Hi everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 08:42 PM

Hi everyone

Well let's see how this works out!

Because nobody asked for my opinion, I don't care if Nick did all the work and Alex dropped off the face of the earth, but if Nick is entitled to anything, it's compensation for what he's done, not the right to hijack ownership.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:54 PM

Hear hear!

I think Nick has a right to continue to run the board under a different name. It sounds like he spent a lot of time working on it.

However, I really think it's lame that he tried to take over i-club.com and now he's doing all these things to try to prevent people from coming here.

Last edited by scoop; 11-06-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:00 PM

Personally I think the fairest thing to do would be for him to come up with a verifiable invoice of everything he's spent and get paid for it. If Alex doesn't do anything to stir up the waters, I'm sure everything will settle down, but imo Nick is probably one on shaky legal ground...
Old 11-21-2002, 09:16 PM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
Originally posted by scoop
However, I really think it's lame that he tried to take over i-club.com and now he's doing all these things to try to prevent people from coming here.
I know what you mean man...kinda "shadey"(sp). I think if people want to venture over different message boards, then let them...

~joe
(formerly WRX-ellent)
Old 11-21-2002, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Welcome aboard Kenn!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:01 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
Hi
Old 11-22-2002, 09:23 AM

Hello Ken

For my self I'm not all that concerned with who is right ect ect ect. I found I liked posting on i-club and the greater of the majority of my friend seem to be posting here. So here I am too.

I see that Alex is working hard to start and get this new cite rolling as a place where a person can come and go if they want. It not like his decisions are effecting the global economy. He had his reasons which are valid to him to do what he doing. IN the final analysis I dont see where we as members are suffering?

It seems like the burden of all of this change is mainly taken on by Alex. Sure Nick is struggling as well but such is the nature of freindship/bisness/politics So clue me in how much of this new cite change creates suffering and or undue hardship for us?

Ive read some of the dramatic antagonistic posts that culminated into this new venture and frankly it was a bit sad. But things change , peoples values change and do we really need a big uni-global cite? Perhaps some of the technical posts were becoming centralized into one main pot of info on the other cite.

BUt we all have to deal with change okay ive spewed and have had my java fix.............have a nice day

Last edited by BlueGargantua; 11-22-2002 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:22 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX - Blue
Originally posted by BlueGargantua
BUt we all have to deal with change okay ive spewed and have had my java fix.............have a nice day
wow, well said!

I feel the same way. It's funny to read how everyone was drawing sides with passionately fogged glasses on. I see no reason for all this hallyaboo, but when the atmosphere gets icky, I'm not one to torture myself with it.

Just have fun people, and everything else takes care of itself.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:49 AM

Just thought i'd say hi again.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:14 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Scoobie snacks
Old 11-22-2002, 03:13 PM

Stankfootz

Yeah
I hear what you are saying about being loyal and what that means. But by our mere particpation shows a level of support for Alex. Much like a democracy by and for the people. We can take a stand and have a position and still keep our cool. Or maybe we are like the raging warriors vanquishing any and all oppostion in order to establish who we are......notice I said who we are.

If I lose my cool and get all perturbed at a certain subject does that make me seem ..........more loyal?
Old 11-22-2002, 04:55 PM

Hey everyone!

Yeah over the last couple of days I've been wondering about the whole "who was right, who was wrong" deal, and in the end, all I want is a good place to chat with other enthusiasts and locals.

I'm glad to see i-club is picking up quickly and lots of the friendly faces from the old i-club are here. That's good enough for me. I'm sure I'll still be stopping by nasioc as well (unless this thing grows to become an even bigger feud, but it seems like it's settling down). The more resources for Imprezas out there, the better!

Kenn
Old 11-22-2002, 06:28 PM

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BlueGargantua
Hey Scoobie snacks
Hows it going?
Old 11-22-2002, 06:41 PM

Hey

things are going rather good thanks. Last few weeks of the semester and the final papers are demanding alot of my time, but things are getting done.

I got some new OEM side skirts for my suby so I got my mod fix for the time being.
thanks
steven