my seemingly shady encounter with san leandro pd

Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2014 Evo GSR
my seemingly shady encounter with san leandro pd

So tell me if this is shady guys.

Tonight on my way home from bayfair mall 24 fitness, driving up e14th towards hayward. Slpd was on the opposite side of the street at a stoplight, and while i proceeded to drive on the green light, they pop a u turn and pull me over.

As i pull to the side of the street the officer yells at me to turn off my car. I do so and he yells at me to turn off my car again. I shrugged my shoulders in the rear view and signal the cars off. He AGAIN YELLS , "I SAID CAR OFF! NOW!" so i yell back that my car was off since the 1st announcement.

He comes out with his goofy looking buddy and, flashlights drawn, asking if i knew why i had been pulled over. I say no and he says bc. I have no license plate. I tell him ive been waiting for the dealership since sept for my plates and i havent recieved anything yet. He asks for my license and reg and validates my home address. His buddy then says that i have illegal tint and i respomd that i already was cited in november and i had until feb 1st to fix it. They laugh and say its still illegal which i argue that even though it may be, i have a deadline that had not been reached yet and it would be handled b4 time was up.

They walk back together for a while and come back, this time switching sides and his goofy partner says im getting cited for BOTH TINT AND PLATES. I tell them i have the correctable citation right in front of them and that i had no idea where my plates were. He then argues that i already had my plates which pissed me off (telling me what i had and didnt have) and i argue that the reg and sticker can in a separate envelope and the plates were mia to the poont i was going to order vanity plates to replace it. He then tells me i should sign the ticket and deal with it in court. Pissed i told them i wouldnt sign it due to the fact i felt i was having my rights violated on the premise that they had no proof i didnt recieve my plates and that im being double cited prior to my due date for the tints. He shrugs at his partner and tells me either sign or g2 jail.

(AT THIS POINT I WISH I HAD MY RECORDER) i tell them that i would rather head to jail than be unlawfully cited. They both slowly start moving their hands to their guns and speaking to each other that they felt i Was resisting arrest. At that point i said **** it and signed. They said thank you and sped off.

Long story short i felt like i was ****ed. What do u guys think?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
The correct answer at that point would have to asked for their supervisor to be called, asked for their names and badge numbers, and then closed your mouth.

SLPD are a ****ing joke, then again ALL LEO are a joke and never to be trusted.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
You should have had temporary plates. Did you show then tint citation to the cops? Why did they think your car was not off? Turbo timer?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Sounds to me like a training stop.

While technically you may be correct about the plates and tint- you are illegal with no proof of any of your claims.

Sorry dude, but I don't hear anything shady here
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 AM

I had the dealership plates on my car still and i had showed them the citation. They ignored me like i made up the story all together. The car being off was them being dicks. No ttimer the car was legitamitely off. And i explained that ive been looking for the plates with the ability to call the gm at dealership (friend of mine) at that exact moment to vouche and the told me to not even think about touching the phone.

I highly believe it was a training stop bear bc of all the times he looked at his non goofy partner for validation to every rebutal i threw at him
Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by hotflare
I had the dealership plates on my car still and i had showed them the citation. They ignored me like i made up the story all together. The car being off was them being dicks. No ttimer the car was legitamitely off. And i explained that ive been looking for the plates with the ability to call the gm at dealership (friend of mine) at that exact moment to vouche and the told me to not even think about touching the phone.

I highly believe it was a training stop bear bc of all the times he looked at his non goofy partner for validation to every rebutal i threw at him
Like I said, never trust any LEO, not a single one of them is anything but rights violating ******.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:15 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Like overbear said. Ask for a supervisor. Incidents like this are another good reason to have a dash cam.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by Lowend
Sounds to me like a training stop.

While technically you may be correct about the plates and tint- you are illegal with no proof of any of your claims.

Sorry dude, but I don't hear anything shady here

my seemingly shady encounter with san leandro pd-facepalm.jpeg

Originally Posted by Overbear

Like I said, never trust any LEO, not a single one of them is anything but rights violating ******.

Spot on. I'm sure race had something to do with being treated like a liar.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
Like overbear said. Ask for a supervisor. Incidents like this are another good reason to have a dash cam.
Go pro with 4 hours of hd, erased after every drive that I dont see something.

On mothers day I filmed a drunk driver crash in front of me AND hit another 2006 blue hawkeye. Then drive away.

Ended up helping the subie pull the guy over and pull him out of the car until police got there.
We boxed him in it was badass. Looked like subie mafia.

Guy was hella cool dont know if hes on here. Think his name was rob.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:19 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I believe you can get ticketed multiple times a day for the same offense. You might be able to clear it up with the judge if he/she is feeling lenient.

Just sign the ticket and move on. Cops don't give a **** about your or my problems. Sorry this happened to you.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
yea, waste of time, but they did have a valid reason to pull you over. if it wasn't the license plate, it would be the tint.

We know it's illegal to not have plates in the front and tinting the front windows, but we all do it anyway. LEO aren't going to let you go without anything unless your right was really threatend. Sorry to sound like a$$, but i've been in your shoes many times. Just take off the tint pay the $20-30 fix it and drive to a local pd to have it written off.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
The encounter could have gone differently.

When you sign any ticket, and it says right on the ticket you are not admitting guilt simply agreeing to appear in court.

If you refuse to sign the ticket which is saying you do not agree to appear in court the officer can arrest you not for any crime like its not illeagal to not sign a ticket, he can arrest you to ensure your arrangement to meet the judge is met.

You are basically agreeing to appear in court when you sign the ticket.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
You can get ticketed for tint over and over again until you fix it.

Dealer plates... should have let you slide, but they don't have to.

Like they said, you have to deal with it with a commissioner or judge.

Signing a citation is not a admission of guilt. What you plead on your courtesy notice or arrangement in court is.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
hahaha. subie mafia. where do i sign??? LOL

OP, its a bit of a grey area. yes, you have a dealine and have already been cited. the only people that can validate this is the court system. most of the time they will see a previous offense and take care of it, if not, THEY are the people to clear it up with. Cops are just cops. they are the ones that enforce the laws, not make them up. it DOES suck having to put up with *** hole LEOs but in the end, if you know you are in the right, cool down, talk to the courts and get it settled. i had gotten 3 fix it tickets for tint in the span of one month. only dealt with and paid one ticket. hope everything works out bud!

and as people said, when signing, you are basically signing and telling them "i will fight you in court, because im right and you are wrong"

Last edited by 02RS25; 01-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Yeah u guys are right. And yeah i hate to think that race was involved in the bay area but sadly it was all white cops and me being black with dreads in a car that Isnt an average stereotypical car guys like me drive in the area ...i had no chance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my seemingly shady encounter with san leandro pd