Mod Friendly dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
I highly doubt an approximated 15hp/tq and 2psi boost increase would do severe damage to the clutch parts. Just take your car to the dealer as is. Leave the tune on i bet they won't even say anything and if they do just admit that you have a simple ECU reflash. Most of the time when your honest their willing to work with you.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Originally Posted by aznpride65o
just dont go to stevens creek. Those bastards.
I agree! Stay away from Stevens Creek when it comes to service. just go for parts. Those guys **** me off over a year ago and I am still pissed at them.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by PROcede
I highly doubt an approximated 15hp/tq and 2psi boost increase would do severe damage to the clutch parts. Just take your car to the dealer as is. Leave the tune on i bet they won't even say anything and if they do just admit that you have a simple ECU reflash. Most of the time when your honest their willing to work with you.
Nope they wont.

Come on brembos, and wheels = broken crankshaft pulley? I don't think so.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I think OP mentioned on Instagram that his warranty was denied due to modifications yesterday. I'm looking at the picture of the description he posted.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM

Car Info: '12 STI
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
I agree! Stay away from Stevens Creek when it comes to service. just go for parts. Those guys **** me off over a year ago and I am still pissed at them.
They pissed me off 10 years ago. It's impressive that they still haven't changed after all these years.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
Those guys broke my car when i simply came in for warranty work, then charged me for it. I would never go back to them. I would only go to them for parts and thats it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 AM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
Originally Posted by Lorry
So...

You do your own maintenance. Your car has been modified to produce more power. You are now having problems with the clutch.

You want the dealer to look at this as a warranty issue?

Sorry, but this seems really unfair to me.
lol this guy... yea i do my own oil changes and stage 1 and miraculously my clutch has a problem
Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Lorry
So...

You do your own maintenance. Your car has been modified to produce more power. You are now having problems with the clutch.

You want the dealer to look at this as a warranty issue?

Sorry, but this seems really unfair to me.
this mother****er must work at a dealership -_-
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Dova
I think OP mentioned on Instagram that his warranty was denied due to modifications yesterday. I'm looking at the picture of the description he posted.
lol, i don't use instagram,

Also, Thanks for the input guys, if the issue becomes serious, I'll take it into the dealership and cross my fingers
Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
Originally Posted by rau
this mother****er must work at a dealership -_-
lol comment just made my day
Old 10-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
lol, i don't use instagram,

Also, Thanks for the input guys, if the issue becomes serious, I'll take it into the dealership and cross my fingers
lol sorry then there's another guy with the same problem you have from SF.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Its probably your clutch fork that's inside the tranny making that noise. I'm just trying to give you an idea, but I would go to any suby cert. Shop and let them check it out.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by seckSti
lol comment just made my day
I've been gone for months, and the new guy comments on my post. thank you!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Impreza STI
Take it to Carlsen Subaru, PROcede can personally tell you that they are easy going with mods, the only thing they note down is car is highly modified but will continue to do warranty work on it. I know that the 2011 WRX's have a lot of clutch issues and the warranty repair is to replace everything except the clutch disc (unless the clutch disc is messed up of course), but just like any other warranty issue they must be able to verify the problem. And yes I do work at Carlsen Subaru as a tech and I do look out for my fellow i-clubbers when they come through our dealer. The only thing is make sure you talk to Howard, our service manager, he's much more easy going than Joe Sui (supervisor).

Last edited by Riceboi907; 10-14-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by Riceboi907
Take it to Carlsen Subaru, PROcede can personally tell you that they are easy going with mods, the only thing they note down is car is highly modified but will continue to do warranty work on it. I know that the 2011 WRX's have a lot of clutch issues and the warranty repair is to replace everything except the clutch disc (unless the clutch disc is messed up of course), but just like any other warranty issue they must be able to verify the problem. And yes I do work at Carlsen Subaru as a tech and I do look out for my fellow i-clubbers when they come through our dealer. The only thing is make sure you talk to Howard, our service manager, he's much more easy going than Joe Sui (supervisor).
With this being said I can personally vouche for Carlsen doing great work and still doing warranty work on my car for non-related engine issues. They've always been really helpful and fit me in for services when I was in a pinch. They are one of the better dealerships that are up to date on some issues of the 2011+ WRX/STi and take care of them without any fuss. Kevin and Howard are great people and of the many dealerships they have provided the best customer service to my car and I.

Also just to put this out there, even with a fellow i clubber working there don't expect special treatment or anything. I go in there knowing I could be denied work on anything and I don't expect riceboi907 to try and put himself out there for me. It's just a nice thought knowing someone from the community is watching and would let me know if they were joy riding my car. If he looks out for me on anything else that's just a plus and him being a nice guy.

Quick Reply: Mod Friendly dealership?