OMG!! Medic!!!....Medic!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
The same could be said of another group of people as well.
Very true, yet we are there too. I have a good buddy that is a corpsman for the AF, has done 3 tours. On his last tour they came under heavy morter attack. He ran out disobeying a officers orders, and pulled in 7 wounded men, and killed 2 insurgents that rushed the wall/gate...was awarded the silver star for it.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Isn't that her job?

Not saying she's not a hero... that's a balsy thing to do. But guys do crap like that all the time and don't end up in the media. A guy in our car club has more medals than I can count and I've never read about him in the papers. My grandfather was awarded several medals after he flew his mitchell bomber into a target on a raid over japan and I can't barely find any information on him. Hell his entire crew stayed on board knowing they were gonna die instead of bailing out.

But hell... how many MOH winners have said exactly that... I was only doing my duty. It takes a lot of guts to do your job under fire... man or woman.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
That's sort of the point.

See post #2.

If you're capable of doing the job, you should be allowed. If you are incapable of doing the job, you should have been weeded out long ago so you don't wind up in a situation where you compromise the mission or your fellow grunts.

Makes me want to watch Starship Troopers again. I wouldn't mind having Dizzy in my squad.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Very true, yet we are there too. I have a good buddy that is a corpsman for the AF, has done 3 tours. On his last tour they came under heavy morter attack. He ran out disobeying a officers orders, and pulled in 7 wounded men, and killed 2 insurgents that rushed the wall/gate...was awarded the silver star for it.
I didn't know you were black.

I kid, I kid.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Isn't that her job?

Not saying she's not a hero... that's a balsy thing to do. But guys do crap like that all the time and don't end up in the media. A guy in our car club has more medals than I can count and I've never read about him in the papers. My grandfather was awarded several medals after he flew his mitchell bomber into a target on a raid over japan and I can't barely find any information on him. Hell his entire crew stayed on board knowing they were gonna die instead of bailing out.

But hell... how many MOH winners have said exactly that... I was only doing my duty. It takes a lot of guts to do your job under fire... man or woman.
I wonder how many people realize that making special exceptions like this because of gender/creed/race only serves to reinforce the "differences" that exist as stereotype.