Official: SF Giants 2012 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
The team will get to chose who will/will not get rings... and after everything Melky did... i dont really see it happening (hope they dont give it to him).

Report: Melky Cabrera used fake website to create explanation for positive drug test | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I may be in the minority, but I think Melky should get a ring. We certainly wouldn't be where we are without him. From the All-Star win to many many crucial ABs. If they're going to give one to Mota, who certainly didn't have the impact that Melky did, then he should get one. I completely understand snubbing him too. Either way...

GIANTS FTMFW!!!!

Name:  fteet.gif
Views: 6
Size:  4.16 MB

-Brian
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Whos going to the parade on Weds?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by Heedz
im gonna be there!!! what you got planned?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I'll be there with a few family members and possibly my three year old daughter. I feel like this should be one of her first memories (she was only 10 months old last time ).

-Brian
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 04 sti
Can someone explain why the world series is called that? Do the teams compete globely like world superbike?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by mugenbb6
Can someone explain why the world series is called that? Do the teams compete globely like world superbike?
Let me google that for you

On another note

World Series averages record low television rating - Baseball - Boston.com

It's cause YOU FOX PEOPLE SUCK AND GIVE BARELY ANY CREDIT TO THE GIANTS HATE YOU GUYS....

Have Kruk and Kuip up you'll get better ratings.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
I'm probably going
Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Blazingbuda40
I'm probably going
Oh really? Okay Ill text ya. AVE WHERE YOU AT? JOE YOU TOO.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 04 sti
I see. It's just cultural arrogance.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by mugenbb6
I see. It's just cultural arrogance.
Well I'd assume that since there are players from all over the world playing baseball here, and every player from another country wants to come here to play, then that justify's World. No arrogance there. If there was arrogance, they wouldn't let other countries players play here.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM

On another note

World Series averages record low television rating - Baseball - Boston.com

It's cause YOU FOX PEOPLE SUCK AND GIVE BARELY ANY CREDIT TO THE GIANTS HATE YOU GUYS....

Have Kruk and Kuip up you'll get better ratings.

It's not just Fox, it's the national sports media in general. If it's not about the popular teams such as the Yankees, Red Sox, etc, it won't make the headlines. For example, take a look at Espn's baseball page right now. Can you guess which team is on the front? Yankees. Look at Sports Illustrated's website. In front? Texas Rangers. You'll have to make an effort to find out anything about the Giants.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 10-30-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
It's not just Fox, it's the national sports media in general. If it's not about the Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies, it won't make the headlines. For example, take a look at Espn's baseball page right now. Can you guess which team is on the front? Yankees.
You people and your complaining about east coast bias. Where do you think the head offices are for ESPN? New York and Connecticut! Of course they are going to have mostly East Coast news. The stuff that happens out here happens after they've all closed their news desks. It's the time zones that screw you. And you can take the Phillies out of that statement. The only time they bring up the Phillies is if they make a big trade, have an epic collapse, or some drunk idiot does something stupid.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
You people and your complaining about east coast bias. Where do you think the head offices are for ESPN? New York and Connecticut! Of course they are going to have mostly East Coast news. The stuff that happens out here happens after they've all closed their news desks. It's the time zones that screw you. And you can take the Phillies out of that statement. The only time they bring up the Phillies is if they make a big trade, have an epic collapse, or some drunk idiot does something stupid.
Does it really matter if their head offices are in the East? Whatever they think gives them the most views is what they will publish. You don't think they have writers that work on the west coast, or freelance writers in this area? Writers in the west aren't allowed to change the website to publish their stories?
Look at the NBA. Lakers get attention all the time. Even the Thunder are getting attention. It's not about whether or not their office is in whatever location, it's whatever headlines will garner the most attention. More views gets them more attention from advertisers. More advertisers = more money.
Back to the Giants. The simple fact is that they don't have a "superstar" on their team. The last Giants player that appealed to the national media and audience was Barry Bonds. They're only popular in the Bay Area. They don't have the broader market appeal that the Yankees or the Red Sox have. If the Dodgers or Angels had won the WS, there would be page after page of articles published. Tv ratings would go up. So like I said above, it's not about being on the east coast. There's a storm going on in NY, flooding, power outages, and they still have time to publish news about the Yankees? It's all about the audience, not about east or west.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Does it really matter if their head offices are in the East? Whatever they think gives them the most views is what they will publish. You don't think they have writers that work on the west coast, or freelance writers in this area? Writers in the west aren't allowed to change the website to publish their stories?
Look at the NBA. Lakers get attention all the time. Even the Thunder are getting attention. It's not about whether or not their office is in whatever location, it's whatever headlines will garner the most attention. More views gets them more attention from advertisers. More advertisers = more money.
Back to the Giants. The simple fact is that they don't have a "superstar" on their team. The last Giants player that appealed to the national media and audience was Barry Bonds. They're only popular in the Bay Area. They don't have the broader market appeal that the Yankees or the Red Sox have. If the Dodgers or Angels had won the WS, there would be page after page of articles published. Tv ratings would go up. So like I said above, it's not about being on the east coast. There's a storm going on in NY, flooding, power outages, and they still have time to publish news about the Yankees? It's all about the audience, not about east or west.
Yea and there are more advertisers in New York and LA. New York and LA's advertising is greater on ESPN than the Bay Area's. They have more pull. And it's not just US wide, it's world wide. The Yankees, the Lakers, these are marquee teams. The Giants aren't. That's not about superstars, thats about championships. If you wanted the Giants to be headline news for days, front page would be that idiot smashing the windshield of the MUNI bus and the pictures of it on fire labeling all Giant's fans as degenerates. The media gives and takes. The Giants had their coverage Sunday night and Monday. As far as the "US" is concerned, the majority of the rest of the states could care less. Yea, if the Yankees or Dodgers won there would be more coverage. Good and Bad. That's not an East Coast bias, it's that world wide, those are the teams that people know.

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2012 Season Thread!