Look What I Found in My Backyard!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:00 PM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Originally Posted by RSA WRX
most poisonest
Now THAT is some funny ish right there!

But yeah... gimme a spider over a SNAKE ANY effing day of the week!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by RSA WRX
isn't that the Brown Lacroce? They are one of the most poisonest spiders to humans on the West Coast.... not good if they living in your home.
brown recluse? they don't live in california. period. there's a very slim chance of one coming in with someone moving here from the south. out there, they're very common and nobody freaks out about them. it's not as dangerous as the media makes it out to be.

i had a big *** rattle snake crash my wedding reception in foresthill. all the city folk on my side were avoiding it like the plauge. the country folk on my wifes side were all calm about it.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:37 PM

Car Info: civic
damn. So far i've found 3 black widows in my garage. =\

sucks.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

i f'ing hate black widows. the good news is if you dont screw with them, they won't screw with you. i see them in my garage every couple of weeks, never ever found one in the house.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:59 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by RussB
i f'ing hate black widows. the good news is if you dont screw with them, they won't screw with you. i see them in my garage every couple of weeks, never ever found one in the house.

i just kill em since i have a younger sister at home.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Damn, bad news for me then since i do mess with them. I know i shouldnt, but it must be that inner kid in me, always wanting to catch and torment bugs. But still, i dont mess wit da ones that are guarding their eggs, them bastards are VICIOUS wen it comes to their young, but a can of RAID solves that problem up really quick, hehe.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
i hate spiders cause u cant really see them , at least snakes u have a chance
Old 09-03-2004, 07:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
We have Black Widows in our garage, I just put em in water bottles and let em run out of O2.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by AWD 20T
We have Black Widows in our garage, I just put em in water bottles and let em run out of O2.
You know karma is gonna come around and get your a$$ for that....
Old 09-03-2004, 09:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
brown recluse? they don't live in california. period. there's a very slim chance of one coming in with someone moving here from the south. out there, they're very common and nobody freaks out about them. it's not as dangerous as the media makes it out to be.

i had a big *** rattle snake crash my wedding reception in foresthill. all the city folk on my side were avoiding it like the plauge. the country folk on my wifes side were all calm about it.

not totally true. Their family members are found in several other places...I've seen them. I used to live in the mojave desert. The desert recluse lives there. Hasn't been quite as studied as the regular brown but is capable of some serious damage. There is also the arizona recluse and some others. The brown recluse itself is found in large number in the south...lik texas, oklahoma, la, etc. there was just a report of some craziness I remember reading. Lady got bit a few times during a week. couldn't figure out why the hell she was getting bit like every night. They finally pulled the bed back. Like a 100 of those things behind the bed. like aracnophobia and ****.

I've seen some nutty crap living out in the desert. HUGE scorpions. Rattlers like a good 8 feet long. I never used to be scared. Now that I know better....damn nutty crap I did as a child....

I got bit by a black widow as a young child..like 5 or so. Got hospitalized. High fever. Don't remember much else of it.

Freakin snakes man...creap me out now. I remember my freshman year of high school my friends sister comes running in the house yelling about a giant snake...so me being stupid...I run outside full speed...don't know what it is...I see it and just freaking jump from on it...just missed it's head...it had just enough space to come around and bike me in the leg...got caught in my pants and I jump up and down and kicked it and it took off. Was like a 5/6 foot king snake or some ****.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
man i got side tracked.

I was meaning to post to say you and your neighbors are crazy people. just pick up a giant rattle snake with a shouvel...I'd freaking blow it up or something..I watched this movie about rattle snakes that got effected by some nuclear waste or something...they were like crazy big and aggressive and what not....ever since then...snakes freak me out.

those black and yellow spiders are around the SC mountains quite a bit...they seem to like pine trees.

we were cutting down our christmas tree one year... I am running around...16 probably...trying to find the best tree....then whap. strait into one of those giant webs those things weave...damn spider was on my face. things are not small.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 1986 Toyota Mr2, 2002 Subaru WRX wagon
i love those little bastards. j/k i have to agree with black widows though they kinda keep to them selves. but its fun to spray them with nitro and light em up.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:30 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
One of the lady here at worked called me out front yesterday, there was a cute little gopher snake sunning on the walk. I messed with it a little and he got all pissed off. They will mimic a rattle snake when pissed off. They vibrate their tail and will even flatten their head to give it a more triangle shape.

Never caught a rattler before, but my brother got bit by one once. That was exciting. haha

And I see you found one of the very rare 'Seven Legged Dust Bunny Spiders'
Old 09-03-2004, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Racenut
And I see you found one of the very rare 'Seven Legged Dust Bunny Spiders'
lmao. i just noticed that.

cats are the bestest way to kill spiders in the house. i never see any.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 04sti
u should've taken the spiders and put them by the snake and let them fight it out

Quick Reply: Look What I Found in My Backyard!