hey graphic guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
hey graphic guys...

Ok, so.. I love photoshop. I have never had a complaint for what I have tried to do.

I am still using Photoshop 7.. i know ancient. But its treated me well, and if I am gonna invest the big money for the latest version I have to seriously be convinced its gonna be worth it for what I do.

Ok thats no the point of this post..

I think I actually hate illustrator.. you have to dance around on your keyboard and mouse just to do stupid simple ****.. and its frustrating as hell when I am trying to make a simple logo for my church.. they are called refuge and want a first aid kinda sign.

This is what we have come up with:

I like it.. but to create this in illustrator took way longer than it should have.

I know we have a few graphic guys on here... what do you guys use? Prefer? Wish you had?

I know there has to be more than just Adobe.. I have been kinda spying on Corel a bit to see.. but so far it doesn't seem like its much of a professional product in comparison to Adobe stuff.. but I could be wrong as I haven't used any of it in probably 8 years.

Please give me some suggestions.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
If they are going to be printing this it has to be in Illustrator, you want to have a version of all logos that is vector based. It wouldnt take that long to set it up.

Do two versions for them, one in black, and the other reversed in white on a white background. From there you can produce the jpg files on the black background. It shouldnt take more than an hour or two to finish this up in Illustrator.

If you need some help with Illustrator let me know.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Originally Posted by evsoul
I think I actually hate illustrator..
The first time I used AI I thought the same thing. But once you play around with it more I think you will like it. Illustrator is my favorite program and an industry standard. I have Creative Suite 2 at home but wish I had CS3. I started using CS3 at work and it is so streamlined, it may be frustrating for a novice user to find some of the tools.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
I use Photoshop and Maya here at work, but on side projects doing logo design I've used Illustrator. Like said above it's better, so that you can enlarge it without losing resolution. It'll be easier when doing business cards, or banners, letter heads etc.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 07 STi
InDesign
Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
for making logos illustrator is your number 1 option.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
I have been doing graphics for about 10years. just never got into the logo/vector stuff so Illustrator is so foreign to me.

One thing that pissed me off is when trying to make the cross.. I made two rectangles crossing each other like an intersection (obviously) and i took the anchor point tool to make an intersection i think it was at every point on the inner area so i could delete the lines on the inside so it wouldn't look like a rectangle on top of another one but a fluid cross.. and it kept these dim grey lines when i deleted the inner lines and would not remove them.. and i guess it pissed me off enough haha.

I should just go grab a book on illustrator probably.