Off with his head! (Hand made Kukri blade)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Off with his head! (Hand made Kukri blade)

I received this as a gift from an old friend for Xmas a few months ago, I just haven't had time to take pics of it yet (due to the move and various injuries, lol).

It's a hand made Kukri blade, hand forged and hand carved with a gold inlay on the blade along with the custom markings from the person that made it. It's very high quality and comes with a hand made sheath with two smaller blades (as is traditional with this type of blade). It's so sharp that I'm almost afraid to touch it thanks to my track record with sharp/shiny objects, I've had some great blades in the past, but this one blows all of them out of the water.

And as a bonus, my cat behind the blinds.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-14-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Those knives should be placed on the floor as there is less likelihood that it will fall off the table and impale your foot. Nice knife. No pictures tomorrow how you severed your arm at the elbow, ok...
Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Those knives should be placed on the floor as there is less likelihood that it will fall off the table and impale your foot. Nice knife. No pictures tomorrow how you severed your arm at the elbow, ok...
, wise advice!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Off topic... but can you please ask your wife where she got those silver leaf-shaped plates? Adorable and I wants! Kthxbai
Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Brucey!! I have the same blade!! Slightly different details but same sheath and accompanying blades. X-gf smuggled it back from India for me a decade ago. I know your fear. I am scared ****less to handle it. Weighs a ton and sharp as hell. I've been meaning to mount it in a plexi box and label it "Break in case of Zombies"
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by danielliez
Off topic... but can you please ask your wife where she got those silver leaf-shaped plates? Adorable and I wants! Kthxbai
You and Josipa really need to hang out... You're like the same person in almost all aspects, only you appreciate cars more. You're invited over for dinner any time, and bring your dentist brother so he can pull this damn wisdom tooth that Ive been dreading for ages now.

Huck! Dude, that's awesome! Isn't it great knowing that you have something that was hand made by someone not using modernized machines and forging it in the way that they did it ages back? Mine was brought back from Nepal where it was hand made in some hut by some monk... Probably took months to make considering the amount of detail involved in it's creation. The zombie idea sounds like a GREAT one! It's so lethal that if someone broke into my house and I used it against them, I'd go to prison for using an excessively lethal weapon (worse than a gun, lol). Yes, it weighs A LOT and looks a lot smaller in the pics because I'm a giant and anything in my hands looks small (see Danielliez standing next to me in pics, LOL!)
Old 05-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Haha yes I thought she was EXTRA cool when I met her! Considering what you cook I think I would be happy eating dinner at your house every night!
My brother lives in Portland but his friend that he graduated with works in Sunnyvale, I can give you his info if you're interested. He's really good, I go to him and my brother highly recommends him.