GO LAKERS!!!!!! (and "Warriors" too?!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 04:06 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
btw, on a serious note, after the Nugs lost last night, JR Smith guaranteed Denver will make it to the Finals. that dude has talent, but too bad he never knows when to keep his mouth shut. dude just poked the MAMBA again!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 PM

happy Memorial Day, y'all! much respect to all the soldiers, both fallen and those still w/us, esp the ones out there doing work right now!

almost time for our Lake Show warriors to head back into battle against the Nugs! get out there....play HARD+SMART! lock down on D+control the paint @ BOTH ends+share the rock/get good, aggressive shots+get another W and make us PROUD!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 PM

here we go! get out there and take care of business!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Nugs played outa their minds the 1st half, esp JR+Birdman. we're lucky to be down only 7 @ the break. Melo's didn't even do much cuz he's got the runs or something. lol

seriously, we're still right there. we gotta pick up the intensity+HIT OPEN SHOTS (D-Fish, Sasha, Farmar+Co!)+and check JR better. our interior D is better than we started, but we still gotta clog things up down low....too many dishes for dunks+lay-ups. Birdman got too many easy shots again! GET ON HIM!

we can do this....just settle down and play like we're capable. the Nugs are the aggressors, so we gotta pick it up a bit and make them work harder for shots. at the other end, go STRONG to the cup.....way too many weak shots in the paint. we gotta be assertive+get to the line for FTs too!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:12 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Wow, I've seen it all with the officiating in the WHOLE playoffs.How could they not have seen the trip by Jones ? But you know what , props to KB for being a mature player. Other players would have started a fracas after that move.
This is the WORST officiating I've seen, not just in this series but the other playoff games.

Last edited by 2cam16; 05-25-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 PM

i hear you, 2cam. officiating has been bad in both our series & Cavs+Magic. we lost out again w/the no-call on Dahntay INTENTIONALLY tripping Kobe & Bynum's flagrant foul that was just a clean, hard foul (both acknowledged by commentators) but we gotta just shine it. we have no control over the refs.

we just got beat this game. we didn't let one get away like the other game. Nugs just played more hungry l stronger. hats off to them. they got to all the loose *****+rebounds and were way more aggressive w/the ball.....driving to the hole+creating/finishing/getting to the line. JR went nuts dishing+jacking up longballs & hitting them all over the place! were on our heels the whole game!

once again, KB had little help out there. Pau+Drew had some moments, but once the Nugs started running+gunning, they got too many easy buckets and built a huge lead. Pau+Bynum don't thrive in the transition game. they need to be on the block or set offense to be effective, and you can't do that playing from behind all the time!

i'm disappointed in the loss, but i'm more upset by our lack of toughness+intensity again. it's tiring to keep complaining about it cuz that's just how we are. we're more of a finesse+skill squad, but we have to learn to adjust! no one's asking our guys to suddenly become toughguys & knock the Nugs on their @$#es. but they DO have to play HARDER and at least match other teams' effort+enthusiasm! there is no way Birdman should be killing us the way he is....averaging double figures in scoring?? getting a double-double this game?? that just can't happen! it won't if the guys MOVE and don't just stand around flat-footed!

anyways, disappointing loss, but no need overreact+panic. we did what they did....got the split. now it's back on us to come back home & take homecourt back again in game 5. it's a best of 3 now. regroup+recharge+dig deep+come out sharper & STRONGER and take game 5!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP WRX
Originally Posted by 2cam16
Wow, I've seen it all with the officiating in the WHOLE playoffs.How could they not have seen the trip by Jones ? But you know what , props to KB for being a mature player. Other players would have started a fracas after that move.
This is the WORST officiating I've seen, not just in this series but the other playoff games.
kobe just doesnt want that last technical. losing kobe for a game would be devistating.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Originally Posted by soobibt
kobe just doesnt want that last technical. losing kobe for a game would be devistating.
EXACTLY my point. And that's called maturity.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Car Info: '05 OBP WRX
Originally Posted by 2cam16
EXACTLY my point. And that's called maturity.
"Kobe" and "mature" shouldn't be in the same sentence. I liked Kobe after the game when he admitted they got stomped. Ref's cant make up 19 points.

and for the record, Carmelo got t'd up for patting Kobe on the chest after a foul... That's bad officiating.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 AM

this talk about 'maturity' & 'bad officiating' is hilarious+ironic to say the least. to that, one just has to say....jr smith, kmart,.....and on BOTH accounts....DAHNTAY JONES.

anyways, enough w/the extra-curriculars & getting side-tracked. we gotta just play through the BS. refs are not going to bail us out, so don't give them any opportunities to cost us games w/bad+missed calls either. when close games are lost by just a couple or few buckets, it's usually cuz teams aren't handling their biz and executing the rest of the game. get blown out, and it shows you're not putting in any effort at all. there' no excuse for a team as talented+experienced as we are to
be losing by double-digits.

Lake Show simply need to step things up. KB has been the most consistent dude in either of the Conference Finals. our supporting cast is not doing their job and giving him enough help. the toll of the long, physical series w/both the jazz+rockets is startin to show, but that was on us cuz we didn't take care of biz and put those teams away earlier too. we can't worry about that now. we just have to suck it up and find it in ourselves to play HARDER+MORE FOCUSED.

again, it's 2 out of 3 now. we have homecourt and need to go out there in game 5 and use it to our advantage. it won't mean a dang thing if ALL our guys, esp Pau+Drew+LAMAR+D-FISH+SASHA+JORDAN don't play w/more effort & heart tho!

can't wait until game 5!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
dahntay jones did a dirty play...no doubt about that. and he should get whatever the league decides

that being said, it was nice to watch a nugs game where i wasn't stressed out the whole time...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
The lakers played great last night. Keep it up.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 PM

Please don't feed the trolls. I mean, Gim....err, Gump! lol

best of 7 series, y'all....we just need 2 more wins!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM

BREAKING NEWS...........

The NBA upgraded Dahntay Jones' *intentional* trip of Kobe in game 4 to a flagrant 1 foul.
(Dahntay now has 3 flagrant foul pts...players are suspended 1 game when they reach 4pts)
The NBA rescinded Andre Bynum's flagrant foul on Chris Andersen in game 4 & downgraded it to a regular foul.

Wouldn't have really changed the outcome of game 4, but it would be nice/better for teams involved+the FANS if the refs would get the calls right when they happen & not after the fact!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM

Name:  repLakeShow24_7.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  29.2 KB
on another note, UPS guy hooked me up, and now i'm all locked+loaded to rep the squad the rest of the way!
GO LAKERS!!!!!!

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 05-26-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: GO LAKERS!!!!!! (and "Warriors" too?!!)