As Promised....My Trip to ENVY EXPO+LA Recap WITH PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 07:22 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
nice bit of social commentary a few of you are offering up, but there's really nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking being said here. I gather that most people here are sharp enough to know what's what, and, again, already have their priorities & lives in check.

Having said that, there's really no use lamenting about bling & other glorious displays of excess contributing to the degradation of society. Most people have always spent more than they could afford...ever since guys were trading rocks & shells for bear skins & etc.

Whatever little or more people have, they invariably want more. Consequently, the majority of society's outgo will always exceed their means. that's just the way it is, especially here in CA, where many are getting downsized & axed out of their jobs while concurrently getting priced out of their neighborhoods & areas. It's sad, but that's life. Deal with it or run or move away. Rich or poor, leverage is king and can be your friend if you know how to use it.

What's more, you can bury your dough in the back yard or even hide it away in the bank or lock them up in investments where they'll be "safe." But what good is it all of that when you're 6ft under or even when you're stuck in the rocking chair?? People need to start living instead of running scared or suffering from analysis-paralysis & living in fear w/the "Oh no, what if such & such happens...." mentality. That is not to say I'm advising people to hog hog wild & blow their wads on $100,000 cars when they live in the cuts or have trouble feeding their families. But, long as you make sure your own are taken care of for the interim and forseeable future, there's no reason to deny yourself or live like a pauper. Life's too short for that.

again, different strokes for different folks, but I've been around all types of people of various rungs on the totem pole. Rich or unrich, people have debts & problems at every level. People say, "Mo money, mo problems," which actually is true in lot of cases. I won't get into specifics, but even stupid rich people have rough times & sometimes even more than "regular" ones.

Ultimately, everyone has to stop worrying about what the other man is doing or not doing & take care of your own biz first & foremost. You do you & leave the rest to others. If you really don't like what you see out there & are THAT concerned for others' well-beings, stop crying & whining about it and do something to help.........that's if any of you really care and aren't just blowing hot air or trying to show off your knowledge of Econ 101.

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 07-17-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:14 PM

Car Info: Black Car
Hm. Noone makes any comments like these on a thread about an Import Car Show. Whats the difference between that and one w/ "Exotics" and "Rich People" Cars. Rich people have hobbies too.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
nice bit of social commentary a few of you are offering up, but there's really nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking being said here. I gather that most people here are sharp enough to know what's what, and, again, already have their priorities & lives in check.

Having said that, there's really no use lamenting about bling & other glorious displays of excess contributing to the degradation of society. Most people have always spent more than they could afford...ever since guys were trading rocks & shells for bear skins & etc.

Whatever little or more people have, they invariably want more. Consequently, the majority of society's outgo will always exceed their means. that's just the way it is, especially here in CA, where many are getting downsized & axed out of their jobs while concurrently getting priced out of their neighborhoods & areas. It's sad, but that's life. Deal with it or run or move away. Rich or poor, leverage is king and can be your friend if you know how to use it.

What's more, you can bury your dough in the back yard or even hide it away in the bank or lock them up in investments where they'll be "safe." But what good is it all of that when you're 6ft under or even when you're stuck in the rocking chair?? People need to start living instead of running scared or suffering from analysis-paralysis & living in fear w/the "Oh no, what if such & such happens...." mentality. That is not to say I'm advising people to hog hog wild & blow their wads on $100,000 cars when they live in the cuts or have trouble feeding their families. But, long as you make sure your own are taken care of for the interim and forseeable future, there's no reason to deny yourself or live like a pauper. Life's too short for that.

again, different strokes for different folks, but I've been around all types of people of various rungs on the totem pole. Rich or unrich, people have debts & problems at every level. People say, "Mo money, mo problems," which actually is true in lot of cases. I won't get into specifics, but even stupid rich people have rough times & sometimes even more than "regular" ones.

Ultimately, everyone has to stop worrying about what the other man is doing or not doing & take care of your own biz first & foremost. You do you & leave the rest to others. If you really don't like what you see out there & are THAT concerned for others' well-beings, stop crying & whining about it and do something to help.........that's if any of you really care and aren't just blowing hot air or trying to show off your knowledge of Econ 101.
Finally, English. m4d pr0pz y0!?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by mcdrama
I agree with dr3 on this one, no dis to you CL. But I don't understand the bling thing, never have.

Then again, dr3 and I are white boys. :x

***** i aint white!!!

im gheddo foo shiat

Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

lol.....white boyz be flo$$in the mad tiziite whips & shiny hardware too, ya know!

DJ SKEE aka the ringleader of the whole Envy Expo franchise is one of yer pale face brothas.

seriously, dude is not just at the top of the West Coast mixtape & street music scene, but he's one shrewd businessman too. He's only 22 and owns his own PR company, HYPE PR, which is responsible for introducing products from high profile corps to the de$irable 18-35 demographic. They've promoted for Chrysler (Dodge Magnum), T-Mobile (Sidekick), and a bunch of others. Kid is real hard working and has a ton of ambition.

