my impeceble driving record is screwed

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
my impeceble driving record is screwed

i got a ticket this morning for speeding in redwood city, and i was speeding no doubt about it. The second i realized that i braked but it was too late i got nailed for doing 49 in 35 by officer Mr fowler. I pleaded that as i have a impeceble record of no tickets for 5 years can he pardon me. He said sorry cannot do.

now i have to pay the fine or see if i qualify for traffic school.

PS:the POS V1 did not even blink a light during all this operation.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM

I saw a news story last night that the insurance companies are currently lobbying to remove the traffic school option to keep things off your record.

Edit: Of course, maybe they've trying to do this for years. Dunno. Would suck to lose the option though.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
you can take traffic school every year and a half
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Man that sucks. Most of us are lucky *knock on wood* since I know no one goes 65 on the freeway. I've been lucky so far. 5 year record is quite impressive, but it's just a speeding ticket. Hope you get traffic school.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Ah deal with it, your records fine go to court, plead guilty, get it reduced, attend traffic school, there you go.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 04 STI, 03 M3, 08 335i, 15 i3
you should be fine, just go to traffic school.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
The reason your V1 didn't go off is probably the officer was using LIDAR(SP).
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by 455h013
v1's pick that up.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Did he say he got you on radar? they go to training sessions where they are taught to judge speed by eye, or he could have tailed you- either way- no detector can help.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by MoDrift
I saw a news story last night that the insurance companies are currently lobbying to remove the traffic school option to keep things off your record.

Edit: Of course, maybe they've trying to do this for years. Dunno. Would suck to lose the option though.

it's not going to happen.

They're trying because of the new deal in california where your rates are based of more than just points. Don't really know the whole deal but I know their are changes afoot.

finally. california has the stupidest insurance rules and lisense rules of any state. It's totally biased toward insurance companies.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Car Info: '04 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
It's already in the system, now all you can do is go to court.

Take the advice above and go to court - if you're lucky, the officer won't show; otherwise, plead guilty and hopefully you'll get off with minimal damage.

Also, were you written up for the full 49 in a 35, or did you get it for 5 mph or 10 mph over?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 455h013

he probably trailed him.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
I believe if you are doing more than 10 over, you may not qualify for traffic school. That being said, there is still hope. If you do not qualify, go to your first court date and plead not guilty. This will cause a second date in front of a real judge to be scheduled. At this point there are a few things in your favor. First, the cop may not show in which the case will immediately be thrown out. Second, if the cop does show, say you wish to plead guilty but want to argue your case in front of the judge for lighter sentencing. Explain your impeccable driving record and how although you admit to speeding, you were not driving in an unsafe manner that could harm others around you. If you are lucky, the judge will let you go to traffic school, or possibly suspend the ticket assuming you do not receive any more within a certain time period (usually 6 months to a year).
Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by STi-FTW
I believe if you are doing more than 10 over, you may not qualify for traffic school. That being said, there is still hope. If you do not qualify, go to your first court date and plead not guilty. This will cause a second date in front of a real judge to be scheduled. At this point there are a few things in your favor. First, the cop may not show in which the case will immediately be thrown out. Second, if the cop does show, say you wish to plead guilty but want to argue your case in front of the judge for lighter sentencing. Explain your impeccable driving record and how although you admit to speeding, you were not driving in an unsafe manner that could harm others around you. If you are lucky, the judge will let you go to traffic school, or possibly suspend the ticket assuming you do not receive any more within a certain time period (usually 6 months to a year).

I got traffic school for 23 over. Not sure where you heard that but 10mph limit is rediculous and as far as I know untrue. Shoot some judges will throw cases out if its LESS than 10.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Yeah there isn't a certain speed that they don't allow you to go to court (unless it is ruled a misdemeanor like a 101+).

Of course, as with all traffic infractions, it is all deemed by the judge's discretion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my impeceble driving record is screwed