View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Barack Obama / Joe Biden
56.25%
Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan
17.19%
Gary Johnson / Jim Gray
6.25%
Other
20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Official Election Poll 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
You don't find it the least bit creepy and disturbing that food companies fought tooth and nail to hide how their food is grown/manufactured?

It wasn't a complicated request, "Please let us know if this food was partially made in a lab"

"No!!!!!"

Doesn't sound like they have my interest in mind, just money as usually.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
I think people should know what's going on with their food. thats all, even if 80% of the food out there are GMO. I'm not saying ban GMO, just let the people know.

The food industry is a powerful machine and people need to be aware of anything funny (whatever that means to the person) is going on with it.

Last edited by RU-X; 11-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Cthulhu 2016
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Who in their right mind would vote yes on prop 30 and 39? The tax burden in this state is already at a criminal level. Say goodbye to cheaper internet prices. I love the way they use the schools to justify new taxes. If you think giving more money to the school board translates to better education for our children then you're delusional at best. What the f is wrong with the average voter. Are people really this effing stupid.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
^^^ couldn't agree more.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
My wife and I both voted for Ron Paul.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM

I can't believe that prop 37 didn't pass. WTF people!!!!?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Originally Posted by speed wrxer
Who in their right mind would vote yes on prop 30 and 39? The tax burden in this state is already at a criminal level. Say goodbye to cheaper internet prices. I love the way they use the schools to justify new taxes. If you think giving more money to the school board translates to better education for our children then you're delusional at best. What the f is wrong with the average voter. Are people really this effing stupid.
This....people see "school" and go "ooommmaaagersshhh think of the children!!!!"
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM

It's just so frustrating that these sheep are allowed to vote. People actually believe the government is looking out for them? I'm afraid all of our freedoms must be taken before the average person wakes up. This country was founded to escape tyranny but that's just history and could never happen again. People have become ungrateful and unaware of the freedoms we have. Point of my rant = WHY ARE PEOPLE SO F***ING STUPID!!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM

They should ban ALL political commercials. ALL. People will have to read.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I can't believe that prop 37 didn't pass. WTF people!!!!?
I'm glad it didn't. It would only increase food prices more than they are already. Don't get me wrong I mostly eat wholesome unprocessed foods. Even if it did pass their definitions of gmo would be just like their definitions of organic which are laughable. I don't know about you but with two growing children in the house we can't afford prices to go up anymore. things like milk have doubled in in the past few years. Be wary anytime the gov. says their looking out for your best interest.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by speed wrxer
I'm glad it didn't. It would only increase food prices more than they are already. Don't get me wrong I mostly eat wholesome unprocessed foods. Even if it did pass their definitions of gmo would be just like their definitions of organic which are laughable. I don't know about you but with two growing children in the house we can't afford prices to go up anymore. things like milk have doubled in in the past few years. Be wary anytime the gov. says their looking out for your best interest.
WTF! Did I just read that?

You'd rather not know what you're eating? You're so cheap that you'd rather risk sickness to yourself and family than pay to know if your salmon has been crossed with an eel?

Sorry man, I don't want genetically modified food. I don't want my family eating it either. Europe has banned it, rest of the world is following. I can't believe people are so blind. One step closer to growing ALL my own food.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM

I'm saying that their definitions of GMO would be meaningless just like the organic labeling. If your that concerned about it you should probably raise livestock and garden. These so called natural food companies are no different than any other. They want to make money not protect you from harm. No need to try and accuse me of putting my children in harms way. That's a bit to far.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Something is better than nothing, and getting our foot into that threshold was a huge step in stopping GMOs all together. But you're right, lets not even bother fighting that battle, lets just let them win and pretend like we're saving money.

Cancer is way more expensive than paying your part to force those companies to label their garbage.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by brucelee
WTF! Did I just read that?

You'd rather not know what you're eating? You're so cheap that you'd rather risk sickness to yourself and family than pay to know if your salmon has been crossed with an eel?

Sorry man, I don't want genetically modified food. I don't want my family eating it either. Europe has banned it, rest of the world is following. I can't believe people are so blind. One step closer to growing ALL my own food.
Really bro? Did you read it all?

A few too many exemptions for my taste...

Exempted from this requirement foods that are "certified organic; unintentionally produced with genetically engineered material; made from animals fed or injected with genetically engineered material but not genetically engineered themselves; processed with or containing only small amounts of genetically engineered ingredients; administered for treatment of medical conditions; sold for immediate consumption such as in a restaurant; or alcoholic beverages."

Who's to say what's "unintentional"?

You really think something INJECTED with "genetically modified material" is any different than something "genetically modified"?

Yes it's a good idea, but this was a pile of half-assed horse ****. Not even a "foot in the door" IMO.

Just like the 3 Strikes modification initiative, people either pass things they don't read fully or ***** about things they don't read fully when they don't pass.

Quick Reply: Official Election Poll 2012