my impeceble driving record is screwed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
His first appearance in court will be his last on this infraction. He had already admitted he was speeding. WHen he goes to court he will plead "no contest". Then he should ask the judge politely to take into consideration his driving record and ask for a reduction in fine and traffic school. There will be no trial because he will plead "no contest". He will never see the officer again, unless you get caught speeding again. The officer does not show up for arraignment.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
this is what he wrote on the ticket:

VC22350 unsafe Speed
speed Parox 50 in 35 speed limit.

he was holding a gun he showed the speed on the gun to me. i am sending the V1 for calibration to the company.

Does te judge ask do you want to go traffic school or i have to say that.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
If you are initially eligible for traffic school, it will say so on the copy of the driving infraction that gets mailed to you. In that case just go to the local court office, pay the fee and accept driving school. If the mailing says you are ineligible then you will want to go fight things out in court.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

He will ask. He may also offer the reduction but if he doesn't. "Your honor, I'd like to ask the court to take into consideration my better than average driving record prior to this infraction, and request a reduction in bail/fine" You may get an earful. Power tripping judges particularly in the San Mateo Court House are not uncommon. If your driving record is a good as you say it is you should get what you want. Just remember to plead "no contest" and be sure you pay the bail on time.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi-FTW
If you are initially eligible for traffic school, it will say so on the copy of the driving infraction that gets mailed to you. In that case just go to the local court office, pay the fee and accept driving school. If the mailing says you are ineligible then you will want to go fight things out in court.
Honestly man, if you go to court and take a few bumps and bruises from the judge, you will get your bail reduced. especially if your driving record is very good with minimal infractions. Hell I've had a slap on the wrist and had it dismissed. Although it's been a long time since that has happened.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Oh for entertainment, while your in there, keep a tally of how many illegals are caught driving without a license/registartion/insurance. It'll make up about 80% of the cases heard that day. It'll also make you reconsider your insurance policy.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Thanks guys as this is going to be my fist time in the court wish good luck for me.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Car Info: civic
depending on the county they do have a limit for how fast u are speeding to still be qualified for traffic school. i know santa barbara country allows up 27mph over the stated speed. I'm sure you can do traffic school with only 10mph over the posted speed limit
Old 02-07-2007, 11:58 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by specb
this is what he wrote on the ticket:

VC22350 unsafe Speed
speed Parox 50 in 35 speed limit.

he was holding a gun he showed the speed on the gun to me. i am sending the V1 for calibration to the company.

Does te judge ask do you want to go traffic school or i have to say that.
Wow, you got the easiest type of ticket to reverse. All it is, is the basic speed law. If you want to win, it's quite easy if there were no pedestrians.

If you want to fight it, don't bring any information trying to say you weren't going above the speed limit. Instead, show how you had plenty of room and visibility to maneuver around any road hazard. This includes weather, bike lanes, width of lanes, etc.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Wow, you got the easiest type of ticket to reverse. All it is, is the basic speed law. If you want to win, it's quite easy if there were no pedestrians.

If you want to fight it, don't bring any information trying to say you weren't going above the speed limit. Instead, show how you had plenty of room and visibility to maneuver around any road hazard. This includes weather, bike lanes, width of lanes, etc.
That would depend on the prima facie limit set from the last survey conducted. Considering where he was stopped, it's 35mph. I've been tagged there as well.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo

in the comments he has written things from which i can read:
Overcast\DRY\(cant make out) can i get this info from the court and how long do i have to wait.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

You can always call this guy?
http://www.stantheradarman.com/
Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Honestly man, if you go to court and take a few bumps and bruises from the judge, you will get your bail reduced. especially if your driving record is very good with minimal infractions. Hell I've had a slap on the wrist and had it dismissed. Although it's been a long time since that has happened.
I've had plenty of "encounters with the law" and somehow my driving record has remained clean enough for the good driver discount from my insurance provider. Basically, when given the chance, I will jump on the driving school and skip a day in court. Yes, if you go in front of a judge, you _can_ get reductions in bail, etc but you are also giving up your guarantee at driving school. Personally I won't gamble a clean driving record for a bit of cash savings. If the judge is having a bad day, or takes issue with you for some reason, he can deny you driving school and/or increase the punishment.

I am sure what you say is true, I just have personally found taking the safe(r) route has worked well for me.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

AS long as you are eligible for traffic school and you plead "no contest" the judge must grant you traffic school as it has already been deemed that you are eligible. The only time you waive your right to attend is if you plead "not guilty" or "guilty". In the case of "not gulity" there should be no need for traffic school as you are "not guilty". Well "guilty" is you admittance of intent to break a law. No one ever does this when they drive. I may speed but my intent is never to say F the speed limit. I'm simply driving faster than the law without intent of breaking it.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Bwaaa Haaaa check out stan the radar man's forum. Can you say Haxord
http://stantheradarman.com/Forum/

Quick Reply: my impeceble driving record is screwed