get me a pair of plyers and a blow torch..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Overbear
Just to clear something up here, we do not have a castle law as you stated, BUT, we do NOT have a duty to retreat on the books. In fact CA law states that if you feel your life is in danger (or other lives) you may use any "necessary" force up to and including lethal force.

actually, there is.

i'm gonna re-read my book at home, but IIRC, it says you must do everything to prevent any interaction with the criminal, including leaving your home.

finally, self defense is when you are trapped with no where to go, can you use and including deadly force...
Old 09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by mda
LOL...wait...so, you left your car unlocked? And you're angry that someone broke in? While I understand the fact that people should keep to their own ****, and quit ****ing with other people's ****, you didn't help to deter them. Right?

Sucks about the iPod and the coin tray.
so you are saying that if a female dresses with a very short skirt and a see through top, she deserves to be raped?

reasoning is that she's a ****??????
Old 09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
mda

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by ldivinag
so you are saying that if a female dresses with a very short skirt and a see through top, she deserves to be raped?

reasoning is that she's a ****??????
Putting rape and a simple Burglary on the same page... wow. I've seen it all.

Think about it... most likely the OP lives off of a freeway ramp or outside of a 'high crime rate city'. The people that commit crimes go into that neighborhood, and rob the people that think "zomg...this couldn't happen to me/our community". The "quicker" the payout and the small amount of work that the criminal had to put in most likely *helped* this car being picked out of the other cars on the street.

Hell..Who knows...it could be some kids that knew the iPod was in there and randomly saw the red tabs on the locks. Opened the door...grabbed what they wanted, and walked.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by leftcoast_650
cause im going to beat the **** out of whoever broke into my car last night...

yeah yeah i aided it though for leaving my car unlocked, but maybe i should do it again and wait for him with my sledge. there is no damage to my car only my ipod was taken along with my coin tray..really..i just not don't feel like i can keep anything in my car..

**** california for not having the castle law
**** scumbags
**** my life
Whereabouts in San Mateo did this happen? We live in San Mateo too - now I'm worried....
Old 09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by mda
Putting rape and a simple Burglary on the same page... wow. I've seen it all.

Think about it... most likely the OP lives off of a freeway ramp or outside of a 'high crime rate city'. The people that commit crimes go into that neighborhood, and rob the people that think "zomg...this couldn't happen to me/our community". The "quicker" the payout and the small amount of work that the criminal had to put in most likely *helped* this car being picked out of the other cars on the street.

Hell..Who knows...it could be some kids that knew the iPod was in there and randomly saw the red tabs on the locks. Opened the door...grabbed what they wanted, and walked.

you dont get the connection?

who give a flying **** if leave all doors open... heck even if i remove all 4 doors on my car.

if i dont post a sign saying take whatever you want, then it is against the law for anyone else to remove anything from my car.

and hence the rape example.

the problem is criminals must be stopped. no matter if the door was locked or it wasnt. you were saying it made it easier.

i am saying it doesnt matter.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Whereabouts in San Mateo did this happen? We live in San Mateo too - now I'm worried....
in the hills near laurelwood.. be warned lol
Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
mda

Car Info: ?
you dont get the connection?

who give a flying **** if leave all doors open... heck even if i remove all 4 doors on my car.

if i dont post a sign saying take whatever you want, then it is against the law for anyone else to remove anything from my car.

and hence the rape example.

the problem is criminals must be stopped. no matter if the door was locked or it wasnt. you were saying it made it easier.

i am saying it doesnt matter.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i say you are lucky that you left yoru car unlocked, maybe they were gonna get in your car anyway

at least they didnt bend your windows back or break the glass
Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 PM

overall the thought has been running through my head and im ready to get a remington 870 and since i dont want prison time im thinking rubber pellets and ill switch to the front bedroom.

and i am extremely happy they didnt use force im pretty sure i would have heard it too. what pisses me off is that i was up around 2am doing homework and got up to make a sandwich..i wonder if it was going on then?? who knows. ughhhh
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 PM

Car Info: Rollin' on compressed buffalo
on the only day you forget to lock your car your car gets broken into. obviously someone is watching you, knows what you have in your car, and knows your routine. its probably your neighbor.

it could be someone just around the block that takes midnight strolls around the neighborhood checking for unlocked cars

try this- disable the sound your car makes when you lock it/unlock it (i use the silent lock and do a physically check by tugging on the handle, make it a habit) and stake your car for about a week. see if anyone comes up to your car then BAM! culprit terminated.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by leftcoast_650
overall the thought has been running through my head and im ready to get a remington 870 and since i dont want prison time im thinking rubber pellets and ill switch to the front bedroom.

i would calm down and think about getting a firearm.

a firearm is your last defense.

a good alarm for the car is a good start.

video surveillance around the home is even better.

btw, rubber slugs for shotguns can still kill a person...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:40 PM

i would calm down and think about getting a firearm.

a firearm is your last defense.

a good alarm for the car is a good start.

video surveillance around the home is even better.

btw, rubber slugs for shotguns can still kill a person...

chill it was meant to be sarcasm im not some idiot who is going to cut down everybody who walks by let alone pull a gun on somebody..if it comes down to where i catch the guy ill most likely just catch him in the act with a surprise call to the cops..i have thought about video surveillance though because it has happened to my dad a month ago.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Car Info: Type 53
rubber slugs can kill, if you hit the wrong spot. just aim for the knee caps.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by mcast
rubber slugs can kill, if you hit the wrong spot. just aim for the ****
Fixed
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I can completely sympathize with you, I had my STI BROKEN into and my truck stolen completely. I was so effin pissed last week. I went out and found my truck before the police did, and that mother****er was lucky he was not there when I got there.

I think that people who steal from other people directly should DIAF. It makes you feel so powerless because you have no idea what they look like. I think its made me more quick to stop it from happening to others. I now patrol my neighborhood, any unusual vehicles get the greeting from me, in addition to a watchful eye.