Girl says she has a dating site profile to meet friends. Yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
^^^ no matter how many time i see your avatar i am always amused. lol
Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by irrational x
If you're posting on the internet asking for relationship help.... you probably already know the answer...
Does it have to do something with your avatar?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Tittiwop????
Old 02-07-2012, 06:08 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by brucelee
BTW, if you want I can start a fake profile and totally hit on her to bait her and see what she says. lol
I hate to say it, but I am in on this... OKCupid?

Originally Posted by strider327
Warning: Pedo bears are now lurking!
Huhwha?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
i suck at the internet so yeah i usually have my friends listen to this song and or any too $hort songs when they break up

sorry for the not embedded video (dont know how)
Dr.Dre feat.Daz,Snoop Dogg,& Kurupt-*****es Ain't **** - YouTube
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 PM

Old 02-08-2012, 01:36 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
So yea, of course I'm not oblivious to whats going on here. Knowing some things about her, i COULD fathom her being that naive about it but...at the same time she's not stupid. The problem here is I've known her for a really long time and we've had a really good relationship and its hard to think she would do that.

I also know she cares a lot, I was just recently diagnosed with some very life threatening stuff that I'll be going into surgery for tomorrow and will require treatment for some time. She's been the most supportive person out of anybody I know, moved finals around so she can be there all day for my surgery etc. So I'm really torn.

The thing is here its not just that she wants to find herself. Its more of we had some issues with our relationship, and they might stem to some issues she had with her dad and her parents stuff when she was younger etc, and shes seeing her therapist that she used to see when she was younger. Basically she says she thinks she has some issues with herself that she wants to work out before she dates me again, and she said she thinks they could get worked out soon. I can tell she still cares, and I can tell she still is very much interested.

Its just a mind ****. My gut tells me to run the other direction, but talking to her about it and seeing the way she acts towards me makes me think otherwise.

Make any sense?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Sorry you're going through medical issues right now and I hope things work out for you.. I would say focus on your health. Plain facts are you don't sign up to a dating site to find friends period! She maybe just telling you what you want to hear or what sounds good to her.

Originally Posted by pwn
So yea, of course I'm not oblivious to whats going on here. Knowing some things about her, i COULD fathom her being that naive about it but...at the same time she's not stupid. The problem here is I've known her for a really long time and we've had a really good relationship and its hard to think she would do that.

I also know she cares a lot, I was just recently diagnosed with some very life threatening stuff that I'll be going into surgery for tomorrow and will require treatment for some time. She's been the most supportive person out of anybody I know, moved finals around so she can be there all day for my surgery etc. So I'm really torn.

The thing is here its not just that she wants to find herself. Its more of we had some issues with our relationship, and they might stem to some issues she had with her dad and her parents stuff when she was younger etc, and shes seeing her therapist that she used to see when she was younger. Basically she says she thinks she has some issues with herself that she wants to work out before she dates me again, and she said she thinks they could get worked out soon. I can tell she still cares, and I can tell she still is very much interested.

Its just a mind ****. My gut tells me to run the other direction, but talking to her about it and seeing the way she acts towards me makes me think otherwise.

Make any sense?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by pwn
So this girl I was dating for a bit, we're on a break at the moment, and I come to discover she has a dating profile on a site. I know she had one before, but she deleted it when we started dating. Now its back (I was curious so I looked).

She says she has it because she wants to meet new people and doesn't have the means to do so with her current situation. What would you guys do?

This is the kind of situation where she says she needs some time to find herself etc, thinks if she has some time she will come back around, says she still wants to date etc etc, isn't looking to date anybody else right now.

I told her thats definitely not the right way to meet people if shes only interested in friends. Am I wrong?
Why do you care?

I mean really man, if you two aint together, she is free to do as she wishes. Then again so are you. See this is why I am glad I don't do the closed relationship thing, no reason to hide things, if I am out and about with someone, I just tell my partner "hey gona go hang out with XYZ and fool around"
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 AM

Car Info: Fast
Whatever you do support her in the same fashion she supports you, or better. That is what a relationship is about. If it does not work out at least you gave it your best, and did not turn into a dick. Keep it positive

Sorry to hear about your health issues bud. A final bit of advice: do not take dating advice from internet "people"!!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ldivinag
Tittiwop????
wow took us 78 posts. We are slipping
Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
Piidb
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Togtfo!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Ibtl with her
Old 02-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
In for the gang bang!

Quick Reply: Girl says she has a dating site profile to meet friends. Yay or nay?