Law student "Schools" Cop on his gun rights...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Those of you who are on the cops side are the exact reason why SOME cops violate rights as often and blatantly as they do.

now granted in this situation the officers did not violate the persons rights but he sure tried too, and would have if they were dealing with the average citizen that doesn't understand his rights in the first place (which sadly is the majority)

Last edited by zumnwrx; 02-24-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
you realize the cop is only there because people were freaked out and he HAD to be there right? why on earth are you glad that a cop that obviously isn't a power tripping ******* is being given a hard time?
I'm glad when any cop is given a hard time. Just my honest opinion, sorry if it offends anyone.

Also, would that cop have been so polite had he not been on camera? Me thinks not.

Some questions:

Was he waving a gun around? Pointing at things/People? Did he have it in his hand and walking down the street with it? Was it holstered? Sadly the video doesn't provide any more info, but I assume if he's a law student he was complying with all local laws.

If he just had it holstered and was complying with laws, that officer had no right to stop him unless he was suspected of committing a crime. I don't buy the fact that people called the cops on him, and even if they did, what are they calling them about? Some guy who owns a gun is legally carrying openly?

I don't know about Portland open carry laws, but I know here you can open carry an unloaded firearm in public as long as it's holstered, so I imagine in Oregon where gun laws are much more lax that he had every right to carry openly.

Again that's just speculation based off the little info that we have, but back to the original topic.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
+1,000,000!!! its even worse if he is having a bad day....
I don't believe I know you, or have ever seen your screen name.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee

I don't know about Portland open carry laws, but I know here you can open carry an unloaded firearm in public as long as it's holstered.
AB144 passed and was signed into law. Effective January 1, 2012, it is illegal to open carry (unloaded or otherwise) a handgun in most of California.

nope not any more pal
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
AB144 passed and was signed into law. Effective January 1, 2012, it is illegal to open carry (unloaded or otherwise) a handgun in most of California.

nope not any more pal
Yeah, actually I knew about that... But still, what do you expect from CommieFornia?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
I don't believe I know you, or have ever seen your screen name.

All Im saying is, U might end up messing with the wrong person having a bad day and end up like these guys.....

YouTube
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

All Im saying is, U might end up messing with the wrong person having a bad day and end up like these guys.....

YouTube
the Carly's JR a bad example of police brutality haha... sorry to inform you but those officers had every right to shoot that idiot...

he was holding a pipe bender IIRC and IMO was about to swing it at the officer that was trying to use non lethal force (tazer) to subdue him.

i know officers that refuse to carry a tazer for this very reason... had the other officer not been there i think those filming would have caught quite a different set of events.

2nd one of the BART police is another example of why some cops refuse to carry tazers... he drew his firearm on accident which when the adenine is pumping was a grave mistake.

the rest of the video id like to forget haha

Last edited by zumnwrx; 02-24-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Yeah, actually I knew about that... But still, what do you expect from CommieFornia?
I think you some how mixed up fascism and communism. a fascist state would dictate the things like being able to carry a firearm, or basically any aspect of your life. A communist state would mean... well you'd be on a farm busting your *** in a communist state, instead of *****ing about things on the internet. Having a government (state or federal) decide on issues such as conceal or open carry weapons is fundamentally against the concept of communism.

but it's ok to use wrong political terms as long as its sensationalistic, amirite?

Those of you who are on the cops side are the exact reason why cops violate rights as often and blatantly as they do.

ummm, what?

Last edited by w0ng3r; 02-24-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

ummm, what?
of course not ALL officers! BUT those that do only do it because the average citizen complies under the assumption that hes the law and its the law.

if anyone reading is a officer themselves please don't act like you don't know any fellow officers like that

FWIW i edited my video to say SOME sorry

Last edited by zumnwrx; 02-24-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 PM

if anyone reading is a officer themselves please don't act like you don't know any fellow officers like that
Chris Dorner did!

too soon?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
VIP Member

hahahahaha the thin blue line can sleep easy now that hes dead.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM

I think you some how mixed up fascism and communism. a fascist state would dictate the things like being able to carry a firearm, or basically any aspect of your life. A communist state would mean... well you'd be on a farm busting your *** in a communist state, instead of *****ing about things on the internet. Having a government (state or federal) decide on issues such as conceal or open carry weapons is fundamentally against the concept of communism.

but it's ok to use wrong political terms as long as its sensationalistic, amirite?

ummm, what?
I call it Commiefornia because of the gun bans they try to pass every 4 years. You can go ahead and look up communism and gun laws. Take any communist country, and look into how they handle guns. If CA could have its way, all guns would be banned. Not sure why you're trying to start stuff with me.

I hear China has really lax gun laws...

Last edited by brucelee; 02-25-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:27 AM

YouTube

Who are you again?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Marx's ideas of communism, which work under the following ideals:

1) Everyone gives up some of their right to free choice for the good of society.
2) Because everyone gives up part of their free choice, the government can then distribute jobs which everyone will perform to better society.
3) Since everyone is working towards building a better society, then society will be better off.

And how it relates to gun control:

1) Everyone will give up their right to own a gun for the good of society.
2) Because everyone is giving up their gun, then there will be no murder using guns because no one will have access to them.
3) Since there will be no murder using guns, then society will be better off.

Sound like CA to anyone else? Sure does to me.

Good try wonger, but you're wronger.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM

I call it Commiefornia because of the gun bans they try to pass every 4 years. You can go ahead and look up communism and gun laws. Take any communist country, and look into how they handle guns. If CA could have its way, all guns would be banned. Not sure why you're trying to start stuff with me.

I hear China has really lax gun laws...
China is communistic only in name, they are pretty capitalistic if you haven't realized.

You can make the comparison of "trying to pass stuff every 4 years", but that doesn't necessarily make it true. Just because a country is "communist" (Be it in name or a loose adaptation of the ideology) doesn't automatically mean they will ban guns.

what about other countries that ban or heavily regulate the ownership of firearms? are you going to include France, the UK, Germany, Australia etc as communist states?

I'm not here to say "RAH RAH RAH TAKE AWAY ALL THE GUNS!" (That isn't even what obama is trying to accomplish, but that's what the groups like the NRA makes it seem like in an effort to seem sensationalistic to the ill-informed), I am just pointing out the fact that you should take a step back and examine what you said.

Quick Reply: Law student "Schools" Cop on his gun rights...