You can check out his droptop 640i on the previous page.....sorry, didn't get many other pics. There were too many people crowding around it all show long. I'll throw up some pics of Skee later. He was wearing a ton of shiny stuff and was a walking carat patch. lol

post more pictures..

seriously.. just dont get but hurt when people laugh and are all like WTF YO!

just my two cents i love that **** cause its just damn funny..

Like that ghetto as mother****er from oakland rollin his candy purple impala with spinnaz on the freeway... Whats that you ask? why is that so funny? CAUSE MOTHER****ER HAD A SPINNER ON HIS STEERING WHEEL!!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
You know, it's funny. When I go to visit my parents in the Carlsbad/La Jolla area of SD where the MEAN home is worth over $1.5mil and the MEAN household income is hovering near $150K+ most people are driving around Hondas, Chevys, Fords, etc. Sure there are the Ferraris and whatnot, but not as many as you'd think. They usually only come out on Sundays. However, where I live in Antioch, where the average home is less than half that, and likewise with the annual income, you see blinged out Range Rovers, Benzes, Bimmers, and even Bentleys and Turbo Porsches on a daily basis. The dumb asses think they are rich, but that couldn't be further from the truth. No, these people have re-financed the hell out of their average home that was already on interest only payments to buy these depreciating toys. It's called ghetto rich, where you live on credit, and all your money (actually the bank's/credit card company's money) is tied up in finite material objects with no chance of appreciating in value. 'bling shows' like this only add to this phenomenon which does have a negative effect on the economy.

-Chris

**** im ghetto rich *****.. no joke.. haha
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by y0gfx
Hm. Noone makes any comments like these on a thread about an Import Car Show. Whats the difference between that and one w/ "Exotics" and "Rich People" Cars. Rich people have hobbies too.
ditto on the former, and even though you weren't looking for a response to the latter, there's no difference.

everyone has hobbies & toys. they just get bigger and more outrageous when you climb up the tax brackets. "Big toy$ for big boy$...." There's no difference between hooking up & lossing STi's w/Chargespeed kits, ARC front mounts, & VOLKS or S550's w/22's & the full BRABUS workover. Both are all about telling people to "LOOK AT ME!" The other guys just pay a lot more & usually have someone else do all the work

Originally Posted by dr3d1zz13
post more pictures..

seriously.. just dont get but hurt when people laugh and are all like WTF YO!

just my two cents i love that **** cause its just damn funny..
LOL.....you really don't know me at all do you. it takes a lot more than just a few yahoos to fade me......a boatload of pics on the way...gotta unwind and take care of some real life biz first. i'll drop the next set before the night's out.

and, thx, to Magish for the mad PrOpErZ, yo. I know y'all are surprised, but I'm actually very edjamacated, fo realz.

btw, before you ICEY HOT STUNNA white boyz keep going on about it, the term is "HOOD RICH" not "ghetto rich." Step yer ebonics gamez up, yo!

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 07-17-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Hood rich, ghetto rich, you knew what I meant.
Let's make a deal... Stop using the dollar sign as an S, and we'll stop giving you a hard time.
-Chris

Last edited by bassplayrr; 07-17-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

ditto on the former, and even though you weren't looking for a response to the latter, there's no difference.

everyone has hobbies & toys. they just get bigger and more outrageous when you climb up the tax brackets. "Big toy$ for big boy$...." There's no difference between hooking up & lossing STi's w/Chargespeed kits, ARC front mounts, & VOLKS or S550's w/22's & the full BRABUS workover. Both are all about telling people to "LOOK AT ME!" The other guys just pay a lot more & usually have someone else do all the work

LOL.....you really don't know me at all do you. it takes a lot more than just a few yahoos to fade me......a boatload of pics on the way...gotta unwind and take care of some real life biz first. i'll drop the next set before the night's out.

and, thx, to Magish for the mad PrOpErZ, yo. I know y'all are surprised, but I'm actually very edjamacated, fo realz.

btw, before you ICEY HOT STUNNA white boyz keep going on about it, the term is "HOOD RICH" not "ghetto rich." Step yer ebonics gamez up, yo!

**** hoodrich

that is played out

im still clingin to ghetto fab
Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
the other night on the news i saw a segment about a basketball player extending for 3 years and getting $90 million. $30 million a year, I DON"T MAKE $30,000 a year and i'm in the military,WTF.
we need to stop paying these guys that much money. thats $57 a second, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year for 3 years. that is stupid. someone rich like bill gates i can't complain about. he actually does something useful and he has impacted the world.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:47 PM

Car Info: Black Car
Originally Posted by Jakes02
the other night on the news i saw a segment about a basketball player extending for 3 years and getting $90 million. $30 million a year, I DON"T MAKE $30,000 a year and i'm in the military,WTF.
we need to stop paying these guys that much money. thats $57 a second, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year for 3 years. that is stupid. someone rich like bill gates i can't complain about. he actually does something useful and he has impacted the world.
Oh but athletes do so much. They give many males hope. Time to get away from their wives and to ignore them. An excuse to get out of the house to go to the bar and hang out with the guys. That is valuable. Athletes work hard to get criticized and ridiculed. If it weren't for athletes and sports, the american life would be completely different.

