This guy from my work was KIA!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:25 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Unhappy This guy from my work was KIA!

I did not know him personally, but when I saw the picture, I knew who he was! All the "Jar heads" here at work are sad today. I don't blame them. This guy transfered from here in January. His poor family. His kid and wife have alot to be proud of. He died for a just cause.

His name was Gunnery Sgt. Joe Menusa.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
That sucks.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Very Sad that he died...

-Gagan
Old 03-31-2003, 06:26 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
my condolences go out to his friends and family.

i have an enormous amount of respect for each and every serviceperson over and Iraq and elsewhere.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:26 PM

Car Info: '01 RS BRP
sorry dude.

I hope everything works out well for the family.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I am heartened by the excellent view Americans have come to take of their soldiers. I am waiting for the morning when I see a picture of a fallen comrade I have personally known. I spent 3 years in armor units, primarily at Ft. Hood, home of the 4th Infantry Division and 1st Cavalry Division, both of which are on their way to join the fighting.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
This is very sad and I am scared to death that this could happen to me (Lisa U.S.A.F.) And that is why I think that we should shoot all the stupid protesters that are against the war, because our people are being killed and these asses are still out on the streets takeing up our citys security to break up a retarded protest for all those that upose Mr. Bush and the U.S.A.

PS The only reason that they can protest is because of wars like this I why shouldn't Iraq be able to do the same if they don't like the way something is going, they cant if they do BANG,BANG gone done!! I f you like that then all you protesters go live there!!!!

"excuse the grammer"
Old 04-01-2003, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by DWNSHFT
I think that we should shoot all the stupid protesters that are against the war, because our people are being killed and these asses are still out on the streets takeing up our citys security to break up a retarded protest for all those that upose Mr. Bush and the U.S.A.
President Bush does not equal the U.S.A. We started this war, and I'm not just talking about the invasion.

http://www.unobserver.com/index.php...hp&id=815&blz=1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1986. The United States with Great Britain block all Security Council resolutions condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons, and on March 21 teh U.S. becomes the only country refusing to sign a Security Council statement condemning Iraq's use of these weapons. (10)

May 1986. The U.S. Department of Commerce licenses 70 biological exports to Iraq between May of 1985 and 1989, including at least 21 batches of lethal strains of anthrax. (3)

May 1986. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade botulin poison to Iraq. (7)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS The only reason that they can protest is because of wars like this I why shouldn't Iraq be able to do the same if they don't like the way something is going, they cant if they do BANG,BANG gone done!! I f you like that then all you protesters go live there!!!!
If I understand you correctly, that is the way you'd have the U.S.A behave. Above you said "shoot all the stupid protestors".

My heartfelt condolences go out to all the dead and wounded from this war. I am ashamed of my country for creating a situation so terrible.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:14 PM
GDA

Car Info: GDA
I think that we should shoot all the stupid protesters that are against the war
I wonder what all those stupid protestors' point is?

hmm let me take a wild guess, stupid protestors are opposing something, in this case the war. lets see what is war? war is animalistic, war is death, war is blood, war is pain, war is LOSS.

Why would we shoot stupid protestors who protest a war, so an innocent family can still be complete and a child will be able to see his father/mother while he/she is growing up.

you tell me what stupid is now?

GDA

PS: If I were a solider i would have zero motivation to fight for my country, simply because i do not believe in the presidents decision, and i give kudos' to all the soliders that can look past that and fight without having that backing (but then again if you were against the war you wouldnt join the military to begin with i guess).
Old 04-01-2003, 03:22 PM

Well, Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines have no coice. We took an oath to follow the Commander in Chief of this country. We are not payed to think about, or have feelings about national issues. We fall under a more stringent set of rules than civillians.

Those of you who say that America didn't go to war, Bush did, you have no argument. Bush was elected in a fair and valid election. He is "America". He will be "America" for 2 more years. I know, it hurts you Bush hating liberals to have to come to touch with reality.

There is a difference between voicing your opinion, sedition, and sabatoge. Some of what is going on in the streets of the metro areas is sedition, and some of it is sabatoge. Sedetion is punishable by not more than 20 years in a Federal prison, and sabatoge, not more than 30.

