PSA Check your spare tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
dont knock the prius, dem ****z are fast y0. One stayed even with me 108 until his speed limited pwnt his battery pack
Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by ucbsti
good luck with free-roadside in the bum**** middle of no where

I will never remove my spare to "save weight" on the street

used it before, it works..... If I go on long trips I take it. You guys are taking this WAY to seriously. I like to live dangerously, doesn't mean I am smart. You can feel better someday if I get straded because of it, ok?
Old 09-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Jakes02
Why would we need to save weight on our daily drives if none of us are street racing?
better gas mileage?

lol...:P
Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I cant stand people that call roadside to change their spare. If peole woul stop doing that, it you wouln't have to wait 60+ minutes for a truck and they could go to a call thats a better use of their time.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by MBasile
I cant stand people that call roadside to change their spare. If peole woul stop doing that, it you wouln't have to wait 60+ minutes for a truck and they could go to a call thats a better use of their time.

need a tissue?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Smile

You can't really speak for eveyone on that topic. Im sure there are plenty who still do it and think that saving 25lbs really means anything
I was being sarcastic considering most people on here do not condone street racing but I'm sure that there are quite a few that do it anyway. Off the top of my head the JDM swapped WRX vs. twin turbo mustang.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
need a tissue?
Not really. A real man changes his own tire. Id seriously feel gay if I had to call roadside assistance to change my flat tire
Old 09-19-2006, 09:59 AM

Not really. A real man changes his own tire. Id seriously feel gay if I had to call roadside assistance to change my flat tire
Wow, so not changing your own tire makes you feel less masculine? That's friggin awesome. Thanks for informing what real men do. I wish I was man enough to change my own tires, but I don't have the proper mounting tools. lmao....
Old 09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
Wow, so not changing your own tire makes you feel less masculine? That's friggin awesome. Thanks for informing what real men do. I wish I was man enough to change my own tires, but I don't have the proper mounting tools. lmao....
Yeah, actually it does. That and reeeally lazy. I think MBasile is right, it's pretty ghey for a guy not to change out his own tire.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
Yeah, actually it does. That and reeeally lazy. I think MBasile is right, it's pretty ghey for a guy not to change out his own tire.

Who said I never change my own tires? You guys are jumping to a lot of conclusions and I think this is pretty hillarious. I have never used my roadside assistance in 28,700+ miles. I only have what 8k - left? I HIGHLY doubt I will ever have to use it but if I forget to put my spare back in, and go on a trip and get a flat you can bet your *** I am calling roadside and not feeling feminie, lazy, or embarrased for doing so. Stop acting like little kids and taking it so seriously.

For you info since you guys seem to CARE so much, I change my own oil/filter, dif fluids, brake fluid, rotate my own tires, and do all other maintenance to my car. The ONLY other peopel that have touched my car with a wrench is GRUPPE-S and there is no shame in my game. Get over yourselfs, you don't anything about me, I already said I was joking and you guys need to stop taking me so seriously. I still think it is funny someone said you need to change your own tires to be a "real man". LMAO
Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

I'm sorry you're taking it so personally and so seriously. My statement was not aimed at you. I just gave my opinion that it's pretty ghey when guys (in general) do not (or cannot) change their own tire when it goes flat. It was not aimed at any one person in particular. Now if you want to jump to conclusions, go right ahead. But please don't overread my statement and say I'm the one taking it too seriously.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:52 AM

I'm sorry you're taking it so personally and so seriously. My statement was not aimed at you. I just gave my opinion that it's pretty ghey when guys (in general) do not (or cannot) change their own tire when it goes flat. It was not aimed at any one person in particular. Now if you want to jump to conclusions, go right ahead. But please don't overread my statement and say I'm the one taking it too seriously.

Yeah I am totally taking it seriously. You got me pegged. I was so upset about it I asked my co-worker to hold me for a minute. And for the record I said people were taking this too serioulsy as I was half kidding with my inital statement. Futhermore you can't back someones statement that is aimed @ "people like me" who would use RSA to change my tire and then backpedal to say you weren't directing it at me. Nice try though. Also he did not call men ghey who don't change their tires, he merly said it bugged him as it delayed disbatching tow trucks to "real" problems. Like when you mod you car and something breaks and you call RSA to pick up your illegally modded car
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Lol okay then. Have a nice day anyways!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:06 AM

roger that!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Yup, I feel the same

If you want to call roadside for a flat, then by all means do so. Make sure to turn your pinky up when you are sipping on your frap on the side of the road as well

For me its mostly a time thing. Id rather change it on my own in 10 minutes and be on my way, than wait up to 2hrs or so for some grease monkey to do it for me.

Quick Reply: PSA Check your spare tire pressure