RateMyCop.com

Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by AzN121184
hey gagan how did u access that? i thought the site was down
refresh until it works. just have to keep at it.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
That ish is pretty messed up. This website is totally one sided. As if being a cop wasn't a hard enough job as it is.

If you've got a beef with a cop you should bring it up with the local department instead of leaving anonymous internet whining.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
That ish is pretty messed up. This website is totally one sided. As if being a cop wasn't a hard enough job as it is.

If you've got a beef with a cop you should bring it up with the local department instead of leaving anonymous internet whining.
What about Rosette?

The FPD has been sued several times, he's STILL on the payroll... I guess it pays to have him there with the amount of tickets he writes, must bring in some heavy duty fees.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
What about Rosette?

The FPD has been sued several times, he's STILL on the payroll... I guess it pays to have him there with the amount of tickets he writes, must bring in some heavy duty fees.
Internet crying won't change anything more than actual formal complaints will.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Old School

Internet crying won't change anything more than actual formal complaints will.
Right, but it doesn't hurt either. If you are stand up cop, no one it going to bother posting about you on that site.

-Gagan
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i got pulled over for 50 in a 35 (El Camino)
rolling a stop, and entering a 3 lane to the mid lane, and not the inside lane against the curb like you are supposed to.

I was trying to catch up to the sexiest FD ive ever seen. It was 2am

The Cop let me go with a Mod Exhaust Warning.

The problem is I wouldnt tell ratemycop.com about the cop letting me go, because he did me a favor, and i dont want his supervisor reading a positive post in a situation like this on ratemycop.com because the supervisor would then give the cop crap for letting someone go so easy and that would lead to less lenient cops.

Cops with hearts do (once in a while) positive things for us responsible "racers" that ricers would overshadow with negative complaints. there really is no good way, for the cop or us as drivers to positively rate an officer.

If we want to keep getting away with warnings, we need to be quiet about them, because it is their duty to enforce all laws if im not mistaken

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 03-11-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr

The problem is I wouldnt tell ratemycop.com about the cop letting me go, because he did me a favor, and i dont want his supervisor reading a positive post in a situation like this on ratemycop.com because the supervisor would then give the cop crap for letting someone go so easy and that would lead to less lenient cops.

Cops with hearts do (once in a while) positive things for us responsible "racers" that ricers would overshadow with negative complaints. there really is no good way, for the cop or us as drivers to positively rate an officer.

If we want to keep getting away with warnings, we need to be quiet about them, because it is their duty to enforce all laws if im not mistaken
I definitely see your point with possibly less warnings, but that in no way means that they have to be douches and pull us over for no reason. I have no problem getting pulled over for doing 85 in a 65 or something because, hey, I messed up. Thats my bad, Not the cops. I do have an issue when they pull a u-turn wait 5 minutes in traffic to catch up to you and pull you over for 'no front plate'. Thats what I find annoying.

I actually got let off with a warning last night, which I am very grateful for. But I have also been pulled over quite a few times for complete BS.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
yeah they do pull over people for useless crap to justify their job...but when someone robs your house, which in a normal neighborhood may only happen once a month, its good to know there are 3 cops in a mile radius instead of 1 cop to catch the criminal at 3am.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM

It's a way for the little guy to get a little bit of "revenge"... Filing a formal complaint takes a lot of effort and even then you cant speak your mind to the full extent like you can on some website...

Some cops are real asses and they really deserve to be bashed everywhere and anywhere, that includes formal and non-formal complaints!

It is however unfair to the cops that are cool and just doing their job,,, Sucks that peole can't see that and blame the cop for their mistake... basically they are mad that they got caught and that the cop was there to issue them a ticket (etc, whatever).

(Pardon my spelling and grammar, typing from a moile device)
Old 03-11-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by deemon113
I definitely see your point with possibly less warnings, but that in no way means that they have to be douches and pull us over for no reason. I have no problem getting pulled over for doing 85 in a 65 or something because, hey, I messed up. Thats my bad, Not the cops. I do have an issue when they pull a u-turn wait 5 minutes in traffic to catch up to you and pull you over for 'no front plate'. Thats what I find annoying.

I actually got let off with a warning last night, which I am very grateful for. But I have also been pulled over quite a few times for complete BS.
I've driven I don't know how many different cars over the last 8 years and I can count on one hand how many times I've been pulled over. I've got 1 ticket out of the thousand stupid/illegal things I've done on the streets. I consider that a pretty damn good ratio.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
i guess the site is being shut down i just heard about it on the news
Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
lame
Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
why is it being shut down? because it keeps track of all the bull**** cops pull? Are they shutting down ratemyprofessor.com too?

I can't think of a reason RateMyCop would be shut down that couldn't be applied to RateMyProfessor too
Old 03-12-2008, 01:25 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
From what I read, it's not being shut down, but the neo-con / libratarian jerko-owned domain registrar they used (Go Daddy) messed with their settings, claiming that they were causing trouble. The site owners have arranged to get their site back up by changing registrars, but that's probably going to take a few days at least.

If you knew the IP address, you could access it.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 2.5RS STI swapped
What? Like filing a complaint with the department does anything? When a civilian walks into the PD and asks for a complaint form 9 out of 10 receptionists say there is no such form. It was documented on on 20/20 or some such.

Yes, The job is hard. No you do not get to act like a jackass because of that.

cheers

poorman

Search this Thread