Girl says she has a dating site profile to meet friends. Yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
The "I want a break to see if ill come back" is basically saying I want to meet a guy and bang him, or I've met a guy and I'm banging him, but I don't want to be rude to you
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Not worth it man, theres plenty of fishes in the sea. Having sometime to think doesnt require having a reactivated profile on a dating website supposing "Looking for friends"
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Car Info: 2009 WRX 5dr OBP
Funny thing, I recently read something on reddit that attempts to explain this type of behavior. Broad generalization (no pun intended), but it goes something like this: Girls evaluate guys and try to determine whether or not they're BF material--if he doesn't make the cut, she'll pursue a friendship instead, and will often make the assumption that he is doing the same. Guys on the other hand, see a relationship as a natural progression from a friendship, and will more often pursue a romantic relationship after being friends for a period of time. This disconnect leads to miscommunication when friend/romantic relationship desires don't align.

Sounds like the OP's girl is taking this to the next level. "I'm using this dating site to meet guy friends. Don't worry, the guys I meet will see it the same way, and when we meet up for a date they will figure that I'm not looking for anything romantic, and will appreciate the fact that I used their time on a dating site as a friendzoning tool."

She's either *extremely* naive to the social order of the world...or she's BS'ing. Take your pick.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STI
Originally Posted by pwn
I know she had one before, but she deleted it when we started dating...
you answered your own question bud. apparently when she got into a relationship with you, she found that it was appropriate to delete the profile. it's not really a coincidence that now that you're on a "break," she's back on the site.

honestly, the whole "i need a break" is just BS. it's either she wants to see what else is out there, or you're smothering her... whatever the case it ends up bad for you.

cut your losses, cash out, and play another day. do it sooner than later before you make a fool of yourself. real talk.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Heedz
I say.... If she hasn't done anything with any other guys yet.... **** her one more time like nuts, cream and say see ya you can handle that with your new dating profile friends! LOL
I am on board with this.
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by slugrx
The "I want a break to see if ill come back" is basically saying I want to meet a guy and bang him, or I've met a guy and I'm banging him, but I don't want to be rude to you
I am going to go have a fling BRB

Car Info: 2006 STI
B-PLEASE dating site to make friends. LMAO!!! you can do that on FB..How would she like it if you were to tell her that same BS line about having a dating profile to meet friends.
Someone said it earlier. Friends With Benefits is where she should be at the very most right now if even that man.
if you can get some Dome, beat em up and superman that Ho!! Cut your losses and bounce..
Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Like everyone else I say move on.

On a different not a buddy of mine made dating profiles on OKcupid and Plenty of fish to find girls to bang. It has worked wonders for him. I recommend you do the same.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Dartholomew
Funny thing, I recently read something on reddit that attempts to explain this type of behavior. Broad generalization (no pun intended), but it goes something like this: Girls evaluate guys and try to determine whether or not they're BF material--if he doesn't make the cut, she'll pursue a friendship instead, and will often make the assumption that he is doing the same. Guys on the other hand, see a relationship as a natural progression from a friendship, and will more often pursue a romantic relationship after being friends for a period of time. This disconnect leads to miscommunication when friend/romantic relationship desires don't align.

Sounds like the OP's girl is taking this to the next level. "I'm using this dating site to meet guy friends. Don't worry, the guys I meet will see it the same way, and when we meet up for a date they will figure that I'm not looking for anything romantic, and will appreciate the fact that I used their time on a dating site as a friendzoning tool."

She's either *extremely* naive to the social order of the world...or she's BS'ing. Take your pick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T_lh5fR4DMA
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
i'm curious as to what exactly "we're on break" means. maybe you see it as celibacy but she interprets it as seeing other people to see how it goes? obviously if you don't see eye to eye on this there is a problem. also who initiated the break? if you initiated it she may think you might not come back from this "break" and feel it's wise to keep her options open. now if she initiated it, i see a problem because it does smell of her looking for greener grass.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM

I say keep her while you're still getting the "benefit" but don't be emotionally attached. A roller coaster ride is supposed to be fun right?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:07 AM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
like heedz said beat and skeet all over her, treat her like the floosy she is being.

my ex cut out on me saying similar things, i made her life a living heck while she stuck around.
emotionally detach yourself and consider her a on going one night stand
then when she leaves replace with multiple women.

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Time to sleep with her hot friends.
Bag as many as you can before they catch on!
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
She's defiantly looking for moan bone.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Time to sleep with her hot friend.
This could work.

Quick Reply: Girl says she has a dating site profile to meet friends. Yay or nay?