I need BAIC Advice (Serious)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I need BAIC Advice (Serious)

This is for a really dear friend of mine, the situation is crappy, I just need to see what you guys would say before I say anymore to him.

So lets say your GF of a year broke up with you for whatever reason. Weeks Before she broke up with you, your GF befriended some dude, and would talk to this dude all the time, txt message, AIM, etc. Anyway, and then, just like that, she breaks up with you and you're cut loose... She claims this guys is just a friend, etc, etc... But there are many mixed signals to be had.

Some insight to the relationship. The relationship was kind of dying out anyway, you weren't really attracted to her like that anymore, saw her more as a friend, but you never really told her this, but I had to add this part so the next part didn't sound weird.

A week after the break up, You decide to go after this gal you've been longing for, for a long time. You would have originally asked her out instead of your ex, but she was in a relationship. Right when you got into a relationship with your ex, this gal gets out of her long term relationship, and has now been single for a year, she's very attractive, and you think that she might like you back... ANYWAY, You ask her out, and start dating her. This is a week after your ex broke up with you.

Basically, you never had loving feelings for your ex, you just wanted companionship because you were lonely, and the one girl who you really thought was attractive and really liked was available...

Here's the part that irks me. My friend is getting so much crap from his ex because he started dating someone so soon after the break up! Keep in mind, that her "friend" turned into her BOYFRIEND after a MONTH of being broken up, or so she says.

What right does that chick have to make my friend feel like crap because he went out and found someone he truely liked after the WAPCE girl broke up with him in the first place!!!!

there's a lot of bias things I could say towards my friends side, but I left it as un-bais as possible, on both ends. I stripped it down to its essentials.

Lets hear it BAIC.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
who cares if he's getting crap from his EX....it's his EX....key word being EX.

the ex that no doubt CHEATED on him and felt guilty for it and broke it off.

This guy that was her FRIEND was getting all the communication that was suppose to go to the boyfriend. If he wanted the relationship to last he would have told her to cut that **** off. That type of communication is meant for one person in a relationship and that's the partner...or a friend of the same sex when times call for it.

In my book that kind of communication with an outside opposite sex is CHEATING.

so....tell your buddy to do what his heart desires and tell his EX to stop talking to him and take a hike. Maybe go **** her new boyfriend and STFU.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
who cares if he's getting crap from his EX....it's his EX....key word being EX.

the ex that no doubt CHEATED on him and felt guilty for it and broke it off.

This guy that was her FRIEND was getting all the communication that was suppose to go to the boyfriend. If he wanted the relationship to last he would have told her to cut that **** off. That type of communication is meant for one person in a relationship and that's the partner...or a friend of the same sex when times call for it.

In my book that kind of communication with an outside opposite sex is CHEATING.

so....tell your buddy to do what his heart desires and tell his EX to stop talking to him and take a hike. Maybe go **** her new boyfriend and STFU.

Yeah, he's called her on it numerous times and made it clear that it bothered him.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 2000 GF8 STI
crazy beeatch if you ask me.

an ex is an ex period. why does your friend even have to listen to her?
your boy needs to step it up and quit feeling sorry for nothing.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by baldandtopless

Yeah, but the thing is, there are ties with friends, people taking sides, etc. It's not just her spewing it... it's like this whole circle of friends thinks its wrong or whatever. That's why I'm posting this... What the HELL right do they have to get mad at him for that!? He did NOTHING!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, he's called her on it numerous times and made it clear that it bothered him.
when I first started dating my now wife she had a guy that she did this with. Coffee. Text messages. photo trips. emails like crazy. IM...etc.

We had been together a few months at the time. I flat out told her...you're cheating on me and this is why...you communicate like that with someone else you have no need to do it with anyone else...so your SO gets nothing. It's almost worst that screwing someone else. Communication is the foundation of a relationship.

I told her him or me.....

She understood.

your friend is better of without this chick. She is pissed because she's seeing that she didn't matter as much as she thought...ego check.

Like I said...tell your buddy to cut off ALL communication with the ex if he wants to have any chance with the new girl.

ALL COMMUNICATION.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 AM

Car Info: '15 WRX
Originally Posted by baldandtopless

werd.

