Passer-by pushes suicide jumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by medicSTi
... but that's not a selfish statement? Dudes life is so messed up that he's considering killing himself and people are worried about getting stuck in traffic... How about someone sits down with the dude and talks with him rather than pushing him off the bridge... I bet that made him feel even more worthless and as though no one cares about his existence.
maybe next time he will just use a gun?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:58 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
lol
Old 05-23-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
maybe next time he will just use a gun?

that's a sweet animation but no lol
Old 05-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
that is SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!

too bad here in the US, that isnt allowed. if you whine about your life, and want to die... shut up and kill yourself.

i sincerely applaud the gentlemen that pushed him over the edge.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
LOL, the dude salutes the public after he pushed the other dude off:

Originally Posted by sfgate.com
Photos in the Beijing Morning Post showed Lai, shoeless and in a T-shirt, saluting after Chen fell.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
epic.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Yin

my new hero
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I know it might sound funny to some of you, probably because he didn't die..

If this guy was serious about killing himself but contemplating, a 51/50... It's really nothing to laugh at... For a human to get to the point of suicide (someone who is really suicidal and not just some emo kid) is really f'd up for everyone, and I know people think it's selfish, and yes, it is selfish but in the mind of the person who is trying to commit suicide, they don't see that it's selfish, they think that their loved ones will be better off without them, and think that there is no way of recovering from the hell they face every day. suicide is no joke... I don't know if any of you have ever dealt with someone who was suicidal, especially a loved one, but if you have you'll understand that it is no laughing matter. In the mind of someone who is suicidal there is a constant hell that they have no control over... Their mind is making them miserable to the point where they think that dying will be better then living through it any longer. Humans self destruct and are capable of destroying themselves when they reach a certain limit of suffering. Even the happiest person on earth can get to the point of suicide when their limit is passed. May it be physical pain or emotional pain, everyone has their limit, and if this guy was serious, he obviously reached his limit and couldn't deal with life anymore... He didn't kill himself because he had a shred of hope... a tiny ounce of strength of hope left inside of him... His mind was waging a war against itself and that tiny shred of hope was the only thing that was keeping him alive... For that guy to come up to him and push him off because he was blocking traffic? NOW THAT IS SELFISH! To kill someone because they are being selfish? That guy on the bike should be charged with attempted murder for his act.

I can't believe that he pushed someone off a bridge because he though the guy was being selfish... His act of pushing the man off the bridge was far more selfish then the guy contemplating suicide.

I dunno, I guess I just don't find mentally disturbed people very funny... It's more sad then anything.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
there's an air cushion 26 feet beneath him. if there wasn't, then this story would totally be different.

imagine someone on a overpass above 880 that's thinking about jumping. 880 is shut down and they place an air cushion on the freeway. you come back 5 hours later and it's still shut down. do you feel 1)damn, i feel sorry for that guy. he needs help. or 2)dude, just jump. this is going no where cause you are not going to die even if you jump.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Yin

daniel we are being facetious but i absolutely agree with you - suicide is no laughing matter. but, not taking this man's demise into account, and as a stand alone story/event, a guy pushing a potential suicide jumper is one of those things that you only hear about or think at the back of your mind. it's bonkers! thats what makes it funny though. and yeah, cmon, it was 26 feet onto an air mattress. the circumstances dont really make it a sob story
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
there's an air cushion 26 feet beneath him. if there wasn't, then this story would totally be different.

imagine someone on a overpass above 880 that's thinking about jumping. 880 is shut down and they place an air cushion on the freeway. you come back 5 hours later and it's still shut down. do you feel 1)damn, i feel sorry for that guy. he needs help. or 2)dude, just jump. this is going no where cause you are not going to die even if you jump.
People say and think a lot of things that they don't mean, and "Man, I hope he jumps already" is one of those. Do you REALLY mean it? Do you really want someone's life to end because it causes some traffic nightmare? What if this was one of your family members? Someone you knew?

Just because he's a stranger doesn't mean his life is less important. A life is a life, and all life is precious. (Unless you're a killer/rapist/etc).