Muy Thai in SF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Smiley_Face
Bump ! I know that this is a old thread, but I notice that a couple of you guys do Martial Arts in the City. I am looking for a good Muay Thai gym and I am willing to drive. I am currently training in San Shou but I feel like I outgrown my gym. My gym is more of a traditional Wushu type school, which I don't really have an interest in at this moment of my life. Unfortunately money is a factor since I am currently heading back to college.

Thanks
Unfortunately, quality of Muay Thai in the SF Bay Area has really slipped in the last few years since this thread. Probably the only really legit MT gym left would be Fight and Fitness -- Bunkerd has really started to sit back and relax these days, but Neungsiam ought to be still working pretty hard.

If you don't know who Neungsiam is, here's one of his pro fights against the greatest nak muay of the current generation, Saenchai PK Saenchaimuaythaigym. Neungsiam is in the blue corner FYI.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX STI
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Unfortunately, quality of Muay Thai in the SF Bay Area has really slipped in the last few years since this thread. Probably the only really legit MT gym left would be Fight and Fitness -- Bunkerd has really started to sit back and relax these days, but Neungsiam ought to be still working pretty hard.

If you don't know who Neungsiam is, here's one of his pro fights against the greatest nak muay of the current generation, Saenchai PK Saenchaimuaythaigym. Neungsiam is in the blue corner FYI.

I know about Fight and Fitness but parking sucks big time on South Van Ness. You are almost guarantee to get your car broken into by some crack head if you park there after the sunsets. I will go that path if I have too, but for now I will keep my options open. By any chance would you know any good gym down in the peninsula?

Last edited by Smiley_Face; 08-14-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
wing chun for the win

sorry lolol
Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Smiley_Face
By any chance would you know any good gym down in the peninsula?
I don't, but if you find out otherwise, let ME know please hahaha.