Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by rvenosa
Psycho SUV driver experience...
One of those RARE experiences eh
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by ptownBob
someone on another thread said that after he was cutoff in traffic, he was going to look into Subaru's 50 caliber machine gun option :-0
I remember even saying that last year when i got into a bad accident. It was a joke but i got hit hard off the road.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Throwing stuff out of your window was not very smart, that's a good way to make a bad situation get a lot worse a lot quicker.

Just slow down and let jerks pass, then blow them a kiss as they drive by..that way your laughing at them.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:29 PM

Wait a minute, I just read the whole post and Im calling BS...I find this hard to believe (although very entertaining as I hate dealing with SUV's on the road.)

If someone threw a water bottle at me AND spit in my face there would be hell to pay, either from me or the police. You wouldnt go unpunished.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 PM

yeah i read the whole post last night and the spitting thing is just the lowest you can go i swear. Someone driving like an *** let them go and leave it be nothing ever comes out good when you both have anger issues.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 PM

I must confess, one of my hobbies during freeway traffic is to actively block retards trying to pass me in the fast lane (when im doing 70-80) and there are literaly thousands of cars ahead of me. Its funny because some truck or suv will try go to the middle lane to pass me and I just barely gas it so it makes it impossible I mean unless you have a Corvette or other 300whp car, you aint passing me. Its especially funny when they end up 3 or more cars back due to thier impatience

Dont get me wrong, I do not hold up the fast lane, I only do this if there are thousands of cars bumper to bumper. If there is no traffic I always let speeders pass.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I generally call 911 with a liscense plate number when that happens to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
I generally call 911 with a liscense plate number when that happens to me.
Was that directed towards me or the water bottle thrower?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Wait a minute, I just read the whole post and Im calling BS...I find this hard to believe (although very entertaining as I hate dealing with SUV's on the road.)

If someone threw a water bottle at me AND spit in my face there would be hell to pay, either from me or the police. You wouldnt go unpunished.
Yeah, people being jerks and not giving people the benefit of the doubt happens every day, but throwing stuff?? If I got the license plate of the car, so would CHP. That is straight up BS. There is no excuse for that crap at all no matter how prissy someone is about other people inconveniencing them.

My method of dealing with it is to get the "problem" behind me as fast as possible - by that I mean, get away from the offender somehow - if there is no way, ignore them until there is or until they do something stupid/dangerous. Most of these situations in my experience usually handle themselves - someone who is out of control enough (and that is all it is) to go out of their way to either harm or scare you will usually trip up at some point enough to do something that is entertaining. The worst and scariest hand gesture I have given someone on the road is a thumb's down.

Note: Taking people's picture usually REALLY sets them off. I have a cam in my car at all times.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
Originally Posted by omygata
Yeah, just stay back and avoid conflict. If you guys start going at it and driving aggressive, there's a chance one of you could be involved in a crash that may also cause other accidents. Then you will be partially responsible...
im' with him on this
Old 03-13-2008, 06:15 PM

You're only human...moments like that do happen once in a while. It's really not worth it these days...some are packing weapons you know.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
yeah, next time, just call 911....tell'm you're dealing with a road rage situation with a pissed off guy, and "I think he may have a weapon".

Then just drive normal and watch how fast 5-6 cruisers pull up on him.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Yeah, people being jerks and not giving people the benefit of the doubt happens every day, but throwing stuff?? If I got the license plate of the car, so would CHP. That is straight up BS. There is no excuse for that crap at all no matter how prissy someone is about other people inconveniencing them.

My method of dealing with it is to get the "problem" behind me as fast as possible - by that I mean, get away from the offender somehow - if there is no way, ignore them until there is or until they do something stupid/dangerous. Most of these situations in my experience usually handle themselves - someone who is out of control enough (and that is all it is) to go out of their way to either harm or scare you will usually trip up at some point enough to do something that is entertaining. The worst and scariest hand gesture I have given someone on the road is a thumb's down.

Note: Taking people's picture usually REALLY sets them off. I have a cam in my car at all times.
last time i had issues on the road all i had to do was pick up the phone and they dont know who i am calling it could be the cops lol they drove off haha. But so true the camera thing does work well at times
Old 03-14-2008, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by UP2MTNS
yeah, next time, just call 911....tell'm you're dealing with a road rage situation with a pissed off guy, and "I think he may have a weapon".

Then just drive normal and watch how fast 5-6 cruisers pull up on him.
Over the last 10 years, I've dialed 911 twice in road rage situations. On the first occasion, I was on hold for about 10 minutes before being connected to an operator/dispatcher. On the second occasion, where I saw the driver of a Honda Accord brandishing a hand gun, I called and was put on hold for 15 minutes before being disconnected. Ironically, on that drive from San Jose to San Mateo I saw three CHiP's shooting radar...

Moral of the story: don't rely on 911 or the cops to do jack ish about a road rage situation you may find yourself in or observe happening around you.