Official: 2012-2013 NFL Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Official: 2012-2013 NFL Thread!

Jeff Demps set to sign contract with New England Patriots - NFL.com

Olympian Jeff Demps will sign a contract to play for the New England Patriots, according to Demps' marketing agent, Nohemy Baltodano.

Demps is currently in route to Orlando to sign his deal.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick commented on Thursday that the team was in need of a kick returner, a role Demps filled at the University of Florida. Demps is also expected to play in the backfield and possibly at slot receiver.

Demps rushed for 2,470 career yards and 23 touchdowns while at Florida, but he went undrafted in April while choosing to focus on his Olympic career. Demps did not attend any college football all-star games or take part in NFL predraft workouts.

Demps drew interest from the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Indianapolis Colts. Former Florida teammate Tim Tebow was approached by the Jets the suspension had been lifted to reach out to Demps.

Demps won a silver medal as a member of 4x100-meter relay team in London.
I don't know how the Patriots do it, but they just signed Demps who won a silver medal in the London Olympics. Like as if Brady needed another weapon that's faster than Desean Jackson on the field =\. I bet this kid ends up stronger than Wes Welker at this type of position.

Dude knows how to play ball, he showed that in Florida.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Anyone doing fantasy ?...im in 3 leagues...maybe we can do another here?..I dont want to be the commish though
Old 08-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Wow, Titan's Preseason game vs the Cardinals. That titan's special teams snapped the ankle and NFL Network replayed that. Pretty gross, just as bad as the Bryant Young Snap back when he busted his femur.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM

Dat Andrew Luck looking good as the Colts stomping the Texans. I'd like to see Luck vs Manning in the playoffs.

Texans losing the last 3/4 of the season. They're looking terrible and I don't expect them to go out the first round. Shaub is not a good passer.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-30-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Jerry Rice believes Bill Callahan threw Super Bowl - NFL.com

Tim Brown threw some ugly accusations at Bill Callahan last Saturday, claiming the coach essentially sabotaged the Oakland Raiders in a blowout loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl XXXVII.

If you thought Hall of Fame wide receiver and former Raiders teammate Jerry Rice would ground this strange theory, think again.

In a Tuesday call-in appearance on ESPN's "NFL Live", Rice backed Brown's assertion that Callahan intentionally hurt Oakland's chances by changing the gameplan two days before the game.

"In a way, maybe because he didn't like the Raiders, he decided to, 'Hey look, maybe we should sabotage a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.' "

Rice said Callahan's gameplan shift "without a doubt" led to center Barret Robbins leaving the team the day before the Super Bowl. Rice said he and Brown "never had the opportunity" to confront Callahan about the possibility he had thrown the game. All three men were on the Raiders team in 2003, the season after the Super Bowl loss.

This was an odd four-minute interview. Rice appeared to be parroting the quotes attributed to Brown at times. At one point, Rice stated that Callahan did not like him when he first came to Oakland. It all came off like a long-retired star with a grudge to settle.

After Rice was through, Eric Mangini defended the character of Callahan, who coached on Mangini's staff with the New York Jets in 2008.

"There is no possible way that Bill Callahan would ever sabotage the Super Bowl or any other game as a head coach, as an assistant coach, as anybody affiliated with the team," Mangini said. "That's not who he is. When I first saw this article I thought, 'This is ridiculous' and the only thing that would be more ridiculous is if somebody actually believed it."

We're with Mangini. What did Bill Callahan stand to gain by getting blown out in the Super Bowl? If he disliked the Raiders so much, why was he the head coach? Why would you risk career suicide on a stage that large?

The obvious answer is you wouldn't.
Tim Brown said Callahan changed game plans 2 days before the Superbowl when Oakland was there to throw the game. Why change game plans that close to the Superbowl... you got 2 weeks to plan?