My friend is sleeping in jail because..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
From http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12360875

LAFAYETTE — A 20-year-old Orinda man was arrested after leading officers from several police agencies on a multicity pursuit to avoid a ticket for running a stop sign, police said.

A Lafayette patrol officer saw a red Infiniti G35 run a stop sign on El Nido Ranch Road about 12:30 p.m., said police Chief Michael Hubbard. When the officer tried to stop the car, the driver sped off toward eastbound Highway 24, traveling into oncoming lanes on the way.

What followed was a pursuit of varied speeds that traversed Highway 24, Interstate 680, and city streets in downtown and unincorporated Walnut Creek as the Infiniti was in and out of the sight of pursuing officers. Both Highway Patrol and Orinda police officers joined the chase on westbound Highway 24 .

By this point, a CHP helicopter had begun tracking the runaway car, and directed CHP units to catch up with it on Glorietta Boulevard and Meadowview Road. Hubbard said the CHP officers' announcement over loudspeakers that a helicopter was following him persuaded the driver, identified as Justin Linares, to stop and surrender about 12:50 p.m.

A Lafayette patrol cruiser was involved in a minor crash at Mt. Diablo Boulevard and Acalanes road near the end of the pursuit.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
^^damn sounds serious
Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
CHP helicopter.... tada!

If your chase last longer than 10 seconds you're gonna get caught.

A friend of my cousins back in the day ran from the cops down in riverside. Dude was doing over 160mph down the freeway and was home free so to speak... a helicopter followed him and they caught him when he had to stop for gas.

If you're driving on a suspended license you probably should be careful to follow ALL the laws. Especially stop signs for crying out loud. Glad he didn't kill anyone trying to avoid a citation.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Lurk
Hey if you're gonna do something, do it all the way.
thats right, do it big or go home........ or in this case... go to jail. he didnt do it big enough lol

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
No. NO. NO! Devil man! Devil 6-6-6, the mark of the beast! No! Naughty! Naughty jungle of love!

The Guy on the Couch: Hey, is it January?
Thurgood Jenkins: No, it's August.
The Guy on the Couch: Really?

For 400 dollars I got Jerry Garcia in a pouch, man!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i want your cocktail..............FRUIT!!

yea you should show ur friend this thread. make sure he has his flame suit on
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by PaulSTI
From http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12360875

LAFAYETTE — A 20-year-old Orinda man was arrested after leading officers from several police agencies on a multicity pursuit to avoid a ticket for running a stop sign, police said.

A Lafayette patrol officer saw a red Infiniti G35 run a stop sign on El Nido Ranch Road about 12:30 p.m., said police Chief Michael Hubbard. When the officer tried to stop the car, the driver sped off toward eastbound Highway 24, traveling into oncoming lanes on the way.

What followed was a pursuit of varied speeds that traversed Highway 24, Interstate 680, and city streets in downtown and unincorporated Walnut Creek as the Infiniti was in and out of the sight of pursuing officers. Both Highway Patrol and Orinda police officers joined the chase on westbound Highway 24 .

By this point, a CHP helicopter had begun tracking the runaway car, and directed CHP units to catch up with it on Glorietta Boulevard and Meadowview Road. Hubbard said the CHP officers' announcement over loudspeakers that a helicopter was following him persuaded the driver, identified as Justin Linares, to stop and surrender about 12:50 p.m.

A Lafayette patrol cruiser was involved in a minor crash at Mt. Diablo Boulevard and Acalanes road near the end of the pursuit.
Driving with a suspended license = stupid
Having weed on you while already breaking the law by driving = moronic
Being so arrogant to think that you don't need to stop at a stop sign, while doing 1 and 2 = plausible mental retardation
Old 05-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
thanks Paul for the article, I was looking for it!

Man justin, well altleast I saw you doing it...dam what a day.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
if anyone can find a vid that would be great
Old 05-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 08 WRX Hatch
what a ****ing idiot!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM

No mercy for the Lafayette cops. They do not abide the law in any way possible, if I had a video camera with me for the last 8 years i'd be a millionare from suing the city.

I remember one of those stupid pigs wrecked at 100+ on pleasant hill rd after reliez. Didn't see any other cars around.........he was just mobbing.

But ya

-200 for cops who make it a habit to break the law. Wish someone would investigate that dept.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
No mercy for the Lafayette cops. They do not abide the law in any way possible, if I had a video camera with me for the last 8 years i'd be a millionare from suing the city.

I remember one of those stupid pigs wrecked at 100+ on pleasant hill rd after reliez. Didn't see any other cars around.........he was just mobbing.

But ya

-200 for cops who make it a habit to break the law. Wish someone would investigate that dept.
I think you have the wrong thread?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
cant outrun motorola
Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
Smile

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I ran from a highway patrol cop that was standing at the 101N/92 interchange. He heard my exhaust, looked at me, and signaled me to pull over, but I got on the 92 and he couldn't get in his car fast enough to chase

fyi I wasn't even speeding.
Wow here is a written confession. Cop is like nailes ya.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
thanks Paul for the article, I was looking for it!

Man justin, well altleast I saw you doing it...dam what a day.
No problem, found it searching Google news this morning.

I found it interesting they didn't mention the weed, it was probably a pretty small stash as some people on here have already concluded.