Just bought a new STI over the weekend, but not very happy!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
Just bought a new STI over the weekend, but not very happy!!

well...it not about the car, it the sales.

somehow it is part of my fault too, due to picking the car up at sunday night, because they told me that the last one with the gold wheel + 2008. When I go check out the car, that guy Peter Owen told me that " don't worry, we only sell factory new cars. If you (me) found anything within a week, we (dealer) will restore it to factory new." I asked him twice before I walk in and talk about the deal. I also asked him one more time before I leave the dealer, since I found spilled soda in the cup holder.

one small rock chipped in the front bumper, left rear door had a chipped that you can see the metal (very small, but deep), soda spilled in the cup holder, right rear wheel is scuff (I've been driving way too long to not notice I clip the side of the wheel) ...I can only saw those in the morning...

took it back last nite, told him about the wheel...and he is giving that " oh...not sure if we (dealer) can do much about it, cause it steel...maybe they can paint it (I think he is talking about put some paint over the scuff)."

so I told him no, I want it replace...and I also told him that if I scuff it...the tire will had marks, too...(they put those tire gloss at detail), and of cause I was pissed since I didn't scuff it.

gonna take it back today again and fight for it...hope that they give me a better answer today.

I just wasn't careful enough...WHat should I do?!?
alan'08
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
live with it, sounds like minor stuff that would get eaten up anyways.

seriously doesnt sound like the fight is worth it to me. At least IMO.

then again, im more about performance that the aestethics of a car.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 AM

but on a new car?? seriously, scuffed wheel?? come on now, so you wouldn 't mind if I sell you a brand new scuffed wheel??

alan'08
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
how many miles where on the car?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
give em hell again since they agreed to restore it if anything showed up within week
Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Did you get any of it in writing? Hate to say it, but handshake deals are not what they used to be. When I was buying my car 3 years ago I was offered some wild **** perks to entice me to buy, but very few wanted to put it into the actual contract of sale...I always get anything I am promised in writing.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
how many miles where on the car?
sounds liek it was driven for a bit
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by tamko
but on a new car?? seriously, scuffed wheel?? come on now, so you wouldn 't mind if I sell you a brand new scuffed wheel??

alan'08
ask them to fix the wheel, and learn to live with the rock chips I know it's hard, I have like 60 on my front bumper because 08 paint SUCKS!

BUT, ALL of that stuff was visible when you bought the car, which makes it your liability... sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 AM

the car had 290 on it, I know...but it a last one 2008...I contact 4-6 dealer, that the only dealer had the one I wanted...

and no...nothing is writen down, I kinda know how the handshake deal is...but isn't a promised on word is still legal in law?? haha...just asking

alan'08
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
A promised word isn't viable in court. Honestly, those things are soo minor... did they clean the soda spill atleast? that sounds like the worst of it. As for the rock chips .... those are going to happen regardless of what you do... hell, you might have caused them on the way home from the dealership....

As for the rim "scuff" is it curbed or what? i don't understand what you are saying by "scuffed" .... I don't know, if the rim is curbed then id have them replace it, yet if they say it's not curbed when they sold it to you, you are SOL most likely =X....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by medicSTi
ask them to fix the wheel, and learn to live with the rock chips I know it's hard, I have like 60 on my front bumper because 08 paint SUCKS!

BUT, ALL of that stuff was visible when you bought the car, which makes it your liability... sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.
well...I knew they are not going to repaint the chipped, which I'm alright with that...just the wheel which I'm sure I will fight for...

anyway, ~_~
alan'08
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM

I feel for you... look at it like battle scars
Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sharky
A promised word isn't viable in court. Honestly, those things are soo minor... did they clean the soda spill atleast? that sounds like the worst of it. As for the rock chips .... those are going to happen regardless of what you do... hell, you might have caused them on the way home from the dealership....

As for the rim "scuff" is it curbed or what? i don't understand what you are saying by "scuffed" .... I don't know, if the rim is curbed then id have them replace it, yet if they say it's not curbed when they sold it to you, you are SOL most likely =X....
I think it was curbed somehow, but hope that I can get it replace... ~_~"
alan'08
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
the car had 290 on it, I know...but it a last one 2008...I contact 4-6 dealer, that the only dealer had the one I wanted...

and no...nothing is writen down, I kinda know how the handshake deal is...but isn't a promised on word is still legal in law?? haha...just asking

alan'08
290 hard miles no doubt
Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
10.07.85 - 05.22.10

Car Info: 2007 STI
the car had 290 on it, I know...but it a last one 2008...I contact 4-6 dealer, that the only dealer had the one I wanted..
Don't ever buy a new car with 290 on it, especially an 08 STI that is known to have engine problems on the factory tune. How does the car run? With all that abuse I would want to have a compression check done for peace of mind

Did you at least get $7000 off and 0% for 63 months?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought a new STI over the weekend, but not very happy!!