The Official BAM 2013 thread!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Weather should honestly not be all that bad. Fremont doesn't get as out of control as Hammy does and it's right next to the lake. If I had to bet I'd say mid 80's.
Cool, a little weather never stopped anyone.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Just got Serramonte Subaru to be a vendor at this years event!!!

Not only that, they threw in 3 goodie bags with some ****ING amazing prizes. It made me want to buy more raffle tickets!

Last edited by Heedz; 07-25-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Heedz

Not only that, they threw in 3 goodie bags with some ****ING amazing prizes. It made me want to buy more raffle tickets!
Thank you. Sorry I missed your call. I have to call a couple vendor type folks on my way home but if I finish in time I'll drop you a line tonight.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 PM
General Pimpin'

2 more vendors and more raffle prizes.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Wink

Great. Now I really do have to call it "Work"?

Originally Posted by Heedz

Glad you liked them. I basically was like "Hmmm, what would I want to win if I had more tickets, this, this, yep this too...". I even gave you guys first shot at singly shipped apparel I actually might have wanted for myself any other time.

So just to confirm, I already registered the Wife and I for ourselves, the Vendor Deal will be the Parts Manager and a Salesperson, plus one or two cars. I'm not sure which one's we wanna pick out just yet.

I know having a WRX or STi is a given, suggestions on what the other one should be are welcome.

Last edited by TheFozz; 07-25-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX/05 G35/B5 Audi A4/97Civic/02Ninja/03 SV650S
herp derp... wrong thread....!

Last edited by DaltonSR20DET; 07-25-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread....
Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Just curious about the shortblock - what if someone wins who either already has a built motor or someone who has no intention of gettin a new motor, likesomeone with a 2013 wrx for example?

Or someone who attends, buys raffle tickets but doesn't own a subaru? Friend, relative, etc

Maybe there should be a 2nd raffle for the motor? That way only people who want it buy tickets?

Just a few thoughts
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Originally Posted by slugrx
Just curious about the shortblock - what if someone wins who either already has a built motor or someone who has no intention of gettin a new motor, likesomeone with a 2013 wrx for example?

Or someone who attends, buys raffle tickets but doesn't own a subaru? Friend, relative, etc

Maybe there should be a 2nd raffle for the motor? That way only people who want it buy tickets?

Just a few thoughts
better yet... separate raffle for the motoR!! that way people only buy it if they want it/need it.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
better yet... separate raffle for the motoR!! that way people only buy it if they want it/need it.
*Sorry if this sounds blunt.*

Ppppsssssshhhhh. So what if you have to go find a $9000 dollar car to put it in. Heck, I want that engine myself. Even if "my kid" wins it, it's going into a project. I got no problem possibly winning something. Heck if anyone who doesn't have a Subaru wins it I'll make them buy one. Why else would they be coming in the first place, right?

It's Charity, not a shopping adventure. (Says the guy who threw out $200 on tickets @ the Tracy Toyota Meet while everyone shook their heads. I ended up walking away with those Rigid Industry Floods and a bunch of other prizes.)

If you want better odds fork over for more tickets. Someone with one ticket should have the same chance of winning it.

This is a friend/family/forum event for charity. We Don't Do Exclusions on this sort of thing IMHO.

Heck, I hope Nathan wins it!!

Last edited by TheFozz; 07-25-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by TheFozz

Ppppsssssshhhhh. So what if you have to go find a $9000 dollar car to put it in. Heck, I want that engine myself. Even if "my kid" wins it, it's going into a project. I got no problem possibly winning something. Heck if anyone who doesn't have a Subaru wins it I'll make them buy one. Why else would they be coming in the first place, right?

It's Charity, not a shopping adventure. (Says the guy who threw out $200 on tickets @ the Tracy Toyota Meet while everyone shook their heads. I ended up walking away with those Rigid Industry Floods and a bunch of other prizes.)

If you want better odds fork over for more tickets. Someone with one ticket should have the same chance of winning it.

This is a friend/family/forum event for charity. We Don't Do Exclusions on this sort of thing IMHO.

Agreed, if the motor is to be separate, then most people might only buy raffle tickets for the motor. And if it was me, I'd make the motor raffle twice as expensive as the regular raffle.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Agreed, if the motor is to be separate, then most people might only buy raffle tickets for the motor. And if it was me, I'd make the motor raffle twice as expensive as the regular raffle.
Thanks for that!

Anyone else wanting to ask, that's right, just so we're clear here???

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

THIS MY HOUSE. I MAKE DA RULES.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by TheFozz

So, let's say someone just forked out 30k for a brand new wrx/sti with a warranty..they then have to buy another car to use the motor? That's absurd

There's gotta be a way to make sure someone will win the motor who actually can use it, otherwise its going to be exactly like last time where it gets passed around and nothing comes of it

I've got no problem with double price 2nd raffle for the motor...id buy tickets for both raffles...
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Then they can give it to me. Problem solved.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Originally Posted by slugrx

Just a few thoughts
funny you mention that, i will be getting my car tuned at eq 3 days prior to BAM. it would suck to win the tune
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 PM

Car Info: '15 STI LE
Why not just not claim it... Give someone who wants it an opportunity to win it

Quick Reply: The Official BAM 2013 thread!!!!!!