Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling >

Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling

Notices

Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling

Old 11-14-2013, 07:13 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
runboyrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Salinas
Posts: 1,502
Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling

Anyone know of any places around here that does fender rolling? Or rents out equipment? Need to roll my back fenders.
runboyrun is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
  #2  
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
pigboat_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eglin AFB
Posts: 533
Car Info: 02 Forester
RMS. Find them on CL.
pigboat_2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 PM
  #3  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Lowend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,292
Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
If you're willing to go to Hollister https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics Rich is an artist with fender rolling
Lowend is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 PM
  #4  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
runboyrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Salinas
Posts: 1,502
Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by Lowend View Post
If you're willing to go to Hollister https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics Rich is an artist with fender rolling
Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.
runboyrun is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 AM
  #5  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Lowend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,292
Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Tell Rich that Brett sent you... I worked with that guy for years
Lowend is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
  #6  
Roo
Forester Specialist
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 3,985
Car Info: '98/'04 Foresters (S & XT)
Originally Posted by runboyrun View Post
Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.
Another "I can't drive more than 10 miles" guy.

Roo is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
  #7  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by runboyrun View Post
Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.
He's just off the freeway. You won't find anyone local to do as good a job as cheap as he does it. It's not a very far drive. I do it regularly. He did my fenders. All 4.

If you don't want to drive... rent or buy a roller and do it yourself. Then you can sell the roller or rent it out to other people that want to do it themselves.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:23 AM
  #8  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
Another "I can't drive more than 10 miles" guy.

Yeah. I don't get it.

I drive out to fremont... literally around the corner from RMS for the wed night meet. That's a mid week meet that STARTS at 9pm. And I live in watsonville and work in salinas. I was out there last week.



Fact is... no shops in the area that I'd trust with my car. I'm sure he can find someone in salinas that has a roller. Just talk to body shops and wheel shops. I'm sure someone has one.

But RMS has a proven track record and he's cheap.

Hell... I called him coming down mt. hammy because I stuffed my brand new tires in to my fender. Dude fit me in and rolled all 4 fenders on the spot.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 11:43 AM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
runboyrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Salinas
Posts: 1,502
Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
I dont mind the drive, I just dont see it worthwhile in dropping half a tank of gas just to get a 60$ job done.
runboyrun is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM
  #10  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by runboyrun View Post
I dont mind the drive, I just dont see it worthwhile in dropping half a tank of gas just to get a 60$ job done.
$60 a fender.


Look at it this way... lots of places... you're looking at $100 a fender.

So you find a place local for $100 a fender. That's $400.

Go to RMS and pay the $60 a fender... that's $240.

So for $160 you spend $20 on gas. So all in all you saved $140 and got work done by someone you know. And it's the bay... there's always some other **** to do.

I usually put 2 or 3 things together so when I make the trip it's worth it.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:03 PM
  #11  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
runboyrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Salinas
Posts: 1,502
Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
$60 a fender.


Look at it this way... lots of places... you're looking at $100 a fender.

So you find a place local for $100 a fender. That's $400.

Go to RMS and pay the $60 a fender... that's $240.

So for $160 you spend $20 on gas. So all in all you saved $140 and got work done by someone you know. And it's the bay... there's always some other **** to do.

I usually put 2 or 3 things together so when I make the trip it's worth it.
RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.
runboyrun is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  #12  
Registered User
 
Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seaside, California
Posts: 184
Car Info: 90 s13 hb, 87 gts, 08 frontier
Originally Posted by runboyrun View Post
RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.
if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right
Jacare is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 PM
  #13  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
runboyrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Salinas
Posts: 1,502
Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by Jacare View Post
if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right
RMS is the place people have been recommending.
runboyrun is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:16 PM
  #14  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by runboyrun View Post
RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.
Even more reason to go. I can't remember what I paid. I had all 4 done and my rear pulled a little bit. Just know it was cheap and he did a solid job.

Seriously... you're not gonna find anyone reliable local that'll do it cheaper. Just set up an apt. and line up a few other things to do on the way there and back to make the drive worth it so the gas doesn't hurt as much.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 PM
  #15  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Jacare View Post
if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right
wut?
OneManArmy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.