my friday night...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:57 PM

Car Info: black bugeyed rex
Angry my friday night...

so im driving along 680 when a car swerves out of the way in front of me only to allow me to run over some chunk of metal and suddenly my car slams down and all i hear is loud thumping. i quickly pull off to the right only to realize that my brakes arent working at all so i use my e-brake until i come to a stop. i get out of the car and notice that there are 5 other cars right along the side of the road who have all hit something too. it turns out some god damn tow truck dropped a few freakin items on the road and suddenly weve got a few cracked rims, slashed up tires, and even some chick whos windshield cracked. so i think theres some suspension that needs to be worked on cause it doesnt look too good, i need some new rims (poor torques), new tires (the all seasons sucked anyway), my front bumper doesnt look too great, and for some reason my passenger door makes this creaking sound when you open up...well crap happens i guess. sorry for the long *** entry but i just needed to vent a little.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
where on 680 was this... sorry to hear...
Old 08-06-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Sucks man, somsone almost puked in my car tonight, but thats not as bad as your night.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:49 AM

Car Info: your mom.
that sux. did anyone call the cops?

at least nobody got hurt.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:55 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
damn 680 is just loaded with crap lately about 3 weeks after i bought my wagon i was on 680 and the tahoe in front of me drives over a piece of pipe and sent it whirrling into my scoop f'n gouged my hood broke off my scoop and dented my a pillar i was so pissed.
Got a STI scoop though out of the deal along with a new hood and stuff so im better now
Old 08-06-2005, 07:48 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Can't you talk to caltrans about this?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:13 AM

i was on 680 south right by the junction before 101. yeah no one got hurt, it couldve been a lot worse. im just not sure where to start on how to get about repairing, am i supposed to call my insurance company or am i supposed to contact the towing company whose fault it was. and yes the cops were out there and they made a police report. one cop was telling me that the whole thing might not be blamed on the tow truck company because it really depends on if the object that we hit was either in motion or if it was just sitting in the road. if it was just sitting there, then no one is to blame and i just have to suck it up and my insurance company will label it as just a collision. any ideas on what i should do?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
find out what tow truck dropped i.CAll them up and say you got whiplash and sue them. haha jk.thats too bad but just think it could have been worse
Old 08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
get a police report, contact your insurance. they will take care of it.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
if it fell off their truck it doesn't matter if it was just sitting there or not, they didn't have their load properly secured, thats bs
Old 08-06-2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by jdepould
if it fell off their truck it doesn't matter if it was just sitting there or not, they didn't have their load properly secured, thats bs
thats exactly what i was telling the cop.

this might sound like a dumb question, do you get to choose who works on your car when you go through the insurance company? and what if you want to upgrade some parts? can you just get a check from the insurance company and just add money to it?
Old 08-07-2005, 01:26 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I think you get a quote from whatever shops, as long as you have proof of how much it would cost you. Then they cut you the check and you do whatever you want with it, I suppose.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:26 AM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
As long as you have a 'road hazard' section of your insurance coverage, you're fine. I don't know of many auto insurance policies that DON'T cover it, but there are some. A police report is always helpful, as it lends credibility to your situation for the insurance company.

Earlier this week some POS pickup truck droped a couple of concrete boulders out on the back on 85 @ the 280 interchange. Watched it roll and bounce all over hell and creation, and finally into the front bumper of a Honda Accord with some old guy driving. If I had my camera handy, I'd have snapped a pic of the truck and called the CHP.

-Bis
Old 08-07-2005, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by Bismarck
As long as you have a 'road hazard' section of your insurance coverage, you're fine. I don't know of many auto insurance policies that DON'T cover it, but there are some. A police report is always helpful, as it lends credibility to your situation for the insurance company.

Earlier this week some POS pickup truck droped a couple of concrete boulders out on the back on 85 @ the 280 interchange. Watched it roll and bounce all over hell and creation, and finally into the front bumper of a Honda Accord with some old guy driving. If I had my camera handy, I'd have snapped a pic of the truck and called the CHP.

-Bis
why didn't you just call in the tag #?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
I didn't have a clear view of the plate, otherwise that's exactly what I would have done.

Quick Reply: my friday night...