Things You Didn
First off...he wasn't perfect and yeah in his life I'm sure did some terrible things, but that doesn't mean those should out weigh the good he did.

Secondly don't come into a thread where people are trying to show some respect to a person they admire and **** on it. Seriously i hope someone comes to your funeral and talks about how big of an ***hole you were in front of your loved ones.

Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
Anti-colonial, not anti-white. Close enough though, right? Read up on "Rainbow Nation" and revisit your proclamation that he was "anti-white". Spoilers, it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Having personally been the target of discrimination because of race, I call him a hero. Call him what you want, but at least get your facts straight.
This. +1
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzypanda187
Meh no leader is perfect.

First off...he wasn't perfect and yeah in his life I'm sure did some terrible things, but that doesn't mean those should out weigh the good he did.

Secondly don't come into a thread where people are trying to show some respect to a person they admire and **** on it. Seriously i hope someone comes to your funeral and talks about how big of an ***hole you were in front of your loved ones.
You mad bro?

Alright, I'll pay my respects to your loved one.

Feel better now?
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM

You mad bro?

Alright, I'll pay my respects to your loved one.

Feel better now?
Yes.
close enough.
Morgan freeman always makes me feel better.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzypanda187
Yes.
close enough.
Morgan freeman always makes me feel better.
Awesome.

BTW, I never knew you felt so passionately about Mandela. Especially when you've never posted a single thing about him or the situation in South Africa until just now.

You were probably also furious about KONY back in 2012 along with everyone else on FB weren't you?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Awesome.

BTW, I never knew you felt so passionately about Mandela. Especially when you've never posted a single thing about him or the situation in South Africa until just now.

You were probably also furious about KONY back in 2012 along with everyone else on FB weren't you?
I apologize for not posting about my political views on a car forum. Please though continue with the trolls.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex

Awesome.

Please stop trolling this thread. Kthanksbye
Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by subysteez
Please stop trolling this thread. Kthanksbye
Sorry that you can't seem to differentiate between someone bringing up valid yet opposing views and trolling.

A little bit of trivia related to the topic:

In his book, ”Long Walk to Freedom”, Peace Laurette, Mandela writes that as a leading member of the ANC’s executive committee, he had “personally signed off” in approving these acts of terrorism :
1981 – 2 car bombs at Durban showrooms
1983 – Church Street Bomb (killed 19, wounded 217)
1984 – Durban car bomb (killed 5, wounded 27)
1985-1987 – At least 150 landmines on farm roads (killed 125)
1985 – Amanzimtoti Sanlam shopping centre bomb Dec 23 (killed 2 white women and 3 white children)
1986 – Magoo’s Bar bomb (killed 3, wounded 69)
1986 – Newcastle Court bomb (wounded 24)
1987 – Johannesburg Court bomb (killed 3, wounded 10)
1987 – Wits command centre car bomb (killed 1, wounded 68)
1988 – Johannesburg video arcade (killed 1 unborn baby, wounded 10)
1988 – Roodepoort bank bomb (killed 4, wounded 18)
1988 – Pretoria Police housing unit, 2 bombs (wounded 3)
1988 – Magistrate’s Court bomb (killed 3)
1988 – Benoni Wimpy Bar bomb (killed 1, wounded 56)
1988 – Witbank shopping centre bomb (killed 2, wounded 42)
1988 – Ellis Park Rugby Stadium car bomb (killed 2, wounded 37)
Late 1980s – numerous Wimpy Restaurant bombs (killed many, wounded many)

Your “hero” consistently refused to renounce violence even after he was released.

Through his silence he gave tacit approval to the slaughtering of close on 4,000 white farmers in South Africa between 1994 and present. Silence is consent. Mandela, the Ruling ANC government and their brothers in arms, the Communist Party are responsible for these senseless murders. They condone it, because it fits their ultimate agenda.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:19 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Sorry that you can't seem to differentiate between someone bringing up valid yet opposing views and trolling.

In his book, ”Long Walk to Freedom”, Peace Laurette, Mandela writes that as a leading member of the ANC’s executive committee, he had “personally signed off” in approving these acts of terrorism :
1985 – Amanzimtoti Sanlam shopping centre bomb Dec 23 (killed 2 white women and 3 white children)

Your “hero” consistently refused to renounce violence even after he was released.

Through his silence he gave tacit approval to the slaughtering of close on 4,000 white farmers in South Africa between 1994 and present. Silence is consent. Mandela, the Ruling ANC government and their brothers in arms, the Communist Party are responsible for these senseless murders. They condone it, because it fits their ultimate agenda.
this.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex

Giving your opinion is perfectly acceptable. However, as fuzzypanda stated, you wouldn't go to a place of mourning to disparage the recently deceased. I wouldn't go to the Paul walker memorial and share my my valid opinion that the FF movies blew.
If you want to discuss the moral implications of fighting violent oppression with more violence then Let's take it to teh politics forum.

Also, not to trivialize those statistics, but that list pales in comparison to damage done in the middle east.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Can't condone terrorism, but our own country was founded on terrorist acts of defiance.

Bombings are bad ways to kill people. Too often it leads to dead people not intended to be killed.

But I'm not antiviolence. Sometimes some dudes just need a bullet in their head to make **** happen.

Unfortunately many who tasked with assassinations try to do it with bombs. For me, you want bad guy to be dead, find a way to shoot him.

Bombings are just terrible
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 PM

Haha

Quick Reply: RIP Nelson Mandela