hit and run victim: have license plate and filed a police report, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Well, I'd go to the house, knock on the door tell the person that you're trying to get a hold of their friend that hit your car. Explain to them that you have two eye witnesses and if she doesnt agree to pay for damages you'll pursue criminal charges. Show them that you have a license plate number and say you've got witnesses that are willing to testify in a court of law. That should scare them straight.
I was able to get a hold of one neighbor who seemed genuinely interested in helping me out. He said the description of the car and driver didn't sound familiar, and he said he wasn't aware of who they might have been trying to meet with. I left my contact info with him in case he sees that car again.

In any case, maybe he's just covering up for his friend...
Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by huck
$1000 deductible?
When I first got the car my premium was pretty reasonable. Then all the stoopid peeps with their WRX's caused the premium to skyrocket over time. As a result I raised my deductible to lower my premium. Luckily this is the first time in 6 years I've had to deal with insurance on my Suby.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ivegotthenuts
I just had a thought, maybe the people who left the notes were the ones who hit your car and are just trying to cover themselves.
You mean they faked the license plate and description of the car? Yeah, I thought about it, and that would suck big time.

But I can only hope that the notes were valid because I'm pretty sure my alarm was triggered when the idiot hit my car (when I unlocked my car after the accident I heard that warning chirp). I'm hoping the alarm caused people on the street/neighbors to notice what happened. It's unfortunate that neither of them left contact info.