GO LAKERS!!!!!! (and "Warriors" too?!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Kobe = the Michael Jordan of basketball today

not until he leads his team to 6 championships WITHOUT a dominating big man. Would have been 9 had he not taken that time off to mourn is pops.

nobody is the jordan of anything.

Kobe is insane. He's damn good. I used to think the next jordon...then I started thinking of what jordon really did....never gonna be another jordon. Just guys that are on a similar level of play and kobe is one of those. Dude is amazing. I saw him pop a jumper last night that was very jordonesk...it just went. Didn't even move the damn net. Stop and pop. Just wow.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
Well, "Employee #8....err, #24" has finally got the Lake Show back on the winning track w/2 back to back stellar performances....first dropping 65 in an OT thriller against the JailBlazers on Fri & lowering the boom on the T-Pups w/a 50pt effort. That guy is goooood!

Oh, and almost the whole LAKERS starting squad decided to show up tonight too, which was real nice......

Luke Walton....10 pts 8 rebounds 11 assists
Odom......16+9+8
Smush Parker.......19+7+9

Kwame "Hands of Stone" Brown.......no comment

Man, it was a rough going for us LAKER fans for a while, but, hopefully, they can rally around KB & get it together to make it to the bonus round(S) and do some damage when/if they get there!

Oh, and not lost in all of this is the resurgence?? of the "Warriors!" I still root for these guys in my heart, but, as most of us Bay Area OG's know, it's just self-preservation not getting too high on them. Let's hope B-Diddy & Co can keep things going in the right direction too and finally do you know what.
you are hard core

i appluad you
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally Posted by sigma pi
you are hard core

i appluad you
thx, and, yeah, i've been rolling w/the Lake Show ever since way back in the day when my pops would cuss Kareem+Co out in the pre-Magic days.

it's been a rough going lately tho. w/Smush pouting about PJ benching him during 4th qtrs, the Lakers are stuck playing like 4 on 5 most of the time. Smush was already in the doghouse because of his shoddy play, so he's pretty much sealed the deal as far him getting the boot at the end of the season. man, i wish Kupcake could've made the deal for Kidd happen. that would've given us a real boost.

oh well, as it is, falling to the 7th spot isn't so bad. At the 6th, we'd be playing the Spurs. I and most other Lake Show fans would much rather get another crack at the Suns. Hopefully that happens and we get healthy FAST, so we can send Nash, TinkerBell, & gang packing like we shoulda last season.

as for the Warriors, they're making a valiant effort to end their playoff drought. i really thought i was over a couple months ago when Nellie proclaimed, "i can't get these guys to the playoffs." it's gonna be REAL close tho, and they need a lot of help from the Clippers. the Clips have 2 more games left than the W's, so they're gonna have to lose at least a couple more than them for the W's to finally get to the bonus round(s). i hope they make it tho.

GO LAKERS (and Warriors)!!!!!!!1111 :banana:
Old 04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
So yeah, I need Lakers to win tonight. Plz. Then they can loose again as much as possible.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
GO LAKERS! I wanna see Nash get teabagged by Kobe again!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
Lakers lost ... to the clippers
I wanted them to win so bad, so the warriors will have a better chance of getting into the playoff.
DAMN the clippers !
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I didn't think I'd hear myself say this, f*ck the Clippers.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

that ballhog even with 50 points cant beat a TEAM...

jeez...

thanks for nothing lakers...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ldivinag
that ballhog even with 50 points cant beat a TEAM...

jeez...

thanks for nothing lakers...

if your playoff entry hopes are based off another team loosing....you're probably gonna loose the first round anyways.

Lakers will probably loose to the suns in the first round anyways.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:41 PM

curse you, Kupcake!? even Kobe is human, and there's no way Kobe can carry the team for a full season. our sorry excuse for a GM better get KB some help this offseason. at the pace that Kobe's going, he's not going to last more than a few more seasons before wearing down.

as far as last night's game vs the Clips goes, the Lake Show had it, but gave up another 4th qtr lead. up by 10 w/8:xx min to go in the 4th and let ET (Sam Cassell) & Co back in it?? aye carumba

sorry, Warriors. the good news is that at least they mightl be back in the running for the Oden+Durant sweepstakes. hopefully we won't be too.....i really want another shot @ Tinkerbell & the Suns even if we're playing like crap right now.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
curse you, Kupcake!? even Kobe is human, and there's no way Kobe can carry the team for a full season. our sorry excuse for a GM better get KB some help this offseason. at the pace that Kobe's going, he's not going to last more than a few more seasons before wearing down.

as far as last night's game vs the Clips goes, the Lake Show had it, but gave up another 4th qtr lead. up by 10 w/8:xx min to go in the 4th and let ET (Sam Cassell) & Co back in it?? aye carumba

sorry, Warriors. the good news is that at least they mightl be back in the running for the Oden+Durant sweepstakes. hopefully we won't be too.....i really want another shot @ Tinkerbell & the Suns even if we're playing like crap right now.

too many key injuries for the lakers this year.

They need another defensive body..interior...big....decent. Someone they can lean on when they need some D...like the 4th quarter.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch
GO KINGS! F-- the lakers! Man, I'm still upset about 2002... that was our frickin year.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI CGM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
if your playoff entry hopes are based off another team loosing....you're probably gonna loose the first round anyways.

Havent the Warriors won 5 of the last 6 against the Mavs?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
too many key injuries for the lakers this year.

They need another defensive body..interior...big....decent. Someone they can lean on when they need some D...like the 4th quarter.
lake show has definitely been battered and bruised throughout the season, but even at full strength, they rely too much on kobe's scoring. dude is the only go to guy on the court. as versatile as Odom is, he really isn't an option when the LAKERS have a must score situation. kobe's been amazing on the offensive end this season and last, but, as i've said all along, i'm really worried about the effects of all of this. the wear and tear is going to cut his career short. even MJ's body broke down, and he had a much better supporting cast in the second half of his career. people forget that while kobe is only 28, he's already been in the L for 11 years. that's a lot of pounding on the knees & joints, esp for a 6-6 slashing guard that also works pretty darn hard guarding the opposing teams' best guards on the defensive end a lot of nights too.

but, yeah, the LAKERS definitely need a post presence & a PF+C that can patrol the lane on both ends but esp on D. Bynum might be good some day, but the kid is clearly not ready yet and is soft as cotton candy.

above and beyond all that, we NEED a COMPETENT point guard. I've been rooting for Smush all along. I even thought he had some potential when he was w/the Cavs and playing behind Dejuan Wagner, but dude is just not the answer. What's more, he's unexplicably come down w/some primadonna complex like he's D-Wade, Kobe, or Lebron. At least those guys ARE good. Smush is just lucky to be back in the L again and not bouncing around the Euro leagues or NBDL let alone being the starting PG for the LAKERS. but dude's been handed the job by default because we really are that sorry at the point. with Sasha Vujacrap & a steal green Farmar on the bench, PJ doesn't have any other choice but to give Smush the burn.

but, whatever, enough ranting and whining. there's still work to be done. Lake Show needs to get it together and FAST..........for their sake and the Warriors'.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

p.s. i guess it could be worse. at least we're not the QUEENS. seriously tho, it's not even fun to poke fun at them anymore. i enjoyed the rivalry we used to have, but, man, they're really headed down the dumps. it's actually pretty sad how far they've fallen.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 AM

*SIGH* Lake Show really are on the skids. I hate it when I'm right sometimes.....Kobe looked extremely tired+lethargic against the Suns tonight.

nice win by the Warriors over the Queens tho.

2 games to go......this is gonna be surprisingly close.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!11111

Quick Reply: GO LAKERS!!!!!! (and "Warriors" too?!!)