Gran Turismo 5 VS Latest Forza VS Other driving simulator

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Wow. i might buy the ps3 just for this game.
They have my car
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by papakiet
is this for the ps4?
Whens that coming out?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm just as irritated by the makers of GT for delaying this thing so damn long, but the amount of work that has gone into making this game is insane and I know gameplay will reflect nicely. The GT folks worked their asses off to make something that will blow everything else out of the water, and I have to admit that I'm giddy llike a school girl and can't friggin wait for it to finally come out! Forza is great and all but there's just something about Gran Turismo that gets me all wet and bothered, and I'm sure you guys feel the same, especially if you played the first one and fell in love like I did. I've played every single Gran Turismo and milked the hell out of every version... The game is amazing and I can't wait for the new one... COME OUT ALREADY!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Besides the cars, tracks, precision, detail, etc of GT5 there's also something about the progression of the career mode that I always enjoyed. You had to save yer moneys, be selective in which cars to buy and upgrade. The progression was perfectly staggered from licenses to building your garage. Forza never quite got that right.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
wouldnt it be funny if they only put USDM cars on US playstation systems? haha you'd have to buy a japanese one to play with the cool cars :|
LMAO! That would be hillarious. And then we wouldn't be able to get all the cars that aren't "legal" to drive in the US hahahahaha

Let's try to keep the fan-boy comments to a minimum eugenile and zumnwrx. I only posted this to update people that want the game.

Also neither Sony or PD have ever given specific release dates like this one. PD has said its ready and they can release it whenever and Sony has said it should be ready by so and so. Retailers have been making release date claims since day 1 but clearly they have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
Whens that coming out?
Wouldn't be for almost another 8-10yrs. Sony runs the Playstation line at 10yr lifespans, although the PS2 has been selling extremely well far past its 10yr lifespan. Plus the PS3 is built for the future of gaming with 3D gaming and the ability to use the HUGE blu-ray discs.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
In the time it has taken for GT5 to be release:

I sold my PS3
2 Versions of Forza have been released (i bought both)

that pretty much sums up my thoughts on GT5... looks fun but i dont have a PS3 anymore, and im pretty sure its just vaporware that will never come out.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
whats really funny:

before yesterdays announcement of Nov 2 amazon had it listed as a Sept 1 release date... with means they bumped it back AGAIN... lols
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 2010 Outback, former '02 WRX and '04 STi owner
While it's great that this game is finally coming out, any good will they had from me was squandered long ago with all the ridiculous delays. Sure, it's an amazing list of cars, but that doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is more than likely going to be the same repetitious ****: race the same track over and over and over and over and over to earn small amounts of money to buy a new car to race a different track over and over and over and over, rinse and repeat. That's not an exaggeration, either; seriously, go back and play GT4 again and tell me I'm wrong. I'll wait.

Anyway, all that stuff just isn't "fun", in my personal opinion. Forza may not have the same exhaustive list of cars (99% you'll never see or use, 'cause you'll all be racing STi's anyway, right? :P), Forza at least gets it right in how quickly paced everything is.

But hey, that's just me.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Wouldn't be for almost another 8-10yrs. Sony runs the Playstation line at 10yr lifespans, although the PS2 has been selling extremely well far past its 10yr lifespan. Plus the PS3 is built for the future of gaming with 3D gaming and the ability to use the HUGE blu-ray discs.
The PS2 has only been around for 10 years and nearly 4 of those years have been with the PS3.

Your math is broken.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 2010 Outback, former '02 WRX and '04 STi owner
PS2 hit store shelves in September 2000; sure, it's been alive a few months longer if you factor in Japan, but Superglue's right; your math is broken.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
Whens that coming out?
it was actually a joke..... i was suggesting that GT5 is never going to come out for the ps3.. i guess from now on i have to end every post with a "lol"..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by papakiet
well..myself, like other people here, bought the ps3 specifically for GT5.. at this point..i'm just going to get GT5 to fulfill the reason for me wasting money on my ps3.. FF13 didn't do it for me.
Yeah I got my friend to buy a 360 almost 3 years ago now, under the agreement that I would buy a PS3 when GT5 comes out and keep it in his room (We're roommates 1/2 the week)

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm just as irritated by the makers of GT for delaying this thing so damn long, but the amount of work that has gone into making this game is insane and I know gameplay will reflect nicely. The GT folks worked their asses off to make something that will blow everything else out of the water, and I have to admit that I'm giddy llike a school girl and can't friggin wait for it to finally come out! Forza is great and all but there's just something about Gran Turismo that gets me all wet and bothered, and I'm sure you guys feel the same, especially if you played the first one and fell in love like I did. I've played every single Gran Turismo and milked the hell out of every version... The game is amazing and I can't wait for the new one... COME OUT ALREADY!!!
oh but they modeled the interior of the cars for us!!! :| :| :| whoGAF!?!? I don't even use the interior view.

Does anyone prefer the outside view? the one thats 20 feet behind the car in the air? I can't feel what the car is doing when in interior view. I noticed all the kids who play initial D use interior view and its the hardest thing to use IMO. Maybe they just wanna look cool?

Originally Posted by 04Impreza
LMAO! That would be hillarious. And then we wouldn't be able to get all the cars that aren't "legal" to drive in the US hahahahaha
I was close to buying a japanese or euro PS when they had a bunch of cool mountain racing games in it.

FYI Auto Modelista by Capcom (For US PS) was a sick game for its time and would be worth buying if you found it in a used gamestop rack.

Cell shaded (cartoony cars) with pretty good mods, vinyl sticker studio, mountain courses and other real life tracks. speed streaks and drift splashes make the sense of speed. this game is definitely psychedelic.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 06-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by EricCRussell
PS2 hit store shelves in September 2000; sure, it's been alive a few months longer if you factor in Japan, but Superglue's right; your math is broken.
Sorry about that.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i actually use the in car view with GT5P. if you sit really close to the tv, you actually have a good sense of driving and where the car is to the road.

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5 VS Latest Forza VS Other driving simulator