Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM STi
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Dude, same exact thing happened to me. I was a little kid and sleeping in my sleeping bag. Suddenly something grabbed my big toe and let go. It was quick. I shot up turned the lights on and screemed like a little girl till my mom got there. I think it was just a blood preasure thing,...maybe my foot fell asleep or something.
My friend said when he was young (about 6 or so) he was laying in bed when BOTH of his feet were pulled!! Enough to move him from where he was sleeping He is still freaked out about that incident to this day.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Originally Posted by jvick125
No that's what you do. It's insane. You can do it in broad day light or at night. They put powder on the back of your car, you put it in neutral and then you start to go up the hill. I think it's a silent chain or something. But then once you're at the top, you look at the back of your car and there are hand prints like someone pushed your car up the hill.
And you're sure those hand prints weren't there before?

Look at the back of your car right now; if you've got the slightest bit of road dust on there, there'll be hand prints from closing the trunk etc.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
wow, i didn't think there'd be that many people w/personal experiences! I'm glad no one's had real menacing/violent encounter though. I've read about some pretty crazy experiences on some sites.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Car Info: a wrx?
my friend told me this story about him: one night, he and his girlfriend were sleeping in their bedroom when my friend all of a sudden sat straight up with beads of sweat dripping down his head. his girlfriend woke up and asked what he was doing. when she asked for the second or third time, he grabbed her throat and wouldn't let go. his girlfriend freaked out and started crying as she was trying to pry his hand off of her throat, but nothing seemed to work. finally, she slapped him across the face and he finally let go. after he released his hand, he franticly apologized to her and explained that he knew what was going on, but he just couldn't move any part of his body...

when he told me that, i was just like "wowwww"...as for myself, i have never encountered any strange incidents but i do want to see a ghost really really badly...love being freaked out.

btw, great thread!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:01 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Originally Posted by t-rex grrr
my friend told me this story about him: one night, he and his girlfriend were sleeping in their bedroom when my friend all of a sudden sat straight up with beads of sweat dripping down his head. his girlfriend woke up and asked what he was doing. when she asked for the second or third time, he grabbed her throat and wouldn't let go. his girlfriend freaked out and started crying as she was trying to pry his hand off of her throat, but nothing seemed to work. finally, she slapped him across the face and he finally let go. after he released his hand, he franticly apologized to her and explained that he knew what was going on, but he just couldn't move any part of his body...

when he told me that, i was just like "wowwww"...as for myself, i have never encountered any strange incidents but i do want to see a ghost really really badly...love being freaked out.

btw, great thread!
lol,...brutal. I once had this dream I was in a fight. I was down on the ground with this guy and delivering elbows to his face. Next thing I know I hear my girlfriend yelling at me. I nailed her in the side of the head with one. She was pissed,...I felt so bad. When you sleep, your brain is supposed to secrete a chemical that keeps you from moving or acting out your dreams...sometimes it doesn't work that well.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
lol,...brutal. I once had this dream I was in a fight. I was down on the ground with this guy and delivering elbows to his face. Next thing I know I hear my girlfriend yelling at me. I nailed her in the side of the head with one. She was pissed,...I felt so bad. When you sleep, your brain is supposed to secrete a chemical that keeps you from moving or acting out your dreams...sometimes it doesn't work that well.
My friend did that to his wife too. He said in his dream this old guy wanted to show him what's under his pants and he was angry that he kept pushing to let him do it.

To make a long story short, he tried to kick him in the ding ding and wham! His wife took it right there. She's about 5'1 and he's 5'10, works out everyday + running 3 miles every morning. She wasn't happy
Old 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM

intro:

There is a superstition that my friends believe *filipino* that if you smell a burning candle, there is a ghost around.

story:

We were all chilling outside my boys house having a party for Friend A leaving to the phillipines the next day *well that day actuallly, it was past midnight*

Friend A & B took off on bicycles down the street. About 10 minutes later, friend A comes hauling *** back and goes inside, then a minute later friend B comes up.

We ask friend B what's up? He said friend A smelled a burning candle strong as ever... then freaked out and hauled *** back. Now we're all 18 and up here, so it's kinda strange.

fast forward to that afternoon: *same day remember the event happened after midnight*

I'm driving A and B and 2 more random people to SF airport to drop off friend A. We drop him off, he goes, we leave SFO.

Now we've never been to the SF before, so we decide to drive around and see what we can find, I believe we took the millbrae exit, then head down el camino north for awhile. We stopped at some mall that i can't remember the name atm, then head north again on El Camino.

This whole time, i'm being pressured to make left or right turns. I'm being resistant cause i'm not about to get lost, none of us been there and knows how to get home. None of us know anything north of fremont =p

Well we drove for quite some time, and Friend B all of a sudden yells "hey i know this place, my lil bro is burried here" (lil bro drowned at like 5y/o friend B wasn't much older, mother also died at the same time, she drown trying to save the lil bro)

He hasn't been there in like over 10 years or so and only been there once or twice at that.

We somehow make it to a cemetary in Colma, and as if being guided, my friend walked right up to the exact grave where his lil bro was...

So we start going on like how that burning candle smell was his little bro telling him to visit etc..... we all start to believe, but it wasn't until i was taking a picture of Friend B posing next to the gravestone that made us believe.....

