Good place to get an alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Slide
Gonna need an alignment and corner balance after tarmac 2/ rce camber plates and cusco lca etc install by rbms soon.

Any recommended spots near rbms or back towards concord where I'll be coming from?
Near RBMS, and that these are guys I use these days, is Motorsports Techniques in hayward.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Gagan Dude Racing alignments?
Yeah... I dunno about that. LOL
Old 05-08-2014, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
I have inquiries out to both roger kraus and Motorsport techniques. MT says $350 for alignment with corner balancing.

Still waiting to hear back from Kraus...
Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Are you tracking the car? If not.. no need for corner balancing.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Couple times a year... I have a lemons/chump car to beat up on usually though.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Slide
I have inquiries out to both roger kraus and Motorsport techniques. MT says $350 for alignment with corner balancing.

Still waiting to hear back from Kraus...
I've paid less I'm sure from Motorsports Techniques.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by oshrizak
Are you tracking the car? If not.. no need for corner balancing.
Now that I've had it done, I'll never not do it. Even just driving around regular roads the left/right weight transfer feels really smooth.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:40 PM

I just made an appointment with MT, for the 15th in the afternoon. Guy on the phone sounded a little hesitant about it. Hopefully they are able to tackle it correctly.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
what do you mean hesitant? they should be able to align and corner balance it with no problems if they have the right equiptment. do you know what alignment rack they use?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:47 PM

No idea. Not sure if it's on their website...
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM

Well as usual the guys at rbms were awesome!

Went from there to Motorsport techniques for an alignment and corner balance. They have a hunter hawk lazer I believe. After about two hours they come back an tell me that one of their scales is reading improperly and they can't do the corner balance.

My bs meter pegged. I don't think they have a guy there anymore who knows how to do it. They just gave me a regular alignment and then I was out the door.

Went back to rbms for a couple things and found that MT did not tighten any of the lock bolts on the rear cusco suspension pieces...

Great...

So I give them a total thumbs down. I do not recommend Motorsport techniques at all.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:06 AM

Why is it so hard to find a good alignment shop?

I recently talked to someone who got an incorrect alignment @ Auto Innovations which scares me because they have become my spot. Roger Kraus I'll never go back to because the gentlemen did not tighten the bolts after aligning my car. It was obviously within 500 feet of driving and clunking (yes he drove my car afterward first and gave it the ok), oops he forget to the tighten the bolt and apologized. What the hell was he doing when he test drove my car? How did he miss this? Anyway I had to get the car realigned it felt like ****, and when I took it to Auto Innovations without mentioning my R Kraus visit, the alignment was totally off and not even close to what the print out had said from R Kraus.

Why is it so hard to find a good alignment shop? Are people that stupid in the world? Are they just lazy?

I think the real problem here is shops are suspension expert mechanics, then they send you to some third party dip **** to get your alignment. Will Subaru repair shops ever get their own alignment racks? Come on guys you can't be a suspension expert shop without an alignment rack.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 05-17-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Why is it so hard to find a good alignment shop? I recently talked to someone who got an incorrect alignment @ Auto Innovations which scares me because they have become my spot. Roger Kraus I'll never go back to because the gentlemen did not tighten the bolts after aligning my car. It was obviously within 500 feet of driving and clunking (yes he drove my car afterward first and gave it the ok), oops he forget to the tighten the bolt and apologized. What the hell was he doing when he test drove my car? How did he miss this? Anyway I had to get the car realigned it felt like ****, and when I took it to Auto Innovations without mentioning my R Kraus visit, the alignment was totally off and not even close to what the print out had said from R Kraus. Why is it so hard to find a good alignment shop? Are people that stupid in the world? Are they just lazy? I think the real problem here is shops are suspension expert mechanics, then they send you to some third party dip **** to get your alignment. Will Subaru repair shops ever get their own alignment racks? Come on guys you can't be a suspension expert shop without an alignment rack.
So what was it that auto innovations did wrong?
Old 05-18-2014, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
I miss working at the family's tire shop cuz I could do my own alignment whenever I wanted as long as the rack was open

Perfect tire wear since i was able to rotate/flip tires and align every few months haha
Old 05-18-2014, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRB STI Wagon
Hey guys, so I'm need over an alignment but I'm completely stock so I I'm just looking for a factory alignment. My choices so far are either got to Capitol subaru, Speedelement, or edge motor works. Should I go to one of these places or would you guys recommend else where since I'm just looking for factory specs?

I'm located in San Jose so I would prefer not to drive too far if possible.

Thanks,
Randy

Quick Reply: Good place to get an alignment