73.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus GS300 or Infinity G35?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by LGT Mark
05-09 Subie Legacy!
Naw I'd like to try something other than a subaru at the moment. I've had 4 and I know I'll go back to a few more down the road lol.

Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
I voted G35. I own a G37 and if you are looking to cruise and push it at times it's a great car. Almost 50k miles on her and not one single issue, but then again the car is basically stock minus suspension mods. Are you going to keep the Suby? If you can I suggest you do you'll miss it when it's gone.
Naw I won't be keeping the suby. I'm not sure if I'm staying overseas or moving back to the states. If I go back to the states I can't bring it with me, but if I stay overseas I can.

Originally Posted by dorifto88
g35's are nice, make sure to get a sedan... generally speaking though g35 owners are mehhhhhh =/
ehhhhh I don't dig the g35 in sedan form

Originally Posted by fizay
He's in Japan though. Get an older SC body!
Thought about it long before I got my RA, but didn't see any i liked on this island.

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Pass me your STI RA
Come to Okinawa and it's yours for 4k
Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
I say go with the g35. They are nice cars and can look super clean with a couple mods. Almost got one myself but it was when I was depressed due to a blown motor. Glad I didn't sell my car thats for sure!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I know you're tired of the GC8, and I know exactly why... It's harsh... Lots of body flex, lots of noise, lots of "rawness". The car is anything BUT a luxury car, but I have to say, the GD chassis fixes almost all of the GC's problems. Moving from a 2000RS to an 07 STi is like a night and day difference, but even with an 07 STi, it's still harsh and probably not what you're looking for... HOWEVER, I wouldn't write off every Subaru because of the Impreza line. My friend has a Forester XT (06 I think?) which is VERY comfortable with it's plush leather, nice interior and stereo (he has a butt ton of stereo stuff), but even with all that, the car still has great handling and great acceleration thanks to the 2.5L turbo engine. His is an automatic and has some aftermarket motor mods, but even still it's quiet and smooth as heck. Remember that the Subaru platform is SUPER familiar and you have the hookup when it comes to getting parts and help, so getting a high end legacy or forester might not be a bad idea.

You'll also be pretty unique since every other car on the road is a G35 (or so it seems)... Not only that, but they are slow as hell. The Lexus isn't only slow, but it's big and handles like a pig... It looks nicer and will give you more of a "status" but you're still going to give up a ton of performance just to have a more luxurious car. You CAN have the best of both worlds, and that is the realm of the Forester or Legacy. I don't know exactly why you're writing them off, but I can tell you that the newer models are leaps and bounds above the GC age impreza.

I totally understand why you're "over" your GC8... I got rid of my RS for the same reason, I just lost all interest in having such a "cheap" performance car. Sure, it handled GREAT and did it's job at performing on and off the track, but god, it SUCKED for daily driving, especially when compared to something nicer, like a performance luxury car... The new STi's however, they are totally different than their older brother, the GC8... Just totally different cars. The legacy and the forester are also completely different from the GC, they might as well have a different badge since you can't compare the two at all... You'd never guess that the new legacy is a Subaru, especially if you're from the GC world. Just go drive one and see... You can find a mid 2000's car for pretty cheap and you know how to fix it, and how to get parts, etc. What do you have to lose by test driving one?

Last edited by brucelee; 10-08-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Hatteroo
Naw I'd like to try something other than a subaru at the moment. I've had 4 and I know I'll go back to a few more down the road lol.

Naw I won't be keeping the suby. I'm not sure if I'm staying overseas or moving back to the states. If I go back to the states I can't bring it with me, but if I stay overseas I can.

ehhhhh I don't dig the g35 in sedan form

Thought about it long before I got my RA, but didn't see any i liked on this island.

Come to Okinawa and it's yours for 4k
You don't think I'll fly up there? ha I actually have 4k laying around here. Let's talk
Old 10-09-2010, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
I vote G35.
The GS together with the TL is an up and coming car in the ghettos.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 06 LGT Wagon
JZS chassis vote, I only suggest the GS400 and GS430. Never get the GS300 it's underpowered and slow.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I know you're tired of the GC8, and I know exactly why... It's harsh... Lots of body flex, lots of noise, lots of "rawness". The car is anything BUT a luxury car, but I have to say, the GD chassis fixes almost all of the GC's problems. Moving from a 2000RS to an 07 STi is like a night and day difference, but even with an 07 STi, it's still harsh and probably not what you're looking for... HOWEVER, I wouldn't write off every Subaru because of the Impreza line. My friend has a Forester XT (06 I think?) which is VERY comfortable with it's plush leather, nice interior and stereo (he has a butt ton of stereo stuff), but even with all that, the car still has great handling and great acceleration thanks to the 2.5L turbo engine. His is an automatic and has some aftermarket motor mods, but even still it's quiet and smooth as heck. Remember that the Subaru platform is SUPER familiar and you have the hookup when it comes to getting parts and help, so getting a high end legacy or forester might not be a bad idea.

You'll also be pretty unique since every other car on the road is a G35 (or so it seems)... Not only that, but they are slow as hell. The Lexus isn't only slow, but it's big and handles like a pig... It looks nicer and will give you more of a "status" but you're still going to give up a ton of performance just to have a more luxurious car. You CAN have the best of both worlds, and that is the realm of the Forester or Legacy. I don't know exactly why you're writing them off, but I can tell you that the newer models are leaps and bounds above the GC age impreza.

