New JDM Uber STI released....of course, only in Japan (56K beware!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Also the carbon fiber shelled S204 seas were WAY more pimp!

You left out the fact that a pair of the S204 seats would run you as much as a good condition late 90's GC coupe or sedan. (Not arguing in any way though, as they are probably my favorite OEM option/installed seat for a Subaru.)
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Car Info: wrx02
I would pay 50 grand for it. Very well packaged and clean looking STI. But why so little hp? May be 350 to 380 hp out of the factory will be more satisfying at that price range.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'll just get the cool stickers!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by brucelee
Im NOT a fan of leather and those carbon ones would hold you in much more snug due to the material alone (no sliding around).
I wonder about this leather makes you slide around rumor.. I have some SSL (SportSportline) leather Recaros from an Evo VIII MR and I do not slide anywhere. I fit in the seat loose as I am nowhere near overweight.

I know only like 4 out of 100 people will do something to upgrade their seats which is a shame since its the best mod you can do for your car, but thats why Subaru doesn't offer it as an option because they'd charge like $5,000 for the seats because ANYTHING STi is expensive as hell.
And I fully agree. Best driving mod HANDS DOWN. Every second you spend driving is in a seat (duh) so it is natural that this is the single best way of improving your drive!!

As for the S205, meh. My WRX would have crushed it after I owned it for 6 months and started modding Lose the overpriced brakes and put some real mods on it!!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
yeah the damper is def different than the flexible strut brace, the damper is a small shock body, the strut brace is a spherical ball joint. I think I'd just take solid versions of either in any case and deal with that tiny bit of extra NVH
Yeah they've been using this tech for a couple years now. It's basically the same as using a progressive rate spring instead of a linear. Smoother on regular driving but stiffens up when pushed.

SUPER sick and SUPER EXPENSIVE.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 08 WRB/Gold STI. EQ Tuned, E85, 340whp 390wtq
From what my GF was able to translate, seems like theres a ball joint in the middle there that lets both end travel up or down when going over bumps so it doesnt transmit the bumps on the road from side to side, but when your cornering its totally stiff laterally.

seem alright in theory, I guess they sell for about $400 each though
Yep thats my understanding too, and when installed you can feel the front end is firmer.. The bar flexes a lot when its off the car, but once bolted in its rigid

My version is the first one STI brought out, much more bling with the cherry blossom red end pieces. They toned it down for the 20th anniversary edition & the R205 for some reason
Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
You can have seats similar to those, in Japan the car costs more because it has those seats (you better believe that you have to pay for those, they don't come as free extras), so when you buy your subaru you can remove your stock STi seats, sell them to someone who has a WRX and get a good $500-700 for them, then spend another $1500 on some really nice Recaros, so you'd be spending a total of around $1500 seats and have a $700 extra from selling your old seats.

So think of it as a factory option that costs $1500 to upgrade your factory seats to seats that custom fit you, seats that are made for you... But people don't want to pay for that extra $1,500 which is why Subaru doesn't give us good seats as a factory upgrade... People are cheap and they want everything that the JDM cars get but for less then $30k. There's a reason that car is 14k more expensive then the standard STi... it has custom developed parts used specifically for that car which costs money to develop, it has insane brakes that cost at least well over $5k for all four corners, and those seats are custom seats made specifically for that car and Subaru buys them from Recaro and I know they cost a pretty penny, so that's where the 14k markup comes from.

For those of you who complain about the USDM seats which suck *****, not only are they SUPER wide and made for really overweight people, but they sit SUPER HIGH, so why not do something about it and change your seats? Depending on what kind of seats you get (or SEAT, I only have one aftermarket seat cuz my wife HATES aggressive seats because they are uncomfortable and hard to get out of due to the bolsters) you can spend anywhere from $500 to $1300 per seat depending on which one you get, so if you want to REALLY high end seats, sell your old ones, get $500-700 for them, and spend around $1500 to get a set of nice seats ($1500+your old seat $$) and get some kick *** recaros, sparcos, brides, or some race techs or something.

I know only like 4 out of 100 people will do something to upgrade their seats which is a shame since its the best mod you can do for your car, but thats why Subaru doesn't offer it as an option because they'd charge like $5,000 for the seats because ANYTHING STi is expensive as hell.
...I would love to have upgraded my seats (previously had cash/time/willingness to do so), but at this point in my life, I'm not willing to give up the airbag in the seat to get a better fit. totally agree about USDM seat being too wide and too high. did the NASIOC "seat mod" and while it's better, still nothing like a properly sized Recaro.

...i even looked into the Recaros that had the SAB modules inside, but they're overseas only (at least when I checked).
Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by CHESTON
...I would love to have upgraded my seats (previously had cash/time/willingness to do so), but at this point in my life, I'm not willing to give up the airbag in the seat to get a better fit. totally agree about USDM seat being too wide and too high. did the NASIOC "seat mod" and while it's better, still nothing like a properly sized Recaro.

...i even looked into the Recaros that had the SAB modules inside, but they're overseas only (at least when I checked).
My seat holds me in so firmly and snug that I'd probably do better without an airbag + USDM seat... Not only do I sit much more snug, but a few inches lower too with kevlar side bolsters to protect you.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I have been reconsidering my v7's. I have two kids now and side airbags sound like a good idea, again...
Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Car Info: EQ Built/Tuned WRX
damn that is a nice car!!! I WANT ONE!! were can i get one of those strut braces??
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ryball
I have been reconsidering my v7's. I have two kids now and side airbags sound like a good idea, again...
this is the reason why i wouldn't do the v7's or aftermarket seats....

Old 01-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by blue04WRX
damn that is a nice car!!! I WANT ONE!! were can i get one of those strut braces??
https://www.japanparts.com/db/partsl...maker=&volkey= ...scroll down to teh "STi" section...

www.japanparts.com

course, the bottom version model starts at 33,000 Yen...BEFORE shipping. maybe you can get a group buy going.

BTW, this is for the newer models 08+, don't see anything there for the 04-07's.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Yep thats my understanding too, and when installed you can feel the front end is firmer.. The bar flexes a lot when its off the car, but once bolted in its rigid

My version is the first one STI brought out, much more bling with the cherry blossom red end pieces. They toned it down for the 20th anniversary edition & the R205 for some reason
wow nice, hadnt seen you post before, since you sprung for such a pimp strut bar what else are you running there?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 08 WRB/Gold STI. EQ Tuned, E85, 340whp 390wtq
wow nice, hadnt seen you post before, since you sprung for such a pimp strut bar what else are you running there?
Yeah, i kinda lurk here, but its a great site for the local scene. I got a few other mods, not as many as i'd like, but the STI stuff is just sooo expensive. When i went to Tachikawa all i could afford was a tshirt & a keychain
Stg1, Subaru gauges, pinks, strut bar, STI front lip, perrin RSB are pretty much the big stuff. Currently saving subaru $'s towards a SPT catback
Plenty of little stuff / cosmetic stuff too, I got a full journal over on IWSTI if your interested
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-membe...installed.html
Cheers
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
badass

Quick Reply: New JDM Uber STI released....of course, only in Japan (56K beware!)