As i'm looking through the camera lense, i notice something odd about the date, it was apparently Friend B's lil bro's Bday...THAT FRICKEN DAY!!!!

a little to much coincidence for me to believe it was chance.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
^ thats pretty trippy. cool story tho
Old 07-22-2005, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
I have a cousin who was in a car accident back in 98.He was a pro skater, Phil Shao.I have had a few times where i wake up in the middle of the night to get something to drink or go to the rest room and i see him,Just sitting.Dont think much of it till the next day.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 99 gc8
yea i have had sleep paralysis..and i experienced it atleast twice already, the first time was last summer when i came back up to oakland, from socal and it was 5am in the morning sleeping on my couch in out living room...the only things i remember was that i had my right hand covering my eyes completely and that i couldnt talk or move at all, and at the same time have visions of that devil star what ever you call it, something -gram, but anyways it last for 5 whole minutes until i finally got up and just ran to my dad...the other time was about 6 months ago in LA when i came home from school n took a nap, all of a sudden my whole body turns numb and again cant talk, i see the same images as before but this time whispers of some demon telling me to do something..after i got out of it, i found myself in a cold sweat and shivering alone in my room..i had no one around so called my friends to pick me up...yea they were really wierd and very scary experiences but its also hard to think that it wont happen again...is there someone or something out there try to tell me somthing..?? man i think i need to start preparing for these things if it happens again..i am a martial artist and ive learned the ways of how "chi" works within people and the world..n after learning that some of the best martial artists in the world (even those who are not known like our asian ancestors) have been able to deal with paranormal activities such as sleep paralysis or even encounters with ghosts with their chi or qi...ok ill shut up_
Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 AM

For the Gravity Hill heads... if I remember it right, you have to put the car in neutral before the 90 degree bend facing back toward antioch at the pole at the bottom of the hill and the car will start moving uphill. It'll continue moving uphill for about 4 or 5 poles or so then it'll stop moving. I forget which poles exactly work, but it works something like that.

I remember when I first heard about Gravity Hill a couple years back before the area got popular, I heard my friend saying he saw some KKK people rolling around in trucks telling people to go away.

Another haunted spot: the old hospital in the Presidio on 15 Ave. Many ghost sightings and very creepy, especially inside.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Dude, you watch out the way you handle chi! As superstitious and strange as it sounds, some noi gung (internal kung fu) practitioners have seen some pretty nasty visions, and some have gone crazy from the shiet that they saw. There's some dude I heard of in Hong Kong that went too far in his training and now he sees bloody corpses and devils all over the damn place that no one else sees. I dunno how true the story is, but just be careful because there are LOTS of these stories...

Originally Posted by hirogx
yea i have had sleep paralysis..and i experienced it atleast twice already, the first time was last summer when i came back up to oakland, from socal and it was 5am in the morning sleeping on my couch in out living room...the only things i remember was that i had my right hand covering my eyes completely and that i couldnt talk or move at all, and at the same time have visions of that devil star what ever you call it, something -gram, but anyways it last for 5 whole minutes until i finally got up and just ran to my dad...the other time was about 6 months ago in LA when i came home from school n took a nap, all of a sudden my whole body turns numb and again cant talk, i see the same images as before but this time whispers of some demon telling me to do something..after i got out of it, i found myself in a cold sweat and shivering alone in my room..i had no one around so called my friends to pick me up...yea they were really wierd and very scary experiences but its also hard to think that it wont happen again...is there someone or something out there try to tell me somthing..?? man i think i need to start preparing for these things if it happens again..i am a martial artist and ive learned the ways of how "chi" works within people and the world..n after learning that some of the best martial artists in the world (even those who are not known like our asian ancestors) have been able to deal with paranormal activities such as sleep paralysis or even encounters with ghosts with their chi or qi...ok ill shut up_
Old 07-23-2005, 04:55 AM

Car Info: Sline
I'm gonna try to go to Gravity Hill this weekend.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:59 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Sleep paralysis is suposed to be due to the brain not releasing you from your paralized sleep state. Obviously...lol. So when you go to sleep your brain tells your body not to move during sleep. This is so you don't act out your dreams or hurt yourself. Usually it works just fine and you wake up in your bed in the morning. When you have sleep paralysis, you start to wake up (although you're still in somewhat of a sleep state) and you can't move or talk, but you seem to be aware of your surroundings. It soon wears off as you becom fully awake. Simple enough, except however, most people that experience this often say that there is some sort of fear involved. Or, that there is some sort of evil entity out there.

The first time this happened to me I was in Haiti witht he military. I was way out in the middle of nowhere in a little coastal village called Jeremie. So I was racked out and when I woke up, I couldn't move. I thought, "This isn't right.". Then I got a little worried. The next thing I felt was a forboding sense that something was coming for me. Something bad and I better wake up before "it" got there. So over and over again I told myself to get up. Finally I sat straight up and could move again. I think it has something to do with the sense that you're totally volnurable and it just scares the hell out of you. I also think that you really arn't awake, and you're just having a really vivid dream.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:13 AM

Car Info: 1986 Toyota Mr2, 2002 Subaru WRX wagon
well damn i have to get to work but i've got one for ya i'll tell it in a little bit.

Quick Reply: Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)