If they would make a reality show about people in the military with commentary regarding their stats and what not, strategies, play by plays, etc...I bet they would make a **** ton of money too.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Oh but athletes do so much. They give many males hope. Time to get away from their wives and to ignore them. An excuse to get out of the house to go to the bar and hang out with the guys. That is valuable. Athletes work hard to get criticized and ridiculed. If it weren't for athletes and sports, the american life would be completely different.

If they would make a reality show about people in the military with commentary regarding their stats and what not, strategies, play by plays, etc...I bet they would make a **** ton of money too.

they don't deserve $30 MILLION A YEAR THOUGH!!!! i'm sure you could find people that are good enough to play professionally that would be more than happy to play for $200,000 AND not complain cuz they aren't paid enough.

KEYWORD: PLAY!!!! they play a game!!!! that is not work. i don't care how much they train or what they have to do for those games. they get to workout for free at a state of the art facility and they play a game. i wish i could play baseball and never have to work again

Last edited by Jakes02; 07-17-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:32 PM

yes, athletes & entertainers are grossly overpaid in the grand scheme of things, especially compared to more deserving members of society like teachers, miltary personnel, & even doctors+medical practicioners.

HOWEVER, w/regards to athletes & entertainers, when you consider how much MORE sports team owners & music+industry execs are making by pimping off said athletes & entertainers, those performers are also not getting their just do. The takes the suits & big-wigs make off their puppets makes even $30 million/year salaries seem like couch change. Do you think they they'd even offer guys those kinda checks if they weren't stacking even more chips themselves?? Of course they wouldn't. Yes, it's a lot of $$$ to most of us regular joes, but in those lines of work, that's par for the course (at least for the top dogs). Plus, as yogfx mentioned, there are countless people out there clamoring to be entertained, so the demand & "need" are there & justify the mean$ (whether we like it or not).

I don't want to keep this thread off on a tangent, as it is meant as just a lighthearted DIVERSION from reality, but what many of you fail to recognize is this that we live in the US, and, regardless of our locales, what's going on out there is all about economics. It's just capitalism and supply+demand at its finest.

People are out there working the system and doing their thing$ (yes, that's another dollar sign "S", bassplayer) ..........but you can not fault them for doing so. It's no different than any of the many vendors on here pushing their wares. Business is business. No one is stopping any of you from going out there and getting yours either.

As I mentioned before (and this will be the very last time), don't get overly enthralled w/what other people are doing or not doing. If you let your feelings get hurt over another guy's action, that does nothing to improve your own position. In fact, it usually just knocks you back a couple steps because you're too heated over the OTHER guy's circumstances to take care of your own. You can either go out there and make your own moves, or you can just sit there whining and crying about how unlevel the playing field is & how others are doing you wrong; when in actuality, you are the ones sticking it to yourselves.

As a wise man once said, "Losers whine about doing their 'best'. Winners go home and #%ck the prom queen!" You want a piece of the pie?? Go out and get it! (yes, pun intended)

No more talk from me........back to the pics shortly.

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 07-18-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Tell me what you know about the roman empire...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

As I mentioned before (and this will be the very last time), don't get overly enthralled w/what other people are doing or not doing. If you let your feelings get hurt over another guy's action, that does nothing to improve your own position. In fact, it usually just knocks you back a couple steps because you're too heated over the OTHER guy's circumstances to take care of your own. You can either go out there and make your own moves, or you can just sit there whining and crying about how unlevel the playing field is & how others are doing you wrong; when in actuality, you are the ones sticking it to yourselves.

As a wise man once said, "Losers whine about doing their 'best'. Winners go home and #%ck the prom queen!" You want a piece of the pie?? Go out and get it! (yes, pun intended)

I am getting my peice of pie

and myentire comment and views surround the FALSIFICATION OF WEALTH..
I cant knock a Jayz, master P, etc those guys are buisness men pure and simple. To the scale of which i respect.

Random internet dj's who front momies and daddys money to start a buisness or two in hopes of being a billionare i will commend. But people who go out and walk the walk, talk the the talk but they cant back it up are what i dont like. AKA POSERS

And there are way more posers in that life style then anything else.

THAT IS WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT IT

Anyways post more pictures..

(for instance that was not a 200k atv, that was about 10k in body work and another 10-20k in parts and paint, just cause dude claimed it as 200k off on his taxes doesnt mean it cost that much)

Quick Reply: As Promised....My Trip to ENVY EXPO+LA Recap WITH PICS!!