I have to admit that I am so proud of the Iraqi immigrant who is now a Marine and fighting in Baghdad. His brother has been on Fox news a couple of times. I have so much respect for that kid. I feel that all immigrants should serve. For that matter, all Americans should serve. Then maybe they would learn to appreciate this country a little more. More that 50% of the freaks in the streets are not even citizens, yet they attempt to use our streets to voice their opinions. They should be immediately expelled from this country. They have, literally, NO RIGHT to claim protection under OUR constitution.

Saddam started this war in 1990 when he over-ran Kuwait. It was then that we realized what a monster he truly is/was. Before that date was a different era. As far as modern history is concerned, this conflict begun in 1990.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
The U.S.A. gave Saddam Husein WMD because he was fighting our enemy du jour, Iran. I believe that was an unethical and immoral decision regardless of whether or not we knew he was a "monster". You are free to disagree, but I believe it was in violation of the Geneva convention and common decency.
I believe this war has nothing to do with freedom and a lot to do with making old rich white men richer.

I do not want to belittle the death of this soldier any more by getting into a debate here. In fact, I wish I hadn't responded to the idiotic comment that our government should engage in executions without trial in the first place. I understand this is an emotional issue, especially for those in the military. I have a very good friend over there right now.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:22 PM
GDA

Car Info: GDA
It was then that we realized what a monster he truly is/was. Before that date was a different era. As far as modern history is concerned, this conflict begun in 1990.
yeah and in 2002 we found out how much of a monster bush is. bush should be saddams new play toy (aka *****)for SOUTH PARK THE MOVIE 2, lol.

GDA

with war no one wins, although one side might come out slightly ahead. dead casualties are dead casualties, no matter how you justify it.

RIP to all innocent people that will die on both sides.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:49 PM

We knew what he was doing with those weapons.

Everyone should serve! What country is this again?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:04 PM

Because more often then not, those who don't/haven't served, don't appreciate.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:41 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Not so long ago, I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas, where approximately 35,000 of the troops fighting this war or soon to join it came from. Were I still in that position, I would gladly stand tall with my fellow soldiers and fight.

This is not because I voted for President Bush. I didn't. It's not even for the sake of lending support to my country in time of crisis. It is because the government of Iraq is criminal. Its crimes against its enemies are atrocious- but those against its citizens are nearly unfathomable. Never in the history of our nation, going back to the Magna Carta, has anyone calling themselves an American been subjected to the horrible things the people of Iraq have. No power ever to reside on this continent ever made use of rape and torture of a person's family and friends to coerce them into doing things they stand against. Your children need not fear being woken up in the middle of the night to the sounds of secret police kicking down their doors in order to kidnap them to be used to blackmail their parents.

These are the reasons why I would stand and fight against Sadam Hussein and all who aid him. These are the reasons I feel that America, as the world's primary example of what a free and empowered people can do, is justified in taking all means necessary to secure the freedoms we take for granted for the Iraqi people, and all others who do not yet understand what it means to be free of persecution, of terror, and oppression. Yes, there will be deaths among the very people we are working to free. But their loss will be justified ten times over by the liberties secured for their children, and their children's children.

When this war is over, the US and other free nations will go about the business of passing the power in Iraq to a democratic and benevolent government process. Many Iraqis' fear and hatred of Hussein's regime is surpassed only by the indignation of hosting an invading Army. They will ask us to leave as soon as Hussein's power has evaporated, and we will do so, without much in the way of thanks, nor will we expect it. This is in direct acknowledgement of the freedoms we are there to create for them. We will do as they wish.

When you see someone protesting the war, or expressing their regret of this course of action, or in any way expressing views that do not perfectly coincide with your own, remember this: each and every one of the freedoms you and I enjoy rests solely on the premise that all men are created equal, that certain inalienable rights are bestowed upon us. That among these rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In my estimation, the greatest of these is liberty.

Now, I hope that each of you posting here after this will remember to honor one man who forfeited his own life for the freedom of others. Please begin a new thread in order to continue this discussion, so that this one may be used for reflection and conversation about one man's sacrifice for all.

Last edited by Kevin M; 04-01-2003 at 07:45 PM.