i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/monterey-bay-area-fender-rolling-255538/)

runboyrun 11-14-2013 07:13 PM

Monterey Bay Area Fender Rolling

Anyone know of any places around here that does fender rolling? Or rents out equipment? Need to roll my back fenders.

pigboat_2 11-14-2013 08:27 PM

RMS. Find them on CL.

Lowend 11-14-2013 08:48 PM

If you're willing to go to Hollister [url]https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics[/url] Rich is an artist with fender rolling

runboyrun 11-14-2013 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Lowend;3464607]If you're willing to go to Hollister [url]https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics[/url] Rich is an artist with fender rolling[/QUOTE]

Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.

Lowend 11-15-2013 07:47 AM

Tell Rich that Brett sent you... I worked with that guy for years

Roo 11-15-2013 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=runboyrun;3464628]Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.[/QUOTE]

Another "I can't drive more than 10 miles" guy.

:noidea:

OneManArmy 11-15-2013 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=runboyrun;3464628]Thanks I messaged them on facebook.

RMS looks like they are up in sanjose fremont area. Rather not drive that far for something simple like this.[/QUOTE]

He's just off the freeway. You won't find anyone local to do as good a job as cheap as he does it. It's not a very far drive. I do it regularly. He did my fenders. All 4.

If you don't want to drive... rent or buy a roller and do it yourself. Then you can sell the roller or rent it out to other people that want to do it themselves.

OneManArmy 11-15-2013 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=Roo;3464711]Another "I can't drive more than 10 miles" guy.

:noidea:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I don't get it.

I drive out to fremont... literally around the corner from RMS for the wed night meet. That's a mid week meet that STARTS at 9pm. And I live in watsonville and work in salinas. I was out there last week.

Fact is... no shops in the area that I'd trust with my car. I'm sure he can find someone in salinas that has a roller. Just talk to body shops and wheel shops. I'm sure someone has one.

But RMS has a proven track record and he's cheap.

Hell... I called him coming down mt. hammy because I stuffed my brand new tires in to my fender. Dude fit me in and rolled all 4 fenders on the spot.

runboyrun 11-15-2013 11:43 AM

I dont mind the drive, I just dont see it worthwhile in dropping half a tank of gas just to get a 60$ job done.

OneManArmy 11-15-2013 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=runboyrun;3464768]I dont mind the drive, I just dont see it worthwhile in dropping half a tank of gas just to get a 60$ job done.[/QUOTE]

$60 a fender.

Look at it this way... lots of places... you're looking at $100 a fender.

So you find a place local for $100 a fender. That's $400.

Go to RMS and pay the $60 a fender... that's $240.

So for $160 you spend $20 on gas. So all in all you saved $140 and got work done by someone you know. And it's the bay... there's always some other **** to do.

I usually put 2 or 3 things together so when I make the trip it's worth it.

runboyrun 11-15-2013 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3464794]$60 a fender.

Look at it this way... lots of places... you're looking at $100 a fender.

So you find a place local for $100 a fender. That's $400.

Go to RMS and pay the $60 a fender... that's $240.

So for $160 you spend $20 on gas. So all in all you saved $140 and got work done by someone you know. And it's the bay... there's always some other **** to do.

I usually put 2 or 3 things together so when I make the trip it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.

Jacare 11-15-2013 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=runboyrun;3464804]RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.[/QUOTE]

if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right

runboyrun 11-15-2013 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jacare;3464851]if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right[/QUOTE]
RMS is the place people have been recommending.

OneManArmy 11-15-2013 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=runboyrun;3464804]RMS is 30$ a fender according to their craigslist posts. And I only need the rears done.[/QUOTE]

Even more reason to go. I can't remember what I paid. I had all 4 done and my rear pulled a little bit. Just know it was cheap and he did a solid job.

Seriously... you're not gonna find anyone reliable local that'll do it cheaper. Just set up an apt. and line up a few other things to do on the way there and back to make the drive worth it so the gas doesn't hurt as much.

OneManArmy 11-15-2013 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=Jacare;3464851]if i were you, i'd much rather go to a place and get it done the right way since he has experience with your specific model, while at the same time getting it done by an individual who has helped the community by passing the savings.

Much rather that then go to some sketchy spot who charges you half the price for half the quality. Most people can agree (i have a few friends who have had experience with them) that he does exceptional job for the price. get it done once, get it done right[/QUOTE]

wut?