I totally understand why you're "over" your GC8... I got rid of my RS for the same reason, I just lost all interest in having such a "cheap" performance car. Sure, it handled GREAT and did it's job at performing on and off the track, but god, it SUCKED for daily driving, especially when compared to something nicer, like a performance luxury car... The new STi's however, they are totally different than their older brother, the GC8... Just totally different cars. The legacy and the forester are also completely different from the GC, they might as well have a different badge since you can't compare the two at all... You'd never guess that the new legacy is a Subaru, especially if you're from the GC world. Just go drive one and see... You can find a mid 2000's car for pretty cheap and you know how to fix it, and how to get parts, etc. What do you have to lose by test driving one?
You pretty much summed it up Daniel. Like I said I've had a 00 RS, 98RS w/wrx swap, 95 JDM wrx, and now a 95 sti ra. The RA is a really nice car, but I'm definently done with 93-01 Imprezas for a while. I do really like foresters, but it would need to be like an 04 FXT or something similar ie Adam@ LIC's old forester was amazing and I loved how it looked too.

As far as maintanence goes on a subaru I'm not worried since they're pretty easy and been around them for several years so its all good for the easy stuff. I just really want to try a different platform and always have loved how the Lexus GS 2nd gen looked and not worried about going fast BUT...if I get to stay overseas I'm contemplating a Toyota Aristo V300 aka lexus gs w/a supra 2jzgte motor

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
You don't think I'll fly up there? ha I actually have 4k laying around here. Let's talk
haha nooooo ballllllls

I'm going to put it back to stock and start to put it up for sale after I do so. I need to remove TBE, 4pot/2pot, sway bars, etc. Going to leave my SPT springs on there though.

Originally Posted by SUMBARU
JZS chassis vote, I only suggest the GS400 and GS430. Never get the GS300 it's underpowered and slow.
I was looking at the GS300 just because its a bit cheaper than the 400/430 and slightly better on gas. I just really want the luxury feel of the car and the looks of it. It's definently not a status thing with me.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
I'm going to put it back to stock and start to put it up for sale after I do so. I need to remove TBE, 4pot/2pot, sway bars, etc. Going to leave my SPT springs on there though.
Hobby shop teardown party! If I were still there, I'd wait 'til your **** ends up in the lemon lot and then scoop it up vulture style. Hahaha.

If you're staying, why not a chaser or Mark II? I always loved those things for big body cars.

Personally I'd get an S15 though.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
Hobby shop teardown party! If I were still there, I'd wait 'til your **** ends up in the lemon lot and then scoop it up vulture style. Hahaha.

If you're staying, why not a chaser or Mark II? I always loved those things for big body cars.

Personally I'd get an S15 though.
I think my JCI is actually due in feb/march '11 and I'm trying to sell it with enough JCI left on it that someone doesn't throw a ***** fit and try to rape me on price.

I like the Mark IIs and a few of my friends have them...I love this Tour V

But it's a little too big body for me in Oki and on top of that I don't know/won't know for a few months what my assignment will be. So I really can't buy something I could take overseas with me. And S15s are awesome, but I'm not looking for another go fast car like that right now.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 PM

I think my JCI is actually due in feb/march '11 and I'm trying to sell it with enough JCI left on it that someone doesn't throw a ***** fit and try to rape me on price.
Good idea on the JCI thing. Most people in Oki are literally just looking to buy the longest JCI period. People tend to wait too long in Oki, that's how cars end up in the front of the barracks with a "free" sign on them.

So I really can't buy something I could take overseas with me.
I don't understand this sentence (is there a typo, or am I retarded). If you're going to buy a car in Oki, it doesn't really matter if they make it in the states or not, because there's no way it's going to make it back here anyway.

And S15s are awesome, but I'm not looking for another go fast car like that right now.
I was just kidding about the S15 (although I really would get one ).
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Good idea on the JCI thing. Most people in Oki are literally just looking to buy the longest JCI period. People tend to wait too long in Oki, that's how cars end up in the front of the barracks with a "free" sign on them.

I don't understand this sentence (is there a typo, or am I retarded). If you're going to buy a car in Oki, it doesn't really matter if they make it in the states or not, because there's no way it's going to make it back here anyway.

I was just kidding about the S15 (although I really would get one ).
Yup people are that finicky when it comes to JCI, which is a HUGE scam in itself. It's a largely ridiculous cost to the car owner to pay. A few taxes like road/weight tax is fine, but their plate system is ****ing stupid.

Yeah there was a typo as there should have been a comma, before the so. What I was trying to say is that I don't know if I'm staying overseas or not and if I was I'd buy a car that I could take with me to another overseas location. If I bought a car here now then more than likely I can't bring it to the states due to EPA/NHTSA regulations.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 PM

Yeah there was a typo as there should have been a comma, before the so. What I was trying to say is that I don't know if I'm staying overseas or not and if I was I'd buy a car that I could take with me to another overseas location. If I bought a car here now then more than likely I can't bring it to the states due to EPA/NHTSA regulations.
Makes way more sense that way.

Also, I hear Aristos are kokujo magnets . You could probably fit 3 in the trunk and have yourself a party on base where you can actually drink.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5RS
in my opinion, i would go for IS350 instead of G35...
Old 10-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Makes way more sense that way.

Also, I hear Aristos are kokujo magnets . You could probably fit 3 in the trunk and have yourself a party on base where you can actually drink.
haha I haven't seen those around in a while, then again I haven't gone down to Naha in months. There certainly are some around gate2 on the weekends though

Originally Posted by hampster92188
in my opinion, i would go for IS350 instead of G35...
me too, but I'm not looking to spend that kinda coin.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
...if I get to stay overseas I'm contemplating a Toyota Aristo V300 aka lexus gs w/a supra 2jzgte motor
I was going to wholly recommend the Aristo until I saw you beat me to it. No discussion, perfect balance of power and comfort imo. Another plus is being able to fit it with Junction Produce bits, and then you'll really be pickin' up the ladies.

Quick Reply: Lexus GS300 or Infinity G35?