Need Traffic School Approved by the Santa Clara County Court!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Need Traffic School Approved by the Santa Clara County Court!!

So I did a search and found a bunch in this link...

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...traffic+school

However, all the ones I visited are not approved by the Santa Clara County Court. If I take the traffic school within the Santa Clara County I HAVE TO take it with www.driversed.com which requires me to complete a proctored exam in person at an authorized location.

If I don't, it must be under this list... http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol745.pdf I did a reverse look-up with the links I found in BAIC, but didn't find one that matched.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
im doing it right now with driversed.com

you can take the test at any UPS store, no biggie
Old 07-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor

yeah... i guess I am just being lazy...

Originally Posted by ucbsti
im doing it right now with driversed.com

you can take the test at any UPS store, no biggie
i guess you play you pay.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
dude, driversed.com is sooooooooo easy. here are a couple of hints:

1) take it online (obviously) and switch to html mode instead of flash. There's more text on each page, which mean less waiting (since they have a timer on each page that prevents you from clicking blindly to the end)

2) The final exam is the best part... I believe you can keep taking the test over and over again until you get a passing score. if you take it at their office (in MV), you save $5.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor

I am sure the class is easy... but now you HAVE to take a IN-PERSON exam. No exception. Just that if you take it at a particular office you can save that $5, otherwise you have to pay.

Originally Posted by burndtjamb
dude, driversed.com is sooooooooo easy. here are a couple of hints:

1) take it online (obviously) and switch to html mode instead of flash. There's more text on each page, which mean less waiting (since they have a timer on each page that prevents you from clicking blindly to the end)

2) The final exam is the best part... I believe you can keep taking the test over and over again until you get a passing score. if you take it at their office (in MV), you save $5.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
Originally Posted by StupidDent
I am sure the class is easy... but now you HAVE to take a IN-PERSON exam. No exception. Just that if you take it at a particular office you can save that $5, otherwise you have to pay.
Its been like that in Santa Clara County for a while now... 4 years ago it was done via onlinetrafficsafety.com (or something like that... don't quote me on it). That was a real proctored exam where you had one chance to pass (or you had to retake the class, or something like that).

Anyway, most of the questions are common sense and/or easy, but its the ones that are like "how many feet do you stop before a rail road crossing" or "how many seconds ahead do you look ahead on the road" that are really lame.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor

This is my second ticket since my 11 years of driving. My last ticket was 7 years ago, and first in Santa Clara County, so not much experience with online traffic school (first time actually).

Thanks for the info anyway.

Originally Posted by burndtjamb
Its been like that in Santa Clara County for a while now... 4 years ago it was done via onlinetrafficsafety.com (or something like that... don't quote me on it). That was a real proctored exam where you had one chance to pass (or you had to retake the class, or something like that).

Anyway, most of the questions are common sense and/or easy, but its the ones that are like "how many feet do you stop before a rail road crossing" or "how many seconds ahead do you look ahead on the road" that are really lame.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Former Vendor

finally took the time to take the damn class from driversed.com... It took me 24 minutes from the time I paid online, drive to the test center, take a ****, then take and pass the damn test. but it took me 3.5 hours to finish the damn course because of the timer.

they should give you a detail test 50-75 questions in the beginning and only focus on the areas you failed. since it's a in-person test, why does the class duration matter anyway? oh well, I am DONE!

hopefully i will stay 'clean' for a good LONG while.

Last edited by DetailAddict; 07-10-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by StupidDent
hopefully i will stay 'clean' for a good LONG while.
Yeah, I think that the best fuel economy I ever got out of the WRX was during the 18 months after TS.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor

so sad, but so true!

Originally Posted by Lorry
Yeah, I think that the best fuel economy I ever got out of the WRX was during the 18 months after TS.