This guy truely is an inspiration to me... (Cool video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
This guy truely is an inspiration to me... (Cool video)

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readme...0855&ref=share

I've been following his work for about 8 years now and am one of his biggest supporters (minus his family and best friends) and have met him a couple times at stunt shows which inspired me to train harder then I ever thought possible in order to get better at it... The things he does look easy but holy crap, it takes sooo much skill.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by brucelee
The things he does look easy...
What the **** are you talking about. That **** looks hard as hell!!! I would snap my bones trying to get my fat *** to do any of that stuff.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ryball
What the **** are you talking about. That **** looks hard as hell!!! I would snap my bones trying to get my fat *** to do any of that stuff.
LMAO! I can just picture that in my head right now...

Some of the things he does look do-able, but even the smallest trick he does is friggin difficult as hell! Did you see him jump over a car and into the opposite side window? I tried doing this in a stationary car and I almost broke my hip... First several attempts were close, and on the last one I managed to do it but I hit my hip on the top of the door and wanted to kill myself right after, it hurt soooo friggin badly, you have no idea. Who know that a broken hip could hurt so much? I didn't break it but I bruised the bone and took me about 2 months to recover fully!

I cant imagine the amount of pain that guys has gone through while trying to do that stuff... You only see his greatest moments, you don't see his screw ups, and when you screw up while doing something of that caliber you pay dearly for it!

My biggest feat to this day was jumping over a cop car in SF and landing it really well... The cop was at a red light and I was crossing the street... He was in the cross walk so I took it upon myself to give him a little scare... He watched the whole thing happen too, as I ran up he had a "What the?" look on his face, then I clear the roof and run off as my friend filmed it... hahha. I think I was in peak shape at the time and had something like 3% body fat... I did soooo much leg strength training, it was ridiculous! You might not have noticed but the roof of a cop car is REALLY high, and those cars are REALLY wide (Crown Vic, the newer ones). I didn't think I was going to make it, and if I didn't I would have been beet red due to the amount of people watching at the moment... Thank god I made it, I never tried repeating that in public.

Anyone else into gymnastics or anything of this sort? I have done a lot of martial arts in my life and have over 10 years of various training in different forms, and I also used to run marathons when I was in my late teens and early 20's but NOTHING comes close to gymnastics in terms of the intensity of training... Looking back it's hard for me to believe the sort of things I would do to train. 8 meals a day, 2 while I slept... I'd have my alarm go off two times in middle of the night where I would wake up for 5 or so mins and either drink a shake or eat a sandwich or something to keep my calorie intake and protein up since your body only stores protein for up to 3 hours max... Now I feel like and old man as I try to get back to how I used to be... Age sucks!

/End long post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX
That is one of the sickest videos I have ever seen. I think maybe with about 5 years of crazy training, I could possibly be able to do that trick with the sidewalk handrails.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
wow, that was badass!
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Holy bat poop. He is insane. *searches for more videos*
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Hmm, you need to see the movie District B13... Tons of that kind of stuff in the movie plus a few Subarus here and there..
Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
That was damn cool. I used to be into tumbling, but only got as far as lay-outs over my coach. lol. Never attempted anything of this calibur, and most I ever did in public was drunken backflips at parties. Deffinately helps you stand out.

I wish I was still in that kinda shape. I gained about 40 lbs since then :-(.

Where do u train?? open gym?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 PM

Car Info: '06 SGM WRX / 18G (300/291) RIP, '05 TB Evo VIII
WOW! Congrats to that man. He got some fast twitch muscle in him!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
is there a gym like that around the bay? I'd love to join something like that.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
There's a bunch of gymnastics places around the bay, only problem is you'd b starting out in classes with a bunch of 13 year old girls, lol.

I used to go to one in Livermore that was pretty decent. Good coaches, but it was awkward being older than them, and 2 feet taller than them. BTW if ur like me, 6'3" things are a little harder to do, like back hand springs. Never quite got that one down. Had to just go with lay-outs and back tucks.

I tried a standing back tuck last night at 24 hour fitness in one of the workout rooms. OMG bad idea. haha. Landed right on my knees. I think I'll wait until I lose a bit more weight to try that one again.