The ex is just jealous that he moved on and she just wants attention. Im in the same situation with my ex
Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STi
Yeah, but the thing is, there are ties with friends, people taking sides, etc. It's not just her spewing it... it's like this whole circle of friends thinks its wrong or whatever. That's why I'm posting this... What the HELL right do they have to get mad at him for that!? He did NOTHING!
So long as he doesn't tell the communal friends that he would have dated his current instead of his ex, what the hell is the problem. People choosing sides only proves who your friends really are especially for something as simple as this.
I went through this same situation with my EX and its really just about the ex wanting to feel better about herself. But as others have said once she was replaced it was a wake up call that she COULD & WAS be replaced.
Tell your buddy not to sweat it, just cut her off completely. Worked for me.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
yeah I agree with everyone here, it's always the same when it comes to a relationship. It's just a "game" if u get dumped and the person gets into a relationship and u find someone new who is hotter and the person who dumped u realized "oh what have I done?" well to bad for that other person. I've been in that situation and u know what tell ur friend just to smile cause she gave him his freedom. hahah If his friends are giving him grief about it tell him to tell them to f... off it's his life he can do whatever he wants. His friends can go out with his ex if they like her so much. P..sy is a dime a dozen once ur done with one move on!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
So lets say your GF of a year broke up with you for whatever reason.
She pretty much lost all rights to ***** about anything after this statement.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
when I first started dating my now wife she had a guy that she did this with. Coffee. Text messages. photo trips. emails like crazy. IM...etc.

We had been together a few months at the time. I flat out told her...you're cheating on me and this is why...you communicate like that with someone else you have no need to do it with anyone else...so your SO gets nothing. It's almost worst that screwing someone else. Communication is the foundation of a relationship.

I told her him or me.....

Amen brother. I hate that people feel physical contact is the only means of cheating. A proper long term relationship is like 90% emotional and 10% physical. She started cheating on your buddy the day she started communicating with this guy on such a level. She then broke up with your buddy to boot.

Who cares what she thinks? Friends taking sides? Think of this as a time saver; it's helping him weed out his true friends.

Last edited by bassplayrr; 09-04-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Car Info: The ladies wild
Tell your friend to stay strong. Do what will make him happy! It sounds to me like there is something about this new girl (besides her looks) that really appeals to him. Now that he sees the "dark side" of his ex, why would he even consider taking her opinion into account? She obviously is a selfish person with selfish goals. This same exact situation happened with my ex. She broke up with me because she thought we couldn't make it through a long distance relationship. So after a few months I met another girl and really liked her. My ex found out a got pissed and she wanted to get back together again. Part of me wanted to get back with her, not because I loved her, but because I was simply used to being with her. Fortunatley, I had a close friend who was honest with me and gave me the best advice I've received in quite some time. He told me to do what made me happy. I looked back at all the stuff my ex had done and was doing now that had only hurt me and decided to try something new with the new girl. We've been together now for almost three years and I have never regretted my decision. Hopefully you can be as good a friend as mine was. Try to be as honest as you can even though your friend may not want to hear it. He'll thank you in the long run.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
tell the ex gf to STFU and kick rocks

SHE dumped him, SHE was likely cheating (if not physically, emotionally).

The bottom line is, girls are crazy. Even though she didnt want your friend, she didnt want him to be happy with anyone else either, girls are strange like that. Even when they dont want you anymore, they still wanna be #1 in your life

Don't ask me how I know
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM

I love you guys.

This is such BS. I'm tempted to go yell at the ho myself... I dont know her too well, but I know my friend better than most. F'ing beatch!

This is a clear example of WAPCE (Women are pure concentrated evil). I use this term in real life (I say it... "Wap-see") like 3 times a week at least. Ha ha ha.

Sorry for all the gals out there, you're not all like this, just the majority of you are. Yeah, and we know, it goes both ways.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2000 GF8 STI
whoever thinks anyone is at fault for doing anything now that they are broken up is retarded. people need to grow up and understand that there is nothing left after a break up. any drama afterwards is simply immature.

Quick Reply: I need BAIC Advice (Serious)