Pictures of the Drug War In Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Agreed.
The more we talk about social change and politics the more I am convinced you and I should just gather a small group of like minded people and start either our own country or colonize a planet.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
wow.. some of those pics were really hard to see.

Sad that people can do that to other people over money/drugs
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Actually the Mexican Constitution does have a right for citizens to own firearms clause, you just aren't allowed to use the guns that the army and law enforcement have, and of course they worded it so that Federal Law can impose further restrictions;

The Constitution of 1917, as amended, states:

Article 10: The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have a right to arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with the exception of arms prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard. Federal law will determine the cases, conditions, requirements, and places in which the carrying of arms will be authorized to the inhabitants.

But to blame the rampant violence on gun control is really a bit of a stretch...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
"All the weapons the drug syndicates are using in Mexico come across the border from the United States," Arturo Sarukhan, Mexico's ambassador to the United States, said during a visit to the Houston Chronicle.

Indeed, Mexican officials estimate 90 percent of nearly 27,000 weapons seized from stash houses or recovered from crime scenes in the past two years originated in the United States.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
wow thats intense
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Those pictures are really terrible... but important to see.

Mexican citizens may purchase arms for self-protection or hunting only after receiving approval of a petition to the Defense Ministry, which performs extensive background checks. The allowed weapons are restricted to relatively low-caliber and must be purchased from the Defense Ministry only.
being allowed to have a weapon for home defense or hunting and actually being able to purchase one of them are two different things. While they are technically legal it's really difficult to obtain one.

Sort of how DC's gun ban has been lifted but the District put in a bunch of hurdles to actually obtain one.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Pete:

It's not the guns.
It's not the drugs.

It's the $$$ that has led to the violence in Mexico.

And if a gov't tells me when/where/how/why I can own any product, I really don't have a right of ownership.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Nuke the whole, worthless country. Nothing there worth trying to save, turn it into a testing ground for our military, drop 20-30 Mark VI warheads in there, and be done with it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

*edit* and I know my views on it are not popular, but you know what...look at the pictures. There is nothing left down there to save, its become a pool of **** and a blight on our country too. Send a message to the world we will NOT put up with it anymore.

Last edited by Overbear; 10-29-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Nuke the whole, worthless country. Nothing there worth trying to save, turn it into a testing ground for our military, drop 20-30 Mark VI warheads in there, and be done with it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

*edit* and I know my views on it are not popular, but you know what...look at the pictures. There is nothing left down there to save, its become a pool of **** and a blight on our country too. Send a message to the world we will NOT put up with it anymore.
Yeah...I'm for that but without the whole killing innocent children part.

Course, I think the same thing about the Middle East as well...
Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
dang thats crazy... severed heads being hung
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by R-Dub
The vast majority of crime comes from Cannabis and Cocaine; if we were to have a system of decriminalization and regulation, we would see a HUGE decrease in crime.
I wouldn't put Cocaine in the same category as Marijuana, its not the coca leaves it came from they use chemicals to make the drug still.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by SR20steve
I wouldn't put Cocaine in the same category as Marijuana, its not the coca leaves it came from they use chemicals to make the drug still.
I'm aware, but my point remains valid that 90% of this crime is from Cannabis and Cocaine.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Originally Posted by Overbear

PROBLEM SOLVED.

this is just retarded...if we do "NUKE" them we are not any better then they are.And most of the demand for drugs comes from the US!!! people in Mexico are scared they fear these drug lords, some towns even started to retaliate because the government there cant do a damn thing...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by R-Dub
I'm aware, but my point remains valid that 90% of this crime is from Cannabis and Cocaine.
Ah, I see what you meant.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Car Info: Nadda
If I were president, I'd raid the borders with hundreds if not thousands of troops and destroy any connection along the border we had with mexico. These murders and headless people is pretty nuts

Quick Reply: Pictures of the Drug War In Mexico