I really, REALLY hate the media and their stance on Pit Bulls

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I really, REALLY hate the media and their stance on Pit Bulls

Yeah, anything to do with animals being harmed/tortured/killed makes my blood boil. It bothers me more then when a human is killed for some reason (well, exclude kids and handicapped folks) I can look at pictures of a lot of f'ed up stuff, even videos, but if it has a dog or other animal similar I have to look away/turn off whatever I was looking at, then It'll mess with me for the rest of the day.

On of my sisters dogs is an American Bulldog, big white with brown brindle male, he's the friendliest dog out of all of our dogs, a big attention *****, loves to lick and cuddle, kick it, and knows how to obey and do tricks...

The way she got him was really f'ed up. She got a phone call from some other dog/cat rescue people (we have a network of people who foster cats and dogs so they aren't put down until we can find them a home) who said that the house next door had been raided by police and uncovered a HUGE dog fighting/training facility where they train dogs, inject them with steroids, cut off their ears (with scissors!), then they fight them and make a lot of money through bets... Anyway, one of the dogs who was about 2 months old snuck under a fence because he was scared of all the noise the cops made with their flashbangs and stuff... The rescue people grabbed him and called around to see if anyone wanted him... My sister immediately scrammed over and scooped him up...

He was too young to fight or train in that way and was pretty small and very friendly... A few days prior to that day the bastards from that house cut his ears off with f'ing scissors with no pain meds or anything... This is extremely painful for the dogs... But that fact alone made me sooooo mad that I wanted to hunt those bastards down and make them fight to the death! Arrrrg!!!

Chopper (Her dog, named because of his ears) would have been put down instantly because of his background and they dont take risks... He now has the best life he could possibly have... He's spoiled to death and is now 5 years old. People are always afraid of him because of his size and ears, all thanks to the POS media who brands any dog that looks anything like a pit bull to be super dangerous and deadly which isn't friggin true AT ALL... You can train any dog to fight and to be vicious, it just so happens that pit bulls are very abundant, cheap, and pretty strong which is why they fight those dogs and use them as attack dogs... Those fighters would love to use Doberman Pinschers, or any dog in that class because a full size doberman would TEAR up a pit bull, but Dobermans aren't cheap, they are very expensive and very hard to get, otherwise they would be using dogs like that.

Dobermans used to be the pit bull of the 70s and 80s before pit bulls were brought into the picture by those rapper morons who think its sooo cool... I dont know who I hate more, the media or the dog fighters! Both need to die in a fire.

Because of the media people are misinformed and when they go to the pound to get a dog they tend to avoid anything that looks like a pit bull all because of the false image that the media branded them with.

What people don't understand is that ANY dog can be trained to attack or be mean, and believe it or not, small lap dogs tend to be more vicious then Pit Bulls, but no one reports getting bit by small lap dogs because they are so small... But a pit bull on the other hand, not only are they sort of large (normal size is around 50lbs but it can range greatly depending on the breed), "and they have the media reputation that they are killers, etc... It just sucks... I'd way rather get attacked by a pit bull then something like a Doberman, a Presacanara (sp?) and the loads of other dogs that would make a Pit Bull into it's beatch.

You'd be amazed at how many people hate pit bulls just because of that... Even some of my friends are ignorant enough to buy into that crap... Of course I have to educate them to think otherwise and now they love the dogs.

So here's a nice big f' you to the media and to all the ignorant people that actually believe in any of that crap.

Sorry for the long and drawn out post guys, just venting... This is a very sensitive subject for me.

Oh, and before anyone says anything about P.E.T.A, PETA can go die in a fire, seriously... They aren't any better then terrorists... They ARE terrorists. There are much better animal activist groups out there that don't resemble PETA in any way, shape, or form.

Here's a picture of Chopper taken semi-recently:

You can see his ears here. (They cut off their ears so they don't get in the way during a fight)

That second pic made it into a magazine btw. The brown dog there is half pit bull and half whippet, she's a model for some organic dog food which I thought was funny as hell... She's also a rescue.

Cliff notes: The media has spread fear and false information around the nation regarding pit bulls that has made it so that people are very afraid of pit bulls, which in fact are one of the most loyal dogs on the planet and are very friendly if trained properly. Now when folks go to the pound a pit bull isn't even an option for them because of the media propaganda, which means that A LOT of very wonderful dogs are going to die thanks to them. Breaks my friggin heart.

Last edited by brucelee; 11-17-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
word, its too bad they have such a bad rap. The media just focuses on that breed because they have a problematic history. Not because of the breed's temperament if raised and trained properly, but because of what they are capable of. I hope the person responsible for harming those dogs does some serious time. I am a soon to be German Shepherd owner, and they have a bad rap as an aggressive dog as well. This is a tough thing to overcome when you are out with the dog in public, even though they are one of if not the most intelligent and compassionate breeds out there. I do have to disagree with you about the whole Doberman vs. Pit. I think that if both were in their prime, the Pit would come out on top, no question.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
I'm not a big fan of most American breeds; but no animal should have a bad reputation because of idiots breeding/training them.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
word, its too bad they have such a bad rap. The media just focuses on that breed because they have a problematic history. Not because of the breed's temperament if raised and trained properly, but because of what they are capable of. I hope the person responsible for harming those dogs does some serious time. I am a soon to be German Shepherd owner, and they have a bad rap as an aggressive dog as well. This is a tough thing to overcome when you are out with the dog in public, even though they are one of if not the most intelligent and compassionate breeds out there. I do have to disagree with you about the whole Doberman vs. Pit. I think that if both were in their prime, the Pit would come out on top, no question.
No way man, a full grown Doberman is not only taller, heavier, more muscular, and stronger... Their jaws are huge and mimic an alligator.

Another dog that you wouldn't think would be a very good guard dog is a FULL size Poodle. Not only are poodles the smartest dog breed that exists, but they are VICIOUS when you train them to be... The are tall and have MASSIVE jaws much like the doberman which makes it easier for them to get to the neck whereas a pit bull has a wide jaw and not a long one like the other two I just mentioned.

I took care of a big *** doberman a couple years back... Weighed 125lbs and ran faster then hell! They are very quick and good on their feet.

The normal sized pit bulls are not that strong, they are pretty small actually... The range for a standard Pit is 35-50lbs... But there are special breeds that go to around 100lbs. The little ones would be a snack for a doberman or poodle.

If you dont believe me about the poodles, look it up... They may look fancy but they are bad ***!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:33 PM

Pits can lock their jaw though, one bite around the throat and its over, or so I've heard. All great dogs though.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 05 OBS WinterWarWagon!
It's bad that they gat a bad rap, but man those dogs CAN be tempermental. Under the wrong circumstances, some breeds are just way more aggro than others.

The real problem here is people who have no buisness owning the dog to begin with, as well as these ghetto breeders that have no real clue what's going on. When you put a bad owner with an agressive breed... that's where the problems start.

As far as the bad rap goes, just remember that are solid statistics out there showing over 50% of dog attacks are from Pit bull/rott's. We can blame the owners & all, but if that same owner owned a dautchound or irish setter, would said victim still have been mauled/hospitalized?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
Pits can lock their jaw though, one bite around the throat and its over, or so I've heard. All great dogs though.
Thats pretty much a wives tale.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:39 PM

I didn't know that. I could have sworn I saw it on the discovery channel. Anyways, pet owners should be checked before the purchase of any dog. I know I was, and my breeder is thrilled for us to come pick the pup up this week. He turns people down left and right, and makes sure his dogs go only to the best of homes.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:41 PM

I would argue that no DOMESTIC CANINE breed is inherently more aggressive than the other. Training has almost everything to do with it and the fact is that most *******s with a penchant for destruction and no though of life of another living being will train this breed for their strengths to fight.

I don't like Pit-Bull Terriers personally, I just don't find them attractive. I am in love with my GSD as well as a few other breeds (Corgi, English Bull Dog, Shiba Inu, and on certain rare occasions - Neopolitans).
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM

While we are on the subject of GSDs, here's my boy!
Attached Thumbnails I really, REALLY hate the media and their stance on Pit Bulls-male-4-1-4wks.jpg  
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM

I hate your guts! Total cuteness!

If you ever find yourself looking for an older female to play with him - let me know.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:01 PM

I know, I am stoked. We went to meet him and the breeder almost 4 weeks ago. This has been torture! But, I am picking him up on Thursday. Definately looking forward to getting my car full of p*** and sh** on the way home! All worth it though!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I-club meet my buddy's dog Kimbo...

Kimbo is so damn nice and sweet, and oh soooo obedient. Actually, it's a pretty wussy dog really, wouldn't hurt a soul. Just jump and run after your *** and once he knocks you over lick you until you scream
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
My friends dog is roughly 1/2 pit 1/2 greyhound, about 50 lbs if that, and will pull me on a skateboard for miles at full speed if its cold out. She got her from a friend who adobted her...its sad because everytime she greets you she will cowar and fall to your feet as if she was beaten by her original owner...shes not even 2 so maybe she'll grow out of it, but its one of my favorite dogs.

I would love to have a standard poodle as well, those are really cool dogs IMO.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
Kimbo is such a sick name of a dog! thats one good looking dog.

I know what you mean though. Ive been around hundreds of dogs since I was a little kid. When I was mature and responsible enough to get my own dog, I had to get a pitbull. They are by far one of the most loving, loyal dogs I have ever seen. Its sad that they have such a bad rep.

BTW, I will let you know about those speakers by the end of this week Daniel. Sorry for the delay, ive just been super swamped at work.

Quick Reply: I really, REALLY hate the media and their stance on Pit Bulls