I am thankful to be alive right now!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
I am thankful to be alive right now!!

Hey guys, kind of off topic not related to cars, but thought I would share my experience tonight.

So basically tonight I was riding Bella (my sportbike) on my way home from downtown dinner with the usual friends every thursday night. Going down mines (one of the main roads) about 30-35MPH and I happen to be like 50 feet away from something and i see ahead where my headlights meet and I see something that looks like fishing line so I ****ing grabbed the brakes with firm pressure (which we've been taught in the MSF course) haha, and stopped. Turns out some fuxking retrded *** teens (or so it would seem, either dumb@ss middle school teens or stupid high schoolers) decided to put one hell of a ****ing long *** strips of ductape from the pole on one side of the road all the way to the other. So basically imagine a main road, 2 lanes going one way and 2 lanes going the other way and in the middle is an island. there is a crosswalk connecting the two lanes and on each end of the crosswalk is a pole and a pole in the middle of the island as well. there seemed like 2 or 3 layers of tape so it made it pretty sturdy. There was an old guy in a car goin the other way and he hit the tape and pulled over. As soon as I ripped my end down I did a u turn and went to talk to him. The guy even said that he's been egged before in his car so **** like this wasn't the first time for him. It wouldve either hit my visor and gone one of both ways either up over my head and freaked me out or it wouldve gone down and get caught by my neck. Either way i wouldve most likely layed the bike down. If I was goin any faster I wouldn't have seen it and I wouldve clotheslined that ****.

Word of caution to everyone, not just riders, please be safe and come home in one piece every night!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 AM

Car Info: drives a STi
Damn good thing your spidey senses kicked in before anything bad happened to you or anybody else. I effing hate when stupid people do this kind of sh*t. Do they seriously think it will be funny when someone dies or gets badly hurt? Kids these days, they should find something better to do. Whoever tried this stupid prank deserves to get a *** whoopin. Again glad no one was hurt.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Yeah, no kidding haha. Thanks.

My friends gave a pretty vivid visual "yeah, it's all fun and games until you see the headless body crash and the head inside of the helmet rolling around on the ground". A bit too visual, but very true!

I seriously wonder wtf goes through peoples heads when they think of stupid sh*t like this to pull...I'm glad nothing happened and no one got hurt.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Whoa, really glad that you saw it. Definitely that kind of stuff is freaking retarded and hopefully someone kicks these jokers "Squaw in the Nutz!".
Old 04-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Car Info: drives a STi
Yeah your friends are right, you could've been decapitated. Like you said that duct tape was wrapped to a point where it was sturdy enough to lay you down. If you were going 35mph or so and you were not expecting it, your head or something else would've got beaten up pretty bad.

Damn idiots.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
anyone that has met me and seen th scar on my neck..... it was stupid **** like this that caused it
Old 04-09-2010, 12:49 AM

GAAAWWWD DAAAAMN TEEEENS!!! haha

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't even closely examine the tape, i just quickly looked at it, crubmled the **** up and tossed it aside but it ductape is still easy to rip with 2 or 3 layers but stretched out like that could still do enormous amounts of damage, even if like you said i was still going 35mph. could've either slit my throat real bad or knocked me off the back of the bike.

my WRX would've ran right through that stuff and kept on smiling! haha
Old 04-09-2010, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by rau
anyone that has met me and seen th scar on my neck..... it was stupid **** like this that caused it
We'll have to meet one time and you'll have to show me!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:00 AM

Car Info: '99 RBP 2.5RS
wow lucky you saw that ahead of time.

this reminds me of stupid teens in my neighbor hood. laser pointers thru house windows into cars at night at intersections. very stupid, and flat out dangerous.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by 05_WRex
Damn good thing your spidey senses kicked in before anything bad happened to you or anybody else. I effing hate when stupid people do this kind of sh*t. Do they seriously think it will be funny when someone dies or gets badly hurt? Kids these days, they should find something better to do. Whoever tried this stupid prank deserves to get a *** whoopin. Again glad no one was hurt.
Its called attempted murder in this state, and I would suggest to the OP you go hang out in the area tonight, I will bet you money they hang out in that area, spot them, call the cops, make a citizens arrest for felony attempted murder and do your absolute best to ruin the punk kids lives.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Dumb *** kids. So glad to hear your ok, hate when people do some stupid **** like this thinking its funny. These kids need to go out and do something with their lives instead of potentially ruining others.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
someone needs to set up and catch those kids. That's INSANELY dangerous. And this is coming from a guy that was a pretty devious *** kid. I've ballooned and egged my fair share of cars. Never messed with bikes though.

That could have broke your neck pretty damn easily if it caught you right. Retarded *** kids. I GUARANTEE you they were hiding out somewhere watching that.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Death to teenagers
Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Damn, glad your head is still attached! Stupid kids.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
camp out with a bat

Quick Reply: I am thankful to be alive right now!!