Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by aboothman
oh crap, I didn't know I had missed a call until I read this thread.

Ya I took that road a few months ago. Great for the occasion e-brake for sure!! What suspension did you just put on? I still have my back seats out from the walbro install, so I am playing with the Konis every few trips.

A friend and I took the Petrolia loop Saturday...but instead of coming out at Founders Grove, we came out at Redway on the Shelter Cove road. Dude, it was a SICK drive. Great road (Except from Ferndale to Petrolia), wide corners except for a few spots...and no dope growers blocking off the road this time of year. Very few vehicles out, and as long as you are not a jerk they pull over for you.

BE CAREFUL ebraking in your car. My center diff disengages when the ebrake is pulled. Your's, not so much.

Like I said Paul from Nader is down for drives, with 4-5 of us it will a prefect sized group. I am always down for more but I am sure you know what I mean. Don't worry about the dope growers, I got a ghetto pass
Old 02-06-2007, 09:39 AM

bump for humboldt...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Bump for getting the hell out of humboldt! w00t!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM

Car Info: Fast
Blinguskahn lol. Glad you could "escape" It can be dull around here...luckily I like slow and dull lol

Ya, I generally avoid the e-brake unless I am about to crash lol

Damn you and your STI. I decided I should have bought one about the time I dumped a ton into my car lol. No regrets tho, I will just do a full swap LOL. Nah, but I will eventually do either a 6 speed swap or get some PPGs.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Damn you and your STI. I decided I should have bought one about the time I dumped a ton into my car lol. No regrets tho, I will just do a full swap LOL. Nah, but I will eventually do either a 6 speed swap or get some PPGs.
Haha I almost bought the WRX myself until Blingus set me straight. Start with the best platform you possible can. Luckily you have the '06 which is way better than than '05.

And blingus, how many fingers am I holding up?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Blinguskahn lol. Glad you could "escape" It can be dull around here...luckily I like slow and dull lol

Ya, I generally avoid the e-brake unless I am about to crash lol

PPG Dogbox clutchless shifting FTMFW!!!!

6 speed crappy ratios FTMFL!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by blinguskahn
PPG Dogbox clutchless shifting FTMFW!!!!

6 speed crappy ratios FTMFL!!!
you know shifting into fifth at the end is hella fun.

Anyone down for some corner bending this weekend? I am thinking about lost coast (matole rd) or maybe some Kneeland to Bridgeville fun. If anyone is down let me know.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM

I am down for whatever. Took the Mattole road last weekend, but it is pretty nice from Whitethorn to Redway, except for about a mile of gravel gong up a hill outside of Whitethorn.

Never been between Kneeland and Bridgeville.

Cannot go wrong either way.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:13 AM

I am down for whatever. Took the Mattole road last weekend, but it is pretty nice from Whitethorn to Redway, except for about a mile of gravel gong up a hill outside of Whitethorn.

Never been between Kneeland and Bridgeville.

Cannot go wrong either way.
That's it then, Kneeland to Bridgeville it is! That road is SIACK Groomed dirt, gravel, and tarmac. It's got well kept ennough surfaces for us to go "off road" but not have to raise our car heigth.

We can go from N. to S. so we will start in Eka, go up to Kneeland then out to Bridgeville. Then it is 30 miles of fun corners back on the 36 to the 101. Then you are home and I will cruise back up the 101 to eka.

IIRC it takes about 1hrs to 1:15 min to get from Kneeland to Bridgeville. I suggest you google earth the route. So this will be about 2hrs of spirited driving.

Sat or Sun work better for you? I will see if Paul from Nader is down to go to. I just sold him my rear sway links and my stock catback so I am sure he wants to put them on b4 we go. But he is a mechanic w/air tools so he should be just fine.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM

ya, sounds great. I often take the trip from here to Bridgeville for a quick bit of fun. It is actually on my way to work.

I will try and get a friend or 2 to tag along as well.

Either day is good for me. I need to swap out my coolant hoses and thermostat sometime, and as soon as I get a good deal on a turbo inlet I will swap in the new turbo.

Last edited by aboothman; 02-09-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:54 PM

ya, sounds great. I often take the trip from here to Bridgeville for a quick bit of fun. It is actually on my way to work.

I will try and get a friend or 2 to tag along as well.

Either day is good for me. I need to swap out my coolant hoses and thermostat sometime, and as soon as I get a good deal on a turbo inlet I will swap in the new turbo.
I was talking with Dylan (blue evo 9 owner) @ lunch and tomorrow if it's not raining from apprx 12-2?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM

sound good

I'll hit ya up about the odessey battery then too.

Last edited by aboothman; 02-09-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:18 PM

Forgot I have an appt @ EKA Car Stereo tomorrow @ 1pm for about 45 mins. We could start around 2:30p and be done well before dark?

<---now with more cowbell!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 PM

if it gets too late we could go Sunday. I was reminded that I am helping some friends move tomorrow, so later tomorrow or Sunday works for me. Moving should not take too long. I dunno....give me a call when you are done @ the stereo place.

Last edited by aboothman; 02-09-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
no go for me... my weekend gets booked up pretty fast Chinese New Year lion dance activities today...don't think tomorrow will work out either. But with the rain a drive wouldn't be that great anyway... we should've done this last weekend!

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread