The Official: All Things Phone Thread - Page 32 - i-Club

Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
The Official: All Things Phone Thread >

The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Notices

The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
  #466  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,232
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports View Post
I hate that VZW lock the bootloaders!
Yeah pretty lame.. but the "modding" community only makes a small fraction of their sales numbers.. so why would they care
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  #467  
Registered User
 
Steven@Coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Subabrew Crew
Posts: 965
Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Just had to send back the refurb GNex I got back yesterday. The ambient light sensor was inop. Using a crap TBolt as a loaner and wish I could find my old Droid as I'd rather use that.

Since I bought the phone through Bestbuy I am dealing with them, Verizon said they couldn't do much. Tomorrow I am getting a 3rd refurbished phone since the 2 before that had issues as well.
Steven@Coach is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:39 PM
  #468  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,232
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
After the 3rd one, arnt you entitled to a brand new one, or a new phone of your choice?
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
  #469  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Finally on ICS and I'm really liking it so far. It's a lot faster and smoother.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
  #470  
9 to 5 mod
iTrader: (6)
 
sigma pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chavez Ravine
Posts: 57,325
Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
After the 3rd one, arnt you entitled to a brand new one, or a new phone of your choice?
Lemon law is for cars I think
sigma pi is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
  #471  
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
PROcede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,057
Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Rooted/Recovery/Kernal/ROM flashed to Galaxy S III on Verizon. I must say this phone is extremely fast! Fastest phone i've used to date.

For reference
Name:  Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-55-10.png
Views: 1
Size:  107.5 KB
PROcede is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  #472  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 177
Car Info: 2012 SWP WRX 5dr
Sooooo jelly
Tetsuei is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM
  #473  
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
queeg9k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cheesesteakville
Posts: 6,734
Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Guess who just got the number to R&D at AT&T because I complained to tier 1, 2, and 3 tech support to much. Been calling 2-3 times a week asking if they can disable the bloatwear.
queeg9k is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  #474  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,232
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by PROcede View Post
Rooted/Recovery/Kernal/ROM flashed to Galaxy S III on Verizon. I must say this phone is extremely fast! Fastest phone i've used to date.

For reference
What method did you follow?

There are two on XDA im looking at right now.
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
  #475  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (14)
 
GST Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 3,246
Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
What method did you follow?

There are two on XDA im looking at right now.
Jesus, you've had that phone for almost a week and it's not rooted with another rom on it yet???

*****!!
GST Motorsports is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  #476  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,232
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports View Post
Jesus, you've had that phone for almost a week and it's not rooted with another rom on it yet???

*****!!
My excuse is that Root didnt come out till a couple days ago. Let them prefect it and get the kinks out before flashing.. And now they are saying there is a soon to come update that will most likely kill root anyways


Im not used to Samsung rooting (have to download/install the Odin software)

Im deff used to Motorola (as my last two phones were) and using their software for having fun.

Its a new learning experience for me. Lots of reading to do before I do anything haha.
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
  #477  
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
PROcede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,057
Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
My excuse is that Root didnt come out till a couple days ago. Let them prefect it and get the kinks out before flashing.. And now they are saying there is a soon to come update that will most likely kill root anyways


Im not used to Samsung rooting (have to download/install the Odin software)

Im deff used to Motorola (as my last two phones were) and using their software for having fun.

Its a new learning experience for me. Lots of reading to do before I do anything haha.
[ROOT] [RECOVERY] SCH-I535 (Verizon Galaxy S III) - Verizon Galaxy S3 Development - RootzWiki

A lot of reading and setting up sdk/adb/java but well worth it.
Look on youtube there are some video tutorials that walk you through the process.

Last edited by PROcede; 07-12-2012 at 05:20 PM.
PROcede is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
  #478  
03.23.67 - 06.14.13
iTrader: (3)
 
ldivinag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: N37 39* W122 3*
Posts: 8,496
Originally Posted by queeg9k View Post
Guess who just got the number to R&D at AT&T because I complained to tier 1, 2, and 3 tech support to much. Been calling 2-3 times a week asking if they can disable the bloatwear.
dude... gimme the number.

i gotta call them about my friggin crappy wifi download speed...

i got to samsung's tier 2 support a couple days ago and havent heard from them since...



PM will do...
ldivinag is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
  #479  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 177
Car Info: 2012 SWP WRX 5dr
Freaking loving this GSIII
Tetsuei is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:37 AM
  #480  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,232
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by PROcede View Post
[ROOT] [RECOVERY] SCH-I535 (Verizon Galaxy S III) - Verizon Galaxy S3 Development - RootzWiki

A lot of reading and setting up sdk/adb/java but well worth it.
Look on youtube there are some video tutorials that walk you through the process.
Ill start looking into it tomorrow, thanks
stupidchicken03 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.