Im prepared for the flaming, but i need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
we use their (Crawford) off the shelf products, this includes: pistons, rods, and GT35R turbo kit and we still run our stock ECU w/ ecutek reflash AND stock boost controller

from our blog:

Model: 2004 STi
Weight: 2900 lbs. (Dry), 3210 (Loaded w/ fuel and driver)
WHP: 500
Torque: 400
Fuel: e85
Motor: Crawford Performance 2.5L S3L-IR (Assembly by LIC)
Turbo Kit: Crawford Performance GT35R w/ BIG FMIC
Fuel Supply: Crawford Performance Surge/AOS Tank, Fuel Rails
Tuning: Crawford Performance (ECUtek Reflash)
Injectors: Deatschwerks Top Feed 1200cc (Custom)
Drivetrain: ACT Clutch, Cusco LSD's (Front/Rear)
Suspension: Triple Adjustable JRZ (Custom), M1 Knuckles/Control Arms (Custom)
Brakes: Front Brembo 6 Piston 355mm BBK, Rear Brembo (stock)
Exterior: APR GT300 Wing, LIC Fender Flares/Splitter/Canards (Custom)
Wheels: Wheeldude.com Rota DPT 18x10 e35 (5x100/5x114.3)
Tires: Toyo Proxes R888 285/30ZR18

-Noah
damn dude, 500hp? That's damn impressive considering the amount (or lack thereof) done to the motor! It's really nice to see Subies pushing that kind of power without going insane on the motor (you guys have plenty of mods done to the motor, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you are achieving a lot of power without going fully custom on everything... Very impressive indeed!).

As always, GO LIC!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by turfshark
its meaningless blurbs like this under the "specs" that kill me.

and this one...

NO LOSS OF POWAAH FTW! wait wha?

ultimately seems way too much money (including modding your rear end for dual tips) for just an axle-back. jmo.
Hahhaha, that first blub is pretty damn funny... How does laser etching ensure that the quality of the piece is good or not? I can laser etch my turd and tell people it's better quality then my non laser etched turd... (Not calling the exhaust a turd)
Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by brucelee

damn dude, 500hp?

(you guys have plenty of mods done to the motor, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you are achieving a lot of power without going fully custom on everything... Very impressive indeed!).
that was the idea behind the build

-Noah
Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 PM

that was the idea behind the build

-Noah
Check you PMs in a second... A totally unrelated question coming your way.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

replied!

-Noah
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

damn dude, 500hp? That's damn impressive considering the amount (or lack thereof) done to the motor! It's really nice to see Subies pushing that kind of power without going insane on the motor (you guys have plenty of mods done to the motor, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you are achieving a lot of power without going fully custom on everything... Very impressive indeed!).

As always, GO LIC!
I should also note we run stock crank, stock cams, stock heads. Our motor is still a 2.5L running 99.50 (std/stock size pistons) as well.

-Noah
Old 12-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
That thing is NOT worth the money...

Buy 1 or 2 J tubes off ebay and go to any competent muffler shop. They an make you the same thing with the same power with out the laser etching for like $100-150 worth of labor.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
That thing is NOT worth the money...

Buy 1 or 2 J tubes off ebay and go to any competent muffler shop. They an make you the same thing with the same power with out the laser etching for like $100-150 worth of labor.
I agree with Gagan here, I really don't think that thing is worth the money, but with any name brand item, you're paying for the name a lot of the time. As much as BAIC doesn't like Crawford Performance, they have done a lot to get to where they are and have a big name in the industry (thank you DC and SOA)... They can crank out puka shell necklaces that cost .5 cents to make and charge $100 per necklace because Ken Block wears one and it has their name on it.

I'm glad that Crawford manned up and got rid of Chris, he was my biggest issue with I-Speed/Crawford, smart decision on their part... I think Bill is a really friggin nice guy and I'm happy for his success. I remember meeting him at the very first meet he ever attended at "Slide's" house right when he moved down from Vermont... He's come a very long way and I'm really happy for him. (I don't know Quirt so I can't say anything about him) (How many of you guys remember the meet at "Slide's" house where we all had a BBQ back in 2000? lol )
Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I agree with Gagan here, I really don't think that thing is worth the money, but with any name brand item, you're paying for the name a lot of the time. As much as BAIC doesn't like Crawford Performance, they have done a lot to get to where they are and have a big name in the industry (thank you DC and SOA)... They can crank out puka shell necklaces that cost .5 cents to make and charge $100 per necklace because Ken Block wears one and it has their name on it.

I'm glad that Crawford manned up and got rid of Chris, he was my biggest issue with I-Speed/Crawford, smart decision on their part... I think Bill is a really friggin nice guy and I'm happy for his success. I remember meeting him at the very first meet he ever attended at "Slide's" house right when he moved down from Vermont... He's come a very long way and I'm really happy for him. (I don't know Quirt so I can't say anything about him) (How many of you guys remember the meet at "Slide's" house where we all had a BBQ back in 2000? lol )
I always hear this...Personally I thought Chris was a decent guy, I never really had issues with him; sure he had his moments, ideas, and wanted things his way but isn't that how we all are?

I can honestly say: personally I don't know Bill or Quirt.......Crawford is a vendor of whom we've bought parts from.

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 12-18-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 PM

I always hear this...Personally I thought Chris was a decent guy, I never really had issues with him; sure he had his moments, ideas, and wanted things his way but isn't that how we all are?

I can honestly say: personally I don't know Bill or Quirt.......Crawford is a vendor of whom we've bought parts from.

-Noah
Chris tried hitting on my GF all super sleazy style once, and it has been all bad since. Im not kidding, back in like 2001... She was like "Why is this gross Iranian guy hitting on me?", I was dying of laughter... Iranian! LOL! My opinion of him is based off of his persona, not his business ethics or anything.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Chris tried hitting on my GF all super sleazy style once, and it has been all bad since. Im not kidding, back in like 2001... She was like "Why is this gross Iranian guy hitting on me?", I was dying of laughter... Iranian! LOL! My opinion of him is based off of his persona, not his business ethics or anything.
I've heard plenty not care for the guy...just was always curious. He did rub a bunch the wrong way for sure. I guess it is what it is, as far as I know he is no longer in the automotive biz end but I have no clue what he does otherwise.

funny story about the gf thing though, I LOL'd on it.

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 12-20-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
we run off the shelf Crawford pistons and rods in our TA car, as well as there turbo kit. Its not a "Crawford Motor" but a LIC Motor using their product, as they are not responsible for the balance of it (which of course is what makes any motor what it is).

-Noah
Ah, gotcha, I guess the builder does play a huge roll in the integrity of a motor.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Former Sponsor

you got it buddy.

lets be real.........ALL the shops use someone else's parts (JE, Cosworth, CP, etc...); even if they contract a piston manf (JE is the most common one who will make anyone a custom piston) and make one to there "spec's" but how different are they really? they still have to stay within the proper tolerances of the hole of which it sits in, at the end of the day none of the parts mean anything without it being installed properly and setup properly.

we all use someone else stuff <-- just a fact!

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 12-18-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

we all use someone else stuff <-- just a fact!

-Noah
word!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 04 STi

LMAO! Seriously?? Don't be so coy - You were the loudspeaker of the Crawford hate. I always noticed it because I thought it was odd coming from a moderater. Stuff like DIAF!! or talk of blowing up the facility with missles.

Funny how times change but good to hear the new positive outlook.

Quick Reply: Im prepared for the flaming, but